PDA

View Full Version : Reportedly Ralph wanted some coaching changes

ghz in pittsburgh
05-15-2009, 10:16 AM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/05/diner-morning-news-assistant-coaches/

So Ralph Wilson wanted to fire some coaches ... who did he had a problem with? Turk?

------------------------------------------------------------
Ralph Wilson, the owner of the Bills, wanted some changes to the staff this offseason, but because of head coach Dick Jauron’s insistence on continuity, no changes were made.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lexwhat
05-15-2009, 10:22 AM
"Continuity"

In other words, Jauron is loyal to a fault and can't admit he hired the wrong guy.

billsfanone
05-15-2009, 10:24 AM
i dont blame jauron. if ralph wanted to change things up he should have eaten money and fired jauron.

mikemac2001
05-15-2009, 10:25 AM
"Continuity"

In other words, Jauron is loyal to a fault and can't admit he hired the wrong guy.

Either way if we suck he is gone I see dicks point in not starting a whole new scheme maybe it clicks for these guys

SABURZFAN
05-15-2009, 10:29 AM
he shouldn't have given Jauron the contract extension then.

Jan Reimers
05-15-2009, 10:34 AM
I'd take this article with a large grain of salt. Lombardi has Chambers at RT.

Lexwhat
05-15-2009, 10:38 AM
Either way if we suck he is gone I see dicks point in not starting a whole new scheme maybe it clicks for these guys

But at the same time, we know how Jauron is with all that loyalty BS.

The only thing that saved us from Steve Fairchild is Fairchild himself leaving Buffalo for that college coaching job.

casdhf
05-15-2009, 10:40 AM
Who did he want gone, is my question.

justasportsfan
05-15-2009, 10:45 AM
If Turk turns out to be a Turd again we should switch to the no huddle that way Trent makes the calls on the field . I am in no way saying Trent is as smart as Kelly to make the calls but I can only guess the Trent will be a better Qb than Turk will ever be.

ghz in pittsburgh
05-15-2009, 10:45 AM
That's my question, too. Is it Turk? That seems to be a little far fetched. I can think of the D-Line coach but he did leave and we brought in Sanders.

justasportsfan
05-15-2009, 10:51 AM

APRIL!!!

:funny:

patmoran2006
05-15-2009, 10:51 AM
I'd take this article with a large grain of salt. Lombardi has Chambers at RT.
That's not far fetched at all to say Chambers is our RT.
It's by no stretch a 'lock' that Butler beats him out at RT for the job, assuming we dont sign Jones and keep Walker at RT.

Night Train
05-15-2009, 11:48 AM
APRIL!!!

:funny:

No doubt.

He probably wanted Jauron to can all of them except Chuck Lester.

ParanoidAndroid
05-15-2009, 12:47 PM
The Bills have a lot riding on this season, and it will take the best of every player, coach and front office member to reach the playoffs. My good friend Eric Musselman, the former Golden State Warriors coach, always talked to his team about each player improving 10 percent, each coach improving 10 percent and each executive improving 10 percent. That would make the team 30 percent stronger than the previous year — and likely resulting in a playoff appearance.

That has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. It makes no sense.

Jan Reimers
05-15-2009, 12:50 PM
That's not far fetched at all to say Chambers is our RT.
It's by no stretch a 'lock' that Butler beats him out at RT for the job, assuming we dont sign Jones and keep Walker at RT.
I understand that, but Lombardi lists Chambers as if he's a done deal there, with no mention of Butler.

Jan Reimers
05-15-2009, 12:55 PM
I understand that, but Lombardi lists Chambers as if he's a done deal there, with no mention of Butler.
Oh, and that pesky Bills' Depth Chart has Butler at RT with Chambers backing him up.