05-14-2009, 11:38 PM
I'm sick to my stomach.

:blowup:

LtFinFan66
05-14-2009, 11:39 PM
Go Pens!!

JD
05-14-2009, 11:57 PM
It's a lose - lose situation, I hate both teams.

No matter who wins, Detroit will sweep in 4

LtFinFan66
05-15-2009, 12:07 AM
can't sweep in 5

Michael82
05-15-2009, 12:14 AM
It's a lose - lose situation, I hate both teams.

No matter who wins, Detroit will sweep in 5
I HATE both teams too. What a crappy game. I don't want either of them in the finals.... :ill:

Michael82
05-15-2009, 12:15 AM
can't sweep in 5
:rofl: Good point!

JD
05-15-2009, 01:47 AM
lmao obviously hit the wrong button

don137
05-15-2009, 07:29 AM
I pretty much hate all Eastern Conference teams. The only teams I despise in the Western Conference are Dallas and Detroit (hockeytown my a$$- How come I always see empty seat in their arena?)

The King
05-15-2009, 07:36 AM
:bulletinmouth:

Jan Reimers
05-15-2009, 08:55 AM
I hate them, too. I've been to several games in Raleigh and their fans are really ugly. They know very little about hockey - the 'Canes play in the NC State basketball arena - but they sure are arrogant.

I don't love the Pens, either, but I hope they crush the 'Canes.

The King
05-15-2009, 09:01 AM
I think I have to pull for the Blackhawks the rest of the way.

Patrick76777
05-15-2009, 09:11 AM

Patrick Kane! Buffalo boy!

We get our Pizza at his cousin's place on Abbott in South B.

Mr. Pink
05-16-2009, 06:58 AM
Go Pens!!

:up:

JD
05-17-2009, 02:17 AM
I pretty much hate all Eastern Conference teams. The only teams I despise in the Western Conference are Dallas and Detroit (hockeytown my a$$- How come I always see empty seat in their arena?)

Maybe its the car industry taking a **** causing Detroit to be the worst hit by unemployment? Just a guess :sailor:

JD
05-17-2009, 02:19 AM
Agreed. I hope for a Hawks v. Pens final with the Hawks taking it in 4 (Havlat scores 12 goals in the finals to help me win my playoff points pool)

:limpclap:

BleedinGreenNC
05-17-2009, 06:35 PM
I hate them, too. I've been to several games in Raleigh and their fans are really ugly. They know very little about hockey - the 'Canes play in the NC State basketball arena - but they sure are arrogant.

I don't love the Pens, either, but I hope they crush the 'Canes.

You must have been in the nose bleed section, um, arrogant would be the Sabre fans in the parking lot after a loss at the RBC Center. Yeah, we know nothing about hockey here.:sarcasm2:

JD
05-17-2009, 11:36 PM
You must have been in the nose bleed section, um, arrogant would be the Sabre fans in the parking lot after a loss at the RBC Center. Yeah, we know nothing about hockey here.:sarcasm2:

:rofl:

2006.......Game 5.........Eastern Conference Finals

I purchased 4 tickets together, for $120 each.. 2 minutes before the puck dropped. 65-70% of your crowd consist of women and children AND you have picnics in the parking lot. Your fans are a joke, and will always be a joke.

Two straight seasons under .500, lets see how many "caniacs" stick around.

:oldskool:

BleedinGreenNC
05-18-2009, 06:09 AM

I purchased 4 tickets together, for $120 each.. 2 minutes before the puck dropped. 65-70% of your crowd consist of women and children AND you have picnics in the parking lot. Your fans are a joke, and will always be a joke.

You can call us a joke, but the fact remains;

Stanley Cups

Carolina joke fans : 1

Sabre fans : 0

And these joke fans are enjoying the playoffs, how's golf season?

Mr. Pink
05-18-2009, 06:36 AM
You can call us a joke, but the fact remains;

Stanley Cups

Carolina joke fans : 1

Sabre fans : 0

And these joke fans are enjoying the playoffs, how's golf season?

Nice!

Go Pens!

BleedinGreenNC
05-18-2009, 10:02 AM

Nice!

Go Pens!

LOL! It will be a great series, good luck tonight!

BleedinGreenNC
05-18-2009, 10:06 AM

You would be surprised how well Carolina has taken to hockey, picnics in the parking lot is tailgating, ever heard of it?

We pull for our team no matter what, as do the Sabres fans. You sound very bitter, do you need someone to talk to?

