PDA

View Full Version : Whitner expecting charges to be dropped

The Spaz
05-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Donte Whitner has a court date in Cleveland tomorrow where he’s expecting to be exonerated of the charges he faces in connection with an altercation at the House of Blues in Cleveland.

“I actually have a court date tomorrow and hopefully everything gets dropped tomorrow,” said Whitner Monday after Buffalo’s first OTA practice. “That’s what my lawyer is telling me. As far as my side of the story I can assure everyone that basically I didn’t do anything wrong.

“If anybody knows me and knows the type of guy I am and know what I stand for, and actually we have a videotape from the whole incident. It was sent to my lawyer last week so hopefully we’ll get it all taken care of tomorrow.”

Whitner was charged with aggravated disorderly conduct and resisting arrest, but apparently the videotape Whitner speaks of will clear him of any wrongdoing. Whitner has said all along that the truth will come out and it appears now that it will.

“I think I’ll wait for it to be settled in court before I tell my side of the story. We expect it to be dropped and hopefully tomorrow.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/05/18/whitner-expecting-charges-to-be-dropped/

yordad
05-18-2009, 01:07 PM
It will be on youtube in a week.

Saratoga Slim
05-18-2009, 01:37 PM
Good news if it's true.

OpIv37
05-18-2009, 01:38 PM
I hope he doesn't get charged, because if he's not charged, he won't get suspended. As mediocre as he is, he's still the best S on this team.

I still think he's a moron for getting involved, though.

Dr. Pepper
05-18-2009, 01:40 PM
don't worry im sure he'll post the video on facebook in a couple days, with the caption "SICK! look how well i handled that taser gun!" i really hope he doesnt get suspended though, we'll need him against new england in week one.

trapezeus
05-18-2009, 01:44 PM
be aware, he also said last year we'd be in the playoffs. i would continue to devalue any and all comments by Whitner until they can be backed up with the facts.

OpIv37
05-18-2009, 01:46 PM
be aware, he also said last year we'd be in the playoffs. i would continue to devalue any and all comments by Whitner until they can be backed up with the facts.

excellent point.

OpIv37
05-19-2009, 10:43 AM
so what happened with this? Where's Sparky's big vindication?

psubills62
05-19-2009, 10:46 AM

Well, considering that comment was a prediction of a future event, not a statement made about something that already happened, it's not the same thing at all.

If I had said last year before the season started "the Patriots are guaranteed to make the playoffs," then would you be inclined to not believe anything else I said after that?

OpIv37
05-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Well, considering that comment was a prediction of a future event, not a statement made about something that already happened, it's not the same thing at all.

If I had said last year before the season started "the Patriots are guaranteed to make the playoffs," then would you be inclined to not believe anything else I said after that?

No, but it wouldn't be very bright to make that statement without a caveat about injuries. Few if any NFL teams could make the playoffs with their star QB injured. It was an extenuating circumstance.

psubills62
05-19-2009, 10:55 AM
No, but it wouldn't be very bright to make that statement without a caveat about injuries. Few if any NFL teams could make the playoffs with their star QB injured. It was an extenuating circumstance.

That's my point about the future event vs. past event. No one knows what's going to happen. How many games do you think we would have won if Edwards hadn't been injured the Arizona game? I think that concussion affected his performance in many of the rest of the games. So no one can say "even if Edwards hadn't been injured, we wouldn't have made the playoffs." If the cards had fallen right, Whitner could have been right. They didn't.

Just because Whitner makes a guarantee about a future event that, while risky and a bit questionable, doesn't mean you can't believe something he says about what already happened.

I don't necessarily believe what he's saying about the trial, I just think that the fact that he made the guarantee is a stupid reason not to believe him now.

Mr. Pink
05-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Of course he expects charges to be dropped.

He's an athlete with money...

He figures his fame and some dollars will sweep it under the rug.

Meanwhile an everyday citizen wouldn't beat the charges.