PDA

View Full Version : Pisa

T-Long
05-15-2009, 12:49 PM
Signed yet? I'm sure they want to get things done before he leaves town, and with the start of OTA's on Monday. Come on OBD!!!

The Spaz
05-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Well we haven't heard he left which is good.

jimbohastle51
05-15-2009, 01:17 PM
Well we haven't heard he left which is good.

very true. it would have been reported if we had left town. i think since his physical was in the afternoon as reported, that he probably just went back to his hotel or out to dinner with some of our players while his agent has been working on things. i am sure it gets done today. our coaching staff would want him here for the beginning of OTA's if he is signing with us.

madness
05-15-2009, 01:47 PM
I feel sick to my stomach. :ill:

3. Chris,

Have the Bills made any hint that they are looking at Levi Jones, or any other tackles in free agency? They are always talking about evaluating free agent talent if they think they can upgrade a position. Do you know what kind of deal Levi Jones camp is looking for? Also, any word about Piso Tinoisamoa, the linebacker from the Rams? How are the talks going? Are they continuing?

Tim
Rochester CB: Levi Jones is an interesting option to consider. He’s 29, but he hasn’t played a full season each of the last three years due to injury problems. That’s always a concern for a lineman where durability and availability are hugely important. I think he’s still a good player, but if he’s asking for big money it won’t happen.
He was in the middle of a 6-year $40M dollar deal, and I imagine if he’s looking for comparable money the Bills probably wouldn’t fork it over. I think he’s worth considering, but at the right price.
As for Tinoisamoa it doesn’t sound as if anything is imminent.

5. Hi Chris, just a couple of quick questions…Is Chris Ellis ever being considered for a move to outside linebacker and is he healthy for this upcoming season? And is the Samoan linebacker from the Rams being seriously considered? Thanks for all your time and great updates..Ray
CB: I don’t see Chris Ellis as a LB option. I think they want to continue to develop him as a defensive end in their system. He is healthy. He just had a high ankle sprain at season’s end and since he wasn’t going to be healthy before the end of the season they just put him on injured reserve so they had another roster spot to use for a healthy player.
As for Tinoisamoa they are interested and had him in for a visit Thursday. The visit went well by all indications, but nothing new

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/

jimbohastle51
05-15-2009, 02:12 PM
chris brown is always vague. that doesnt mean anything. he isnt going to say pisa is signing a contract now, hold on, yep, just put the pen to paper its official. he isnt worth a damn when it comes to info

WeAreArthurMoates
05-15-2009, 02:23 PM
chris brown is always vague. that doesnt mean anything. he isnt going to say pisa is signing a contract now, hold on, yep, just put the pen to paper its official. he isnt worth a damn when it comes to info

True that, it's just irrating. I just hope it turns out like the Rhodes situation. Shop himself for a couple days and then sign here.

jimbohastle51
05-15-2009, 03:59 PM
we are going to sign him. i know it is going to happen. now you cant blame him for seeing if there is a better offer on the table, but chris brown doesnt know anything about this stuff, or at least he is horrible at giving info. what he did report that was definitive was that the bills are interested in him and that the meeting and physical went well. its going to happen.

Jan Reimers
05-15-2009, 04:03 PM
My gut feeling is that we lose this guy, like so many others that leave without a contract and never come back. But I hope I'm wrong.

madness
05-15-2009, 04:07 PM
Tim Graham gives us a ray of hope!

Phil (Charlottesville): Tim, any news on the visit of Tinoisamoa? I read KC Joyner's piece and have to agree he wouldn't have that much of an impact, other than to provide depth. Wouldn't Levi Jones be a more suitable candidate to throw money at?

http://a.espncdn.com/i/sn2.gif Tim Graham: (3:06 PM ET ) Tinoisamoa might not be a huge upgrade over Ellison, but I will say adding him will be significant from a depth standpoint. The Bills have been notoriously thin at linebacker the past few years.

http://a.espncdn.com/i/sn2.gif Tim Graham: (3:07 PM ET ) As for an update on Tinoisamoa's visit (I've just gotten to the point I can type his name without looking it up) I haven't heard any updates. But stay tuned.

http://a.espncdn.com/i/sn2.gif Tim Graham: (3:08 PM ET ) But I can do this: Niedermayer, Afinogenov, Khabibulin, Ponikarovsky

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=26453

jimbohastle51
05-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Tim Graham gives us a ray of hope!

Phil (Charlottesville): Tim, any news on the visit of Tinoisamoa? I read KC Joyner's piece and have to agree he wouldn't have that much of an impact, other than to provide depth. Wouldn't Levi Jones be a more suitable candidate to throw money at?

http://a.espncdn.com/i/sn2.gif Tim Graham: (3:06 PM ET ) Tinoisamoa might not be a huge upgrade over Ellison, but I will say adding him will be significant from a depth standpoint. The Bills have been notoriously thin at linebacker the past few years.

http://a.espncdn.com/i/sn2.gif Tim Graham: (3:07 PM ET ) As for an update on Tinoisamoa's visit (I've just gotten to the point I can type his name without looking it up) I haven't heard any updates. But stay tuned.

http://a.espncdn.com/i/sn2.gif Tim Graham: (3:08 PM ET ) But I can do this: Niedermayer, Afinogenov, Khabibulin, Ponikarovsky

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=26453

its going down. when chris brown says nothings imminent he means with the next hour or 2 probably, and you cant blame the damn weasel because he gets hate mail all damn day LOL!!! he is trying to buy himself time with saying pisa tinoisomoa 1200 times fast LOL!

Night Train
05-15-2009, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't give him more than 1-2 years.

If Jauron gets canned, which is overdue at present, the D changes and we're stuck with a small Cover 2 OLB if we give him a long term deal.

Think beyond the next 10 minutes.

Michael82
05-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Come on Pisa! Sign the ****ing contract now! We need you in our OTAs next week. :pray:

Buddo
05-15-2009, 05:13 PM
I wouldn't give him more than 1-2 years.

If Jauron gets canned, which is overdue at present, the D changes and we're stuck with a small Cover 2 OLB if we give him a long term deal.

Think beyond the next 10 minutes.

The problem with that, is it's likely not what he is looking for.
If you are going to take that approach, you will have to 'overpay' if you actually want to sign the guy.
Better to give him the length of contract he wants, and work out how you want to load it, in light of any impending future coaching change.
Who's to say that a new coach wouldn't keep a Base Cover 2 D anyway? It's not so much the scheme at fault as the implementation of it, and associated play calls.

BillsWin
05-15-2009, 05:18 PM
I left work about 2 hours ago and he hadn't left Buffalo. Correction, I hadn't got any news that he had left Buffalo, he could have snuck out, but I doubt he has left. News of him leaving would have gotten out somehow.

Mudflap1
05-15-2009, 05:22 PM
jimbohastle51:

Your enthusiasm and positive attitude is admirable, but I'm a little concerned that you are so convinced Pisa is going to sign that you are ignoring the fact that this story was hot and heavy earlier in the week, and has almost completely dropped way off the hot stove since. Perhaps there is a hitch, and things aren't coming together? How many times have we seen this happen? 99% chance it's about money too.

Jon

jimbohastle51
05-15-2009, 05:32 PM
jimbohastle51:

Your enthusiasm and positive attitude is admirable, but I'm a little concerned that you are so convinced Pisa is going to sign that you are ignoring the fact that this story was hot and heavy earlier in the week, and has almost completely dropped way off the hot stove since. Perhaps there is a hitch, and things aren't coming together? How many times have we seen this happen? 99% chance it's about money too.

Jon

i trust my guy, and he told me that this was going down. again, there have been no reports of him leaving buffalo, so i am going to be optimistic and believe my friend at least through tomorrow, but i had reason to believe he would sign today.

jimbohastle51
05-15-2009, 05:35 PM
another reason i am still optimistic is because we always get a report from chris brown or somewhere that "he left without a contract" or dialogue with his agent is still open but he left". we always get something like that. but my friend has been very reliable to me and i believe this is going to go down. i usually love to bash our front office but i am under the impression that they wont goof this up. we will see.

jimbohastle51
05-15-2009, 05:44 PM
well boys i am off to go get some hibachi! and eat some sushi with some friends so hopefully when i get back after 12 gin and tonics and being 200 lighter in the wallet there will be some pisa news!!

Michael82
05-15-2009, 06:39 PM
another reason i am still optimistic is because we always get a report from chris brown or somewhere that "he left without a contract" or dialogue with his agent is still open but he left". we always get something like that. but my friend has been very reliable to me and i believe this is going to go down. i usually love to bash our front office but i am under the impression that they wont goof this up. we will see.
hmm, that's a very good point! Brown has been pretty quiet. I still have some hope that it will get done. I just hope they don't do what they did with the other LBs.... :pray:

Syderick
05-16-2009, 12:09 AM
Hopefully they can sign him soon

MassEffect218435
05-16-2009, 12:34 AM
Last I read he was planning on visiting the Patriots (and another team).

jimbohastle51
05-16-2009, 12:53 AM
Last I read he was planning on visiting the Patriots (and another team).
he isnt visiting the pats bro. the pats dont want him. where is a linebacker the size of rodney harrison going to play in your 3-4? nice try man. take the mass pike for a HIKE!!!

seanbillsfan
05-16-2009, 01:06 AM
Hes not gonna be signed

MassEffect218435
05-16-2009, 01:22 AM
he isnt visiting the pats bro. the pats dont want him. where is a linebacker the size of rodney harrison going to play in your 3-4? nice try man. take the mass pike for a HIKE!!!Your argument on size holds no weight, perhaps you should do some more research "bro." Tinoisamoa ended the season at 243 pounds, 2 pounds lighter than Tedy Bruschi who has done just fine at 245 pounds over the better part of the past decade. Oh yeah, and that nobody rookie of the year played at 242 last season, but he's too small to play in the 3-4 right?The issue with him in the 3-4 won't be your false myth about his size, it will be the fact that he's never played in a true 3-4 and there will be a steep learning curve; but it's not like he'll be asked to start over Mayo and Bruschi barring injury.

The rumor of him visiting the Patriots arose when McKenzie was deemed done for the year, they are now in the need of an inside LB, and in the 3-4 he would likely play inside. I didn't say that it was a done deal that he's visiting New England, I simply said that I read it at some juncture last week. So chill out "bro."

jimbohastle51
05-16-2009, 01:54 AM
Your argument on size holds no weight, perhaps you should do some more research "bro." Tinoisamoa ended the season at 243 pounds, 2 pounds lighter than Tedy Bruschi who has done just fine at 245 pounds over the better part of the past decade. Oh yeah, and that nobody rookie of the year played at 242 last season, but he's too small to play in the 3-4 right?The issue with him in the 3-4 won't be your false myth about his size, it will be the fact that he's never played in a true 3-4 and there will be a steep learning curve; but it's not like he'll be asked to start over Mayo and Bruschi barring injury.

The rumor of him visiting the Patriots arose when McKenzie was deemed done for the year, they are now in the need of an inside LB, and in the 3-4 he would likely play inside. I didn't say that it was a done deal that he's visiting New England, I simply said that I read it at some juncture last week. So chill out "bro."

it has actually been reported that he played at around 220 last year eventhough nfl.com and other sites listed him upwords of 240. didnt you read why he was released? part of the reason was he was too small for spags 3-4 defense.

jimbohastle51
05-16-2009, 01:55 AM
Hes not gonna be signed

if he doesnt sign tomorrow i will agree. again i just dont see the bills bringing a starting caliber free agent in once there OTA's and training camp and such starts without there being a injury to a player.

ServoBillieves
05-16-2009, 03:44 AM
Hes not gonna be signed

Nail in the coffin.

Keith Ellison, here we come.