X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Pisa would help more ways than 1

He, replacing Ellison, will allow Maybin more play time. Maybin and Ellison on the same side at the same time is just inviting big runs to that side.

Of course, ideally, I'd move Schobel over to that side and let Maybin partner up with Mitchell.
  • jimbohastle51
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Pisa would help more ways than 1

agreed

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

Draz, I agree 100%. Although the stats of Ellison and Pisa are very comparable (over the past three seasons), Pisa is a better overall player and can compliment our LB corp nicely. Maybin can definitely benefit.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsWin
        Draz, I agree 100%. Although the stats of Ellison and Pisa are very comparable (over the past three seasons), Pisa is a better overall player and can compliment our LB corp nicely. Maybin can definitely benefit.
        Pisa has been an underrated player pretty much his whole career. He can play... very well as a matter of fact.

Comment

• yordad
          • Dec 2007

Ya know, I don't really know why people keep referring to the three year stats to show something. Seems one would do that only if they were trying to show something. Check Pisa and Ellison out. Don't let the "starts" "stat" fool ya. Ellison was the starting OLB in all 16 games last year. We just happened opened 2 games in the nickle package. Pisa had almost double the number of solo tackles Last Year, (88 to 49).

The biggest difference is I think Pisa played a majority of his snaps on the weak side, while Ellison played on the strong. Ellison did play the weak side the year before though and he mustered 30 tackles (23 solos) in in 9 starts. Which was on pace for 53 (41 solo), and even worst.

Anyways, seems to me if your gonna compare 2 players, you would compare their most recent years. Who cares who was better 3 years ago?

To top it off, at 27, Pisa is only 2 years older then Ellison.
          Last edited by yordad; 05-14-2009, 07:23 PM.
          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Maybe switching Mitchell to the strong side is the answer.
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• BillsWin
              man amongst boys
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by yordad
              Ya know, I don't really know why people keep referring to the three year stats to show something. Seems one would do that only if they were trying to show something. Check Pisa and Ellison out. Don't let the "starts" "stat" fool ya. Ellison was the starting OLB in all 16 games. We just happened to open 2 games in the nickle. Pisa had almost double the number of solo tackles Last Year, (88 to 49).

The biggest difference is I think Pisa played a majority of his snaps on the weak side, while Ellison played on the strong. Ellison did play the weak side the year before though and he mustered 30 tackles (23 solos) in in 9 starts. Which was on pace for 53 (41 solo), and even worst.

Anyways, seems to me if your gonna compare 2 players, you would compare their most recent years. Who cares who was better 3 years ago?

To top it off, at 27, Pisa is only 2 years older then Ellison.

I was just trying to compare their last three years to eachother because they both had around the same number of starts.

I personally think that Pisa is much, much, much, MUCH better than Ellison.
              I am The Batman.

Comment

• yordad
                • Dec 2007

I was just trying to compare their last three years to eachother because they both had around the same number of starts.

I personally think that Pisa is much, much, much, MUCH better than Ellison.
                Oh, I hear ya man. I wasn't coming at you. I read that on here a couple times in the last three days. I just wanted to point out how I felt about that line. I mean, did you look it up and do the math, or did you just read it too? Because I think it is very easy to take a stat at face value, and not look alittle closer at it sometimes. Afterall, a stat is supposed to be unbiased, but they are skewable.
                Last edited by yordad; 05-14-2009, 07:30 PM.

Comment

• BillsWin
                  man amongst boys
                  • Oct 2008

Oh, I hear ya man. I wasn't coming at you. I read that on here a couple times in the last three days. I just wanted to point out how I felt about that line. I mean, did you look it up and do the math, or did you just read it too? Because I think it is very easy to take a stat at face value, and not look alittle closer at it sometimes. Afterall, a stat is supposed to be unbiased, but they are skewable.
                  absolutely. You are 100% right about the stats. Like I said, Pisa is much better than Ellison and has been in the length of his career.
                  I am The Batman.

Comment

• yordad
                    • Dec 2007

Actually, I just noticed, in '07 they both started 9 games on the weak side. Ellison had 30 tackles (23 solos), as previously mentioned, while Pisa had 40 (and 31 solo). That is 33% more productive.

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

Actually, I just noticed, in '07 they both started 9 games on the weak side. Ellison had 30 tackles (23 solos), as previously mentioned, while Pisa had 40 (and 31 solo). That is 33% more productive.
                      33% more productive makes the linebacker corps 33% better. I'll take anything at this point to make the Bills a better football team.
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

Working...
                      X