PDA

View Full Version : Yobouty is still injured.

HHURRICANE
05-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Looks like Yobouty is going to get cut. The guy is still injured and Corner is taking most of the snaps in his place.

I really doubt he makes the roster if he doesn't heal up soon.

THATHURMANATOR
05-18-2009, 03:37 PM
More info please.

Yasgur's Farm
05-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Still recovering from plantar fasciitis... injury that sidelined him last season.

[/URL]With [URL="http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/ashton-youboty/5f1c6905-36b7-47d7-b4b0-809e335ac27a/"]Ashton Youbotyhttp://www.buffalobills.com/assets/img/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/ashton-youboty/5f1c6905-36b7-47d7-b4b0-809e335ac27a/) still sidelined coming off plantar fasciitis from last season and veteran signee Drayton Florencehttp://www.buffalobills.com/assets/img/icon-article-link.gif (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/drayton-florence/a6e9d266-a5b0-4a79-8cc5-56170d0de88f/) not fully up to speed on the defensive system, Corner has a real big opportunity to further improve the initial impression he made on the coaching staff. http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/organized-team-activity-day-1/c100fd45-bcfb-4042-af68-2618682270ef

casdhf
05-18-2009, 03:49 PM
He won't get cut, he'll be PUP'd

homeslice5484
05-18-2009, 03:51 PM
if he gets cut i bet miami or patriots pick him up....you dont cut him unless he will never be healthy. We need experience at CB...McGee and Florence have the most.

The King
05-18-2009, 03:53 PM
too much talent to cut

venis2k1
05-18-2009, 03:55 PM
the 2006 draft strikes again.

Donte Whitner(1st)
John McCargo(1st)
Ashton Youboty(3rd)
Ko Simpson(4th)

Maybe Firing Donahoe wasn't such a good idea.

TigerJ
05-18-2009, 04:12 PM
I've dealt with plantar fasciitis on a couple occasions, one time with each foot. It can be a very stubborn health issue. I assume the team trainers and medical staff know what they're doing.

The first time I had it, I didn't really know how to treat it. It took two years to heal up on it's own without medical treatment. The second time, it took about 3 months with stretching exercises and ibuprofin. I took the ibuprofin not for its pain relieving capabilities, but the fact that it has anti-inflamatory properties, and plantar fasciitis is an inflamation. I could see a severe case of it taking 8 or 9 months to heal up. I'd be surprised if he wasn't ready to go in the regular season though.

mayotm
05-18-2009, 04:37 PM
Looks like Yobouty is going to get cut. The guy is still injured and Corner is taking most of the snaps in his place.

I really doubt he makes the roster if he doesn't heal up soon.Another brilliant post. He doesn't participate in the first OTA in May, so he's going to get cut. Makes perfect sense.

Dr. Pepper
05-18-2009, 04:40 PM
I've dealt with plantar fasciitis on a couple occasions, one time with each foot. It can be a very stubborn health issue. I assume the team trainers and medical staff know what they're doing.

The first time I had it, I didn't really know how to treat it. It took two years to heal up on it's own without medical treatment. The second time, it took about 3 months with stretching exercises and ibuprofin. I took the ibuprofin not for its pain relieving capabilities, but the fact that it has anti-inflamatory properties, and plantar fasciitis is an inflamation. I could see a severe case of it taking 8 or 9 months to heal up. I'd be surprised if he wasn't ready to go in the regular season though.

maybe you can shed some light on the condition if youve had it. i know its a painful inflamation, but can you cause more damage by putting pressure on it/ running? can youboty play through the pain without risk of further damage?

Ed
05-18-2009, 06:01 PM
That's really too bad that he's still hurt. He definitely turned a corner last year and was a beast for us before he got hurt. I hope he heals. We could use him.

Ginger Vitis
05-18-2009, 06:21 PM
HH isn't that far of the mark on this one.. Youboty has barely played his 3 years here.. it's quite conceivable he could get cut..

FlyingDutchman
05-18-2009, 06:22 PM
um.....its May....

mayotm
05-18-2009, 06:46 PM
HH isn't that far of the mark on this one.. Youboty has barely played his 3 years here.. it's quite conceivable he could get cut..If he's not healthy, he could. However, it's not going to be because he missed a friggin' OTA session in May.

TrEd FTW
05-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Youboty was outstanding last season before getting hurt. Way to jump to dumb conclusions in the middle of May, though. Thumbs up.

TigerJ
05-18-2009, 08:17 PM
maybe you can shed some light on the condition if youve had it. i know its a painful inflamation, but can you cause more damage by putting pressure on it/ running? can youboty play through the pain without risk of further damage?

The plantar fascia is a band of connective tissue that stretches from the heel to the front of the foot. It can become inflamed where it is attached to the heel. It is often misnamed "heel spurs." Sometimes there are real bone spurs on the heel, but more often it is simple inflamation of the fascia. It is normally triggered by trauma. The first time I got it was probably caused by stomping on cans to flatten them for recycling.

You can walk on it without further damage, but I think if you continue to irritate it, it just won't heel up. Running hard and planting your foot hard would certainly be enough irritation to prevent it from healing.

Treatment of most cases consists of taking "NSAIDs" (non-steroidal anti-inflamatory drugs) like ibuprofen. I took 600-800 milligrams 4 times a day of ibuprofen for a full month. There are a number of exercises you can do yourself to stretch the fascia, which has something to do with allowing it to heal and also preventing future injury. One is to roll a tennis ball around under the arch of your foot for a few minutes several times a day. Another one is to stand facing a wall at arms length. Stretch out your arms, and then keeping your feet flat on the floor lean forward until you can touch your forehead on the wall and hold for a count of ten. You should feel your calf muscles stretching. If you don't feel the strain, step back a few inches and do it again.

I don't know if there are more sophisticated methods available to trainers an team medical personnel to accelerate healing.

OpIv37
05-18-2009, 08:30 PM
HH isn't that far of the mark on this one.. Youboty has barely played his 3 years here.. it's quite conceivable he could get cut..

Per the CBA, injured players can't be cut. They have to go on PUP or IR.

However, if the Bills want to cut him, they could come to an injury settlement with him like they did with Crowell last year.

I'm not overly concerned though. I like the promise Youboty showed last year when he was healthy, but we have McKee and McKelvin plus Corner and Florence. This team is pretty deep at CB.

OpIv37
05-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Of course, this does make the FO look that much dumber for not keeping Greer. It's not like they didn't know this could be a problem....

HHURRICANE
05-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Per the CBA, injured players can't be cut. They have to go on PUP or IR.

However, if the Bills want to cut him, they could come to an injury settlement