Nighthawk
05-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Carolina is a terrible place to see a hockey game. They don't even get it...there is nothing that can change it.

BleedinGreenNC
05-18-2009, 02:10 PM
Carolina is a terrible place to see a hockey game. They don't even get it...there is nothing that can change it.

:drama: :poop:

SabreEleven
05-18-2009, 03:04 PM
I hate Boston more than the Canes...Boston has screwed us over in the past much more than Carolina.

rbochan
05-18-2009, 07:16 PM
I cain't believes we'z down 2 - nuttin'!!
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3474/redneck9472835dg3.jpg

LtFinFan66
05-18-2009, 07:18 PM

rbochan
05-18-2009, 07:41 PM
http://www.schroederville.org/gloom-despair-and-agony-on-me.jpg

BleedinGreenNC
05-18-2009, 08:02 PM
I cain't believes we'z down 2 - nuttin'!!
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3474/redneck9472835dg3.jpg

THis coming from a Buffalo fan??

Nighthawk
05-18-2009, 08:31 PM
THis coming from a Buffalo fan??

Hell, the Buffalo transplants are the only thing good about that city!

BleedinGreenNC
05-18-2009, 09:03 PM
Great game Pens fans!

BleedinGreenNC
05-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Hell, the Buffalo transplants are the only thing good about that city!

If the Canes and their fans suck so bad, then what would you call the Sabres and their fans? Pathetic is the term that comes to mind.

Nighthawk
05-18-2009, 09:42 PM
If the Canes and their fans suck so bad, then what would you call the Sabres and their fans? Pathetic is the term that comes to mind.

Nope, it would be - knowledgable, true fans, and not bandwagon fans...unlike that entire city.

chernobylwraiths
05-18-2009, 10:11 PM
I'm sure there are SOME good hockey fans in Carolina. They can't all be redneck neckcar fans. Their team certainly seems to know how to play (and has the players that can do it) playoff hockey.

JD
05-18-2009, 10:13 PM

Pathetic as in....?

:dizzy:

BleedinGreenNC
05-19-2009, 06:00 AM
Nope, it would be - knowledgable, true fans, and not bandwagon fans...unlike that entire city.

You obviously know nothing about Raleigh and the surrounding areas. I guess we have to bandwagon fans since the Canes have only been around since May of 1997.

We arent knowledgable because they havent been around that long? Whats funny is that the majority of the people in the Raleigh area are from all over the country, including myself, so to say that we arent "true" fans is ignorant.

DOnt be jealous just because the Canes have done more in their short time in Carolina than the Sabres have done in their entire existence.

LtFinFan66
05-19-2009, 06:06 AM
Wow, tough crowd in here

Nighthawk
05-19-2009, 11:58 AM
You obviously know nothing about Raleigh and the surrounding areas. I guess we have to bandwagon fans since the Canes have only been around since May of 1997.

We arent knowledgable because they havent been around that long? Whats funny is that the majority of the people in the Raleigh area are from all over the country, including myself, so to say that we arent "true" fans is ignorant.

DOnt be jealous just because the Canes have done more in their short time in Carolina than the Sabres have done in their entire existence.

I know plenty about the area and have many friends down there. They all tell me how terrible the fanbase is there and that people have no idea what the hell they're talking about. Trust me, I'm not the only person who feels this way...it's common knowledge amongst the national media and reported as such. Don't get pissed because the truth hurts sometimes.

Oh, by the way, didn't see you in here much until they were in the finals. Umm, that is kind of like a bandwagon fan.

BleedinGreenNC
05-19-2009, 12:29 PM
I know plenty about the area and have many friends down there. They all tell me how terrible the fanbase is there and that people have no idea what the hell they're talking about. Trust me, I'm not the only person who feels this way...it's common knowledge amongst the national media and reported as such. Don't get pissed because the truth hurts sometimes.

Oh, by the way, didn't see you in here much until they were in the finals. Umm, that is kind of like a bandwagon fan.

Im not pissed at all, loving the fact that my team, bandwagon or not, is in the Eastern Conference finals! The truth is that the Hurricanes have tons of support, and i have been here a long time. You should be pissed at the fact that the Sabres have an inept front office that will never get their crap together to win a title.

Signed,

THis bandwagon Hurricanes fan with a Stanley Cup to be proud of!:dink:

OpIv37
05-19-2009, 12:40 PM

if all those fans had been around since 1997 you'd have a point, but most jumped on board in '06 when they won the Cup. Hell, the Canes couldn't even sell out their playoff games that year after they got down a couple of games. That's how fairweather those mother****ers are. The Sabres haven't made the playoffs in 2 years and still get better than 18,000 a game and sell out most games. And they had 95% season ticket renewal. How exactly is the fan base "pathetic?" Wait til Carolina misses the playoffs two years in a row and see how empty that arena is.

OpIv37
05-19-2009, 12:41 PM
You should be pissed at the fact that the Sabres have an inept front office that will never get their crap together to win a title.

We are pissed about that and we complain about it all the time. But that has nothing to do with Carolina fans being bandwagon jumpers.

BlackMetalNinja
05-19-2009, 12:52 PM
I'll pop in long enough to say this, because if I get started on this topic, you'll be hard pressed to shut me up.

As of this post, you can still get 4 tickets together for the first home game in Carolina:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E0042A69C016301?majorcatid=10004&artistid=805908&minorcatid=9

Oh, and don't forget this flood of tickets from the ever so devoted season ticket holders:
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tix/

It's not even that I truly dislike the team, they're a talented team, but the majority of the fan base is pathetic and I can't stand them in the least. Hockey only exists from mid April until the team is eliminated.. IF they make the playoffs of course. Sure, there are some decent fans that are really into the team, most of them are converted fans of other teams however.

rbochan
05-19-2009, 01:11 PM
Dear 'Canes fans:

FYI, the season starts in October, not April.

BleedinGreenNC
05-19-2009, 01:32 PM
if all those fans had been around since 1997 you'd have a point, but most jumped on board in '06 when they won the Cup. Hell, the Canes couldn't even sell out their playoff games that year after they got down a couple of games. That's how fairweather those mother****ers are. The Sabres haven't made the playoffs in 2 years and still get better than 18,000 a game and sell out most games. And they had 95% season ticket renewal. How exactly is the fan base "pathetic?" Wait til Carolina misses the playoffs two years in a row and see how empty that arena is.

I became a fan of the Canes when i moved down here from NY in '97, label us what you want, i dont care if people dont go, that just gives me a chance to go and watch them play. Playoff games mean more income for the team, guess the Canes arent doing too bad.

BleedinGreenNC
05-19-2009, 01:40 PM
FYI for you Sabre fans;

1. We dont care that you think we are badwagon fans

2. We are enjoying the playoffs thanks to our team

3. We had the opportunity to watch our team raise the Cup

Poke fun, complain, mock our fanbase, doesnt matter, we are still playing.

BleedinGreenNC
05-19-2009, 01:43 PM
I'll pop in long enough to say this, because if I get started on this topic, you'll be hard pressed to shut me up.

As of this post, you can still get 4 tickets together for the first home game in Carolina:
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0E0042A69C016301?majorcatid=10004&artistid=805908&minorcatid=9

Oh, and don't forget this flood of tickets from the ever so devoted season ticket holders:
http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tix/

It's not even that I truly dislike the team, they're a talented team, but the majority of the fan base is pathetic and I can't stand them in the least. Hockey only exists from mid April until the team is eliminated.. IF they make the playoffs of course. Sure, there are some decent fans that are really into the team, most of them are converted fans of other teams however.

I do agree with the conversion aspect, i grew up in NY and came from a family that pulls for the Rangers and Islanders, needed a change and that is where i became a Canes fan.

On a side note, did you get that house out in Holly Springs? I just signed a contract for Washington Square at Amberly, nice place, check it out if you havent gotten your house yet, hope all is well.

OpIv37
05-19-2009, 02:39 PM
I became a fan of the Canes when i moved down here from NY in '97, label us what you want, i dont care if people dont go, that just gives me a chance to go and watch them play. Playoff games mean more income for the team, guess the Canes arent doing too bad.

You don't care if people don't go? That's fine, but don't come in here and say Sabres fans are pathetic when you can't even sell out PLAYOFF games. I'm sure the Canes have some die-hard fans and it sounds like you're one of them, but most of the fans are casual and the number of tickets available for a playoff game proves it. Our fans show up no matter what.

Hell, before the Caps got hot last year, no one was buying tickets and Sabres fans would take over the arena here in DC, and Buffalo is 400 miles away. When was the last time Canes fans took over an away game? Oh right- never.

BleedinGreenNC
05-19-2009, 02:56 PM
You don't care if people don't go? That's fine, but don't come in here and say Sabres fans are pathetic when you can't even sell out PLAYOFF games. I'm sure the Canes have some die-hard fans and it sounds like you're one of them, but most of the fans are casual and the number of tickets available for a playoff game proves it. Our fans show up no matter what.

Hell, before the Caps got hot last year, no one was buying tickets and Sabres fans would take over the arena here in DC, and Buffalo is 400 miles away. When was the last time Canes fans took over an away game? Oh right- never.

Point taken, When was the last time the Sabres won the Cup, thats right, NEVER! Keep on with it Sally!

SabreEleven
05-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Who won the luckiest Cup in the history of ever? 'Canes...without the injures to the Sabres and Oilers, the Canes would have never won.

BleedinGreenNC
05-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Doesnt take away the fact that we have a Cup now does it?

SabreEleven
05-19-2009, 03:10 PM
It is tainted in my book and that is all that matter's

BleedinGreenNC
05-19-2009, 03:11 PM

Because you the all knowing record keeper right?

SabreEleven
05-19-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm keeper of "Luckiest Stanley Cup Wins in History" list

BleedinGreenNC
05-19-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm keeper of "Luckiest Stanley Cup Wins in History" list

And you would be part of the "My team has no Stanley Cups" list. Keep reaching.

SabreEleven
05-19-2009, 03:22 PM
If you can live with your tainted Cup, who am I to argue?

BleedinGreenNC
05-19-2009, 03:24 PM
If you can live with your tainted Cup, who am I to argue?

I can live with the Canes being on the Stanley Cup, and it doesnt say tainted on it.

THATHURMANATOR
05-19-2009, 03:34 PM
FYI for you Sabre fans;

1. We dont care that you think we are badwagon fans

2. We are enjoying the playoffs thanks to our team

3. We had the opportunity to watch our team raise the Cup

Poke fun, complain, mock our fanbase, doesnt matter, we are still playing.
But the Cane fans are bandwagon *****es which is the worst thing a fan could be.

BleedinGreenNC
05-19-2009, 03:40 PM
But the Cane fans are bandwagon *****es which is the worst thing a fan could be.

LOL!! But we still won the Cup! Nuff said.

BlackMetalNinja
05-19-2009, 03:54 PM
I do agree with the conversion aspect, i grew up in NY and came from a family that pulls for the Rangers and Islanders, needed a change and that is where i became a Canes fan.

On a side note, did you get that house out in Holly Springs? I just signed a contract for Washington Square at Amberly, nice place, check it out if you havent gotten your house yet, hope all is well.Yes, we did buy it... We've been here since last June now. Good luck with your place!

As for the rest, again, I'm not getting into it, I could go on for days, but nobody is going to change the other's mind in here, so it's pointless.

BleedinGreenNC
05-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Yes, we did buy it... We've been here since last June now. Good luck with your place!

As for the rest, again, I'm not getting into it, I could go on for days, but nobody is going to change the other's mind in here, so it's pointless.

Congrats on that! Thanks man!

On the other part, very true, case closed.

Mr. Pink
05-19-2009, 05:21 PM

Seen that argument made against me as well...I've been a fan of the Penguins since I was younger and Cleveland was the IHL affiliate of the team. That combined with Mario Lemieux made it very easy to follow/like them. I've also had the penguin logo on my deal since about a month after I joined the site.

I just don't post in this forum often because I don't have very many good things to say about the Sabres as a product, an organization or as a team. With the fan support this city has for that team, their cheap ass owner and incompetent front office should do better.

However none of their on ice product will change with the current power structure in place.

Just because bleed doesn't post in here often doesn't mean he's less of a hockey or hurricane fan. What honestly do you think he has to add to a forum that is mainly Sabres based?

rbochan
05-19-2009, 05:22 PM
LOL!! But we still won the Cup! Nuff said.
You're preaching to one of the most rabid Hockey markets on the continent.

I'll tell you what fer: When the Carolina Hurricanes pay homage to their legacy and beginnings, by having a "Gordie Howe Night" to honor one of the most storied and respected Hockey legends, and an integral part of their history...
When the Carolina Hurricanes hang the banners/retire the numbers of such players as: Davey Keon, Gordie Howe, Bobby Hull, Rick Ley, Ulf Samuelsson... Out of respect for the sport, and in honor of their origins as the Whalers... you remember the Whalers, don't you?

When they can do that, as well as fill the arena during the regular season - especially when they aren't in Cup contention? And, by the way, where were you last season, or the season before? Huh?

When they have done these things, you can come back and boast of your fans' committment to the sport of Hockey - And, by all standards, you'll have earned our respect for toughing it out when things are bad. Until then, man-up and take your medicine. You are still viewed as fickle, bandwagon fans, who would desert the sport for greener pastures when it suits you - And find every opportunity to wave a banner you haven't agonized over, in our faces.

It's pretty easy to walk into a sport, win a banner and proclaim yourself an ardent and lifelong fan. You're playing to an empty house here. Nobody cares. You can't convince us to like/cheer for/believe you deserve a team.

Sorry, but those are the facts.

Mr. Pink
05-19-2009, 05:22 PM

How is the Canes cup win tainted? Out of curiousity.

BleedinGreenNC
05-19-2009, 07:37 PM
You're preaching to one of the most rabid Hockey markets on the continent.

I'll tell you what fer: When the Carolina Hurricanes pay homage to their legacy and beginnings, by having a "Gordie Howe Night" to honor one of the most storied and respected Hockey legends, and an integral part of their history...
When the Carolina Hurricanes hang the banners/retire the numbers of such players as: Davey Keon, Gordie Howe, Bobby Hull, Rick Ley, Ulf Samuelsson... Out of respect for the sport, and in honor of their origins as the Whalers... you remember the Whalers, don't you?

When they can do that, as well as fill the arena during the regular season - especially when they aren't in Cup contention? And, by the way, where were you last season, or the season before? Huh?

When they have done these things, you can come back and boast of your fans' committment to the sport of Hockey - And, by all standards, you'll have earned our respect for toughing it out when things are bad. Until then, man-up and take your medicine. You are still viewed as fickle, bandwagon fans, who would desert the sport for greener pastures when it suits you - And find every opportunity to wave a banner you haven't agonized over, in our faces.

It's pretty easy to walk into a sport, win a banner and proclaim yourself an ardent and lifelong fan. You're playing to an empty house here. Nobody cares. You can't convince us to like/cheer for/believe you deserve a team.

Sorry, but those are the facts.

THe Sabres have a rich history, im not denying that fact. As a matter of fact i have been a Canes fan since the begining, 1997, thats right, not a long history, but history none the less. I could give two left nuts about your opinion about me, im here to post on a forum, nothing else. I wave the banner in your face in defense of my team, and in defense of the fans that you say dont deserve a hockey team. Call it what you will, i dont need your approval, or anyone else on here, as far as i know i am the only Canes fan on this site, and i have been here for 5 years, and i will be here for many more.

BleedinGreenNC
05-19-2009, 07:38 PM
How is the Canes cup win tainted? Out of curiousity.

Because in their eyes, the Canes played 5 on 3 in that Cup year, and injuries ravaged every team that they played. Bitterness is what it is.

JD
05-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Doesnt take away the fact that we have a Cup now does it?
We took you to game 7 with 65% of our defensemen being from the AHL. Our league leading shot blocker went down before game 7 with a mysterious leg infection. There will forever be an asterisk next to 2006 on the stanley cup.

JD
05-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Seen that argument made against me as well...I've been a fan of the Penguins since I was younger and Cleveland was the IHL affiliate of the team. That combined with Mario Lemieux made it very easy to follow/like them. I've also had the penguin logo on my deal since about a month after I joined the site.

I just don't post in this forum often because I don't have very many good things to say about the Sabres as a product, an organization or as a team. With the fan support this city has for that team, their cheap ass owner and incompetent front office should do better.

However none of their on ice product will change with the current power structure in place.

Just because bleed doesn't post in here often doesn't mean he's less of a hockey or hurricane fan. What honestly do you think he has to add to a forum that is mainly Sabres based?
Was your post necessary.. seriously?

You're neither a Bills OR Sabres fan... yet you've amassed almost 10,000 posts :loser:

BleedinGreenNC
05-19-2009, 07:58 PM
We took you to game 7 with 65% of our defensemen being from the AHL. Our league leading shot blocker went down before game 7 with a mysterious leg infection. There will forever be an asterisk next to 2006 on the stanley cup.

LOL!! And yet, once again, we have a Cup, not you!

BleedinGreenNC
05-19-2009, 07:59 PM

You're neither a Bills OR Sabres fan... yet you've amassed almost 10,000 posts :loser:

Oh wait, is this not a public forum anymore? :coocoo:

LtFinFan66
05-19-2009, 08:00 PM
Oh wait, is this not a public forum anymore? :coocoo:no doubt....I am really screwed if he thinks yay is a loser

JD
05-19-2009, 08:04 PM
It just boggles my mind, wouldn't you rather talk to people who share similar views and tastes? Is this the only forum you post at? If it's not, you really should step outside or hangout with some family once in a while. (unless you have a desk job then it makes sense)

LtFinFan66
05-19-2009, 08:07 PM
It just boggles my mind, wouldn't you rather talk to people who share similar views and tastes? Is this the only forum you post at? If it's not, you really should step outside or hangout with some family once in a while. (unless you have a desk job then it makes sense)I do have a desk job for the most part and work overnight. I go outside plenty....thanks. I watch TV and post on my laptop.

That's being said.....I honestly don't give a **** what you think you me. From what I have seen of you and your posts....Being called a loser be you should make me extremely thankful

Mr. Pink
05-20-2009, 01:17 AM

I'm not a Bills fan?

alright buddy.

Look at LT Fish Stick and all his posts on this board...what is he?

LtFinFan66
05-20-2009, 06:03 AM
I'm not a Bills fan?

alright buddy.

Look at LT Fish Stick and all his posts on this board...what is he?I already covered this. Thanks

Nighthawk
05-20-2009, 06:39 PM
We are pissed about that and we complain about it all the time. But that has nothing to do with Carolina fans being bandwagon jumpers.

Exactly...anybody on here knows how fond I am of the FO of the Sabres!

SabreEleven
05-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Exactly...anybody on here knows how fond I am of the FO of the Sabres!

I'm this close to calling you Larry Quinn Jr...

Nighthawk
05-20-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm this close to calling you Larry Quinn Jr...

Don't you even think about it! :nervous:

Nighthawk
05-20-2009, 06:44 PM

Thanks for making my point! He's on here riding the bandwagon while his team is doing well...other then that, POOF!....he's nowhere to be seen.

Oh, BleedinGreen, before you come back with your usual lame retort...I know...the Canes won a Stanley Cup.

BleedinGreenNC
05-20-2009, 08:01 PM
Thanks for making my point! He's on here riding the bandwagon while his team is doing well...other then that, POOF!....he's nowhere to be seen.

Oh, BleedinGreen, before you come back with your usual lame retort...I know...the Canes won a Stanley Cup.

Bandwagon this, keep waiting for your Stanley Cup! :air:

Nighthawk
05-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Bandwagon this, keep waiting for your Stanley Cup! :air:

And there it is! Gotta love the bandwagoners...

BleedinGreenNC
05-21-2009, 05:57 AM
And there it is! Gotta love the bandwagoners...

Whatever helps you sleep better at night, spanky.

Nighthawk
05-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Whatever helps you sleep better at night, spanky.

Love the Spanky comeback...

BleedinGreenNC
05-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Love the Spanky comeback...

What time is the Sabres game tonight?

LtFinFan66
05-21-2009, 08:23 PM
good one:rolleyes:

SabreEleven
05-21-2009, 09:11 PM
LOL!! And yet, once again, we have a Cup, not you!

If you are playing a team in a Conference finals and one of their top defensemen is Rory Fitzpatrick (due to injures), you better win the ****ing game cause it would be an embarrassment not to.

LtFinFan66
05-21-2009, 09:14 PM
7-4 Pens. minute left

BleedinGreenNC
05-21-2009, 09:14 PM
If you are playing a team in a Conference finals and one of their top defensemen is Rory Fitzpatrick (due to injures), you better win the ****ing game cause it would be an embarrassment not to.

Make the playoffs before you talk ****, the Sabres will always be a joke.

BleedinGreenNC
05-21-2009, 09:16 PM
7-4 Pens. minute left

Good win tonight, great momentum going into game 3.

LtFinFan66
05-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Carolina made it known they weren't going away with the late game scrap

BleedinGreenNC
05-21-2009, 09:24 PM
Carolina made it known they weren't going away with the late game scrap

THis loss stings, but at least it's been entertaining! Never really thought of the Penguins as a dominant team until now, very well played game!

SabreEleven
05-21-2009, 10:48 PM

The Sabres have made the playoffs more times than Carolina has even been in the league. You'll be jumping off the bandwagon in a couple of games.

and to show what a joke your Cup was, you guys didn't even make the playoffs the following year...

JD
05-22-2009, 12:12 PM

I wouldn't say a franchise that has made the playoffs 27 times over 39 years is a joke :beers:

Nighthawk
05-22-2009, 02:50 PM
I wouldn't say a franchise that has made the playoffs 27 times over 39 years is a joke :beers:

When you're a bandwagon fan it is hard to distinguish facts from reality.

OpIv37
05-22-2009, 09:40 PM
I'm really sick of this ****.

They're called the Hurricanes because their fans really ****ing blow.

/thread.

BlackMetalNinja
05-23-2009, 07:40 AM
11 hours till gametime... anybody want 3 seats together?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/scottlunn/Pathetic.jpg

SabreEleven
05-23-2009, 10:45 AM
$22.00 for a convience charge...that is freaking ridiculous...$66.00 just so these people can run their website...

JD
05-23-2009, 11:32 AM
11 hours till gametime... anybody want 3 seats together?

No thanks, I'm getting mine off Craigslist. :pirate:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/search/tix?query=hurricanes&minAsk=min&maxAsk=max

LtFinFan66
05-23-2009, 11:34 AM
GO PENS!!

JD
05-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Go Pens INDEED!

Mr. Pink
05-23-2009, 11:54 AM

Well to be fair back in the day, half the league made the playoffs so that's not saying much. :rofl:

JD
05-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Well to be fair back in the day, half the league made the playoffs so that's not saying much. :rofl:

...and they still do today :coocoo:

Mr. Pink
05-23-2009, 12:04 PM
...and they still do today :coocoo:

I worded that wrong...

20 years ago only 5 teams didn't make the playoffs.

So you had to incredibly suck to not make the playoffs.

16 of 30 make it now compared to 16 of 21.

BlackMetalNinja
05-23-2009, 02:51 PM
What I really meant to say was 3.5 hours before the game, and you can get 8 tickets together...

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a85/scottlunn/reallypathetic.jpg

LtFinFan66
05-23-2009, 02:57 PM

LtFinFan66
05-23-2009, 02:59 PM
or 10 together

Section
Row
Seats
Description

X
10 - 1
PRICE LEVEL 8
LOWER LEVEL SEATING
FULL VIEW

Type

10 Regular priced admission

Ticket Price

US $175.00 x 10

Convenience Charge

US $22.00 x 10

OpIv37
05-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Damn.

Even Caps fans showed up in droves for the playoffs and tickets were going for ridiculous prices.

Calling Carolina fans "bandwagon jumpers" was actually too kind. Their team is in the damn conf finals and they STILL don't show up.

LtFinFan66
05-23-2009, 09:01 PM
Pens win 6-2

lead series 3-0

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-23-2009, 09:29 PM
enjoy it while it lasts Pittsburgh because Detroit is going to win it again. The NHL will make it the feel good story.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/columns/story/674888.html

LtFinFan66
05-23-2009, 09:30 PM
I am enjoying it. Thanks

BleedinGreenNC
05-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Great game again LT, good luck against Detroit in the Finals!!

Make fun of the ticket sales all you want, your team wasnt **** this year, or any year for that fact. Do you know whats a joke? Making the playoffs 27 times over 39 years and not winning the Cup!!

BleedinGreenNC
05-23-2009, 10:03 PM
The Sabres have made the playoffs more times than Carolina has even been in the league. You'll be jumping off the bandwagon in a couple of games.

and to show what a joke your Cup was, you guys didn't even make the playoffs the following year...

Yeah, you jump off the Dookie bandwagon yet?

SabreEleven
05-23-2009, 10:49 PM
3 Division Titles, 2 conference titles, 1 Stanley Cup*, 0 Fans.

Nighthawk
05-24-2009, 09:22 AM
You know that you're a bandwagon fan when all you can come back with is "well, your team doesn't have a Cup."

Blah, blah, blah...everything you post keeps making the point for us.

SabreEleven
05-24-2009, 11:09 AM
Yeah, you jump off the Dookie bandwagon yet?

Ohhhh, you got me with that one :rolleyes:

JD
05-24-2009, 01:21 PM
Pathetic Sabres fans.... 9,000+ outside the arena for a round 2 playoff game.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lYh4WUqfg1U&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lYh4WUqfg1U&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

There were around 15,000 outside for the conference finals while at the other end, the "caniacs" couldn't pack their house.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QxMGCPdGDf0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QxMGCPdGDf0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

/thread

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-24-2009, 02:53 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200905/dianapenguins0523g_500.jpg

and some Hurricanes fan that they showed last night on TV had his jersey on backwards.

BlackMetalNinja
05-25-2009, 08:01 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/200905/dianapenguins0523g_500.jpg

and some Hurricanes fan that they showed last night on TV had his jersey on backwards.

You sure it wasn't just sleeveless :puke:

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nhl_experts__32/ept_sports_nhl_experts-363156020-1243014132.jpg?ym1fHTBDRVY_B_pL

Nighthawk
05-25-2009, 08:53 AM
You sure it wasn't just sleeveless :puke:

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nhl_experts__32/ept_sports_nhl_experts-363156020-1243014132.jpg?ym1fHTBDRVY_B_pL

Now that about sums up this arguement!

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-25-2009, 10:39 AM
OK, now I've seen it all! those sleeveless jerseys are worse than the Cooperall pants that Philadelphia and Hartford wore.

http://www.nhluniforms.com/1980s/FlyersPants.jpghttp://cdn.nhl.com/image-upload/francis_cooperalls_tall.jpg

For the 1981-82 season, the Philadelphia Flyers introduced the decade's most radical idea -- long pants, as modeled here by Brian Propp. The idea behind the new pants, manufactured by Cooper under the name Cooperall, was to create a faster, lighter uniform, with lighter padding underneath. The pants did make the skaters faster; unfortunately, they were also faster whenever they took a spill and would crash very hard into the boards. The Hartford Whalers joined the Flyers in wearing long pants the following season. At the end of the 1982-83 season, the NHL outlawed the long pants, causing both the Flyers and the Whalers to revert back to the old faithful, time-tested short pants.http://www.nhluniforms.com/

SabreEleven
05-25-2009, 12:08 PM
I never knew that. thanks for the history lesson again. You should go to the Hurricanes board and pass out these history lessons.

OpIv37
05-25-2009, 04:03 PM
I never knew that. thanks for the history lesson again. You should go to the Hurricanes board and pass out these history lessons.

Well, he should go to the Hurricanes board and start by explaining basic hockey terms like "icing," "offsides," "stick" and "puck" and eventually he can work his way up to uniform history.

SabreEleven
05-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Well, he should go to the Hurricanes board and start by explaining basic hockey terms like "icing," "offsides," "stick" and "puck" and eventually he can work his way up to uniform history.

but then again, who would read it?

LtFinFan66
05-25-2009, 04:17 PM
are there Hurricane boards?

SabreEleven
05-25-2009, 04:33 PM
Great question, Dan. There would have to be fans first...these boards don't make themselves.

BlackMetalNinja
05-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Their official board has all of 4,000 members!

LtFinFan66
05-26-2009, 08:58 PM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/LtFinFan66/2cxdjr9.jpg

JD
05-26-2009, 08:59 PM
SWEEEEEEP!!!!!!!

Oh this is great, I'm getting drunk tonight in celebration even though I work in the mornin

BleedinGreenNC
05-26-2009, 09:09 PM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/LtFinFan66/2cxdjr9.jpg

Excellent series, Pens were by far the better team. Good luck against Detroit!

LtFinFan66
05-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Thanks. Should be a good one

Dude
05-27-2009, 07:55 AM
At the risk of throwing fuel on the fire ....

I was at a sports bar in Myrtle Beach to watch the last game of the Carolina/Buffalo conference final. There were three rednecks wearing a combination of NASCAR and Hurricanes gear who had no idea what was going on, and every time the Hurricanes scored they shouted football smack at me and the three other Sabres fans that were there.

Seriously - what does Thurman Thomas have to do with the Stanley Cup? ****ing morons.

That's all I have to say about Carolina hockey "fans".

Dude
05-27-2009, 07:56 AM
And before anyone throws out the "Sabres have no Cup" thing, save the postage. They don't have any Coca-Cola 600 victories either. Who gives a ****?

BleedinGreenNC
05-27-2009, 10:18 AM
But it irks you just a little doesnt it?:dink:

Dude
05-27-2009, 10:43 AM
No, not really. Lots of other teams have won a Cup too.

don137
05-27-2009, 11:27 AM
Man, as far a playoffs go that was a very dull series. Usually playoff hockey is tight and hockey fans are on the edge of their seat watching. The Pens dominated everything in this series. I do not like either team but love hockey, especially playoff hockey but that series was very disappointing since the Pens dominated it.

LtFinFan66
05-27-2009, 11:30 AM
The other two Pens series and the other 2 Canes series were great though

Nighthawk
05-27-2009, 12:18 PM
I'm sure that all 10 of the Hurricane fans were crushed last night.

don137
05-27-2009, 01:06 PM
The other two Pens series and the other 2 Canes series were great though
No question about it especially the New Jersey and Carolina series. I thought that series was the best series of the playoffs. Very good hockey.

BleedinGreenNC
05-27-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm sure that all 10 of the Hurricane fans were crushed last night.

:limpclap: