X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelous
    • Feb 2004

ReWatching the draft

I DVR'd the draft on ESPN & NFLN because i was caught up doing familiy stuff all weekend. So lately when i'm up late and fall asleep on ocuch etc, i have been watching the draft on ESPN. & When i play Xbox i have the new smaller TV playing... GREAT/AWESOME because i can Re-watch Bills games without the boredom that tends to prevent me from doing so often. But when i play Madden, or Fallout/COD4 WAW etc it is pretty entertaining..

-Thread purpose-- ESPN Draft Day-2 rewatch- I noticed that many a teams that traded down got really hooked up. And i don't just mean NE Patsies.. But what they did hooked them up with 4 2nd rounders.. Imagine us getting 4 round two picks? Those are the players who fill out a roster with the upside to be a superstar. And they are modestly cheap...
    ----I woulda liked us to trade down with the Byrd pick and score their 2nd round pick & either their 3rd,,,,or their 4th & 5th...
    --I keep thinking about Kyle Williams in the 5th round & that crazy LSU fan who came in here beating us down with how awsome Kyle Williams is/was etc.. Well i've been drinking the Kyle Williams kool-aid ever since...

----There's nothing more rewarding to a die-hard Bills fan watching day-2 of the draft & we have 1 -to- 2 extra picks in each round......What sucks is the flipside.. A diehard Bills fan watching day-2 and we don't have traded our 3rd & 4th to Dallas.. I love the levitre pick 100%, but going till late 4th round to pick again was B-R-U-T-A-L! I like/love Brandon & Levy & esp Donahoe/Modraks drafting, but i want more wheeling & dealing....What say you about more maneuvering on draft day to get us 10+ picks???

---ALso---OT--living in CT now i must say how amazed i am at how many CT rookies are on NFL teams now... Aside from those drafted, the whole rest of the team went UDFA....Man, CT is on the map! ----OT----
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor
  • dplus47
    • Sep 2005

Re: ReWatching the draft

Originally posted by Marvelous

----There's nothing more rewarding to a die-hard Bills fan watching day-2 of the draft & we have 1 -to- 2 extra picks in each round......What sucks is the flipside.. A diehard Bills fan watching day-2 and we don't have traded our 3rd & 4th to Dallas.. I love the levitre pick 100%, but going till late 4th round to pick again was B-R-U-T-A-L! I like/love Brandon & Levy & esp Donahoe/Modraks drafting, but i want more wheeling & dealing....What say you about more maneuvering on draft day to get us 10+ picks???
    -
    it's easy for NE to do because they don't really need the draft picks to make their team. it's tougher for a team like buffalo because they have holes that they need to fill in some way, and the draft is a huge part of their strategy for getting better. therefore, IMO, they can't risk wheeling and dealing as much, because they probably have more specific targets on their board that they can't risk losing.

i thought the bills did pretty well on draft day, but i do understand how hard it is to wait without a 3rd & early 4th.

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dplus47
      it's easy for NE to do because they don't really need the draft picks to make their team. it's tougher for a team like buffalo because they have holes that they need to fill in some way, and the draft is a huge part of their strategy for getting better. therefore, IMO, they can't risk wheeling and dealing as much, because they probably have more specific targets on their board that they can't risk losing.

i thought the bills did pretty well on draft day, but i do understand how hard it is to wait without a 3rd & early 4th.
      I pretty much agree. The kind of maneuvering a team does often depends in part on how important it is for draft players to contribute immediately. Buffalo had some holes to fill with players who stand a good chance of starting, and they did that pretty well with Wood, Levitre, Byrd, and Nelson. I don't stick Maybin in that category because Schobel and Kelsay are likely to be starters on day one and Maybin is going to be a situational pass rusher. Nelson may not start either, but he stands at least a chance. Nic Harris is not a probable starter by any means, but he's a long shot to start if the Bills don't sign Tinoisamoa.

New England, in contrast, may only get one starter out of their draftees this season. They drafted depth and future starters because they don't have an accute need to draft starters. On the other side of the coin, the Jets traded away most of their draft lusting after an elite QB who may not end up being elite. If they guess right, Sanchez can be their franchise QB for the next 10 years, but wouldn't it be sweet if they guessed wrong! For them, the draft was a high stakes gamble.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

You're still watching the draft?

Comment

• Marvelous
          • Feb 2004

yeah buddy, i rewatched er the other night back -to- back nights prior to bed...I rewatched the combine also..Prior to bed as well.. Trying to see our draftess perform. I admit it's like finding a needle in haystack outside of the top picks though...
          GO BILLS!!! NE
          Magical Trevor

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
            • Sep 2003

New England* tends to build through free agency and trades. That's what they use their extra draft picks for. The Bills have to build though the draft because a lot of players won't come here through free agency. Apples and orangutangs.

PTR
            10 Commandments of the D
            1. Never stop Rocking.
            2. Legalize all drugs.
            3. Quit your day job.
            4. All Religion should be taxed.
            5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
            6. F**k her gently.
            7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
            8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
            9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
            10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

Working...
            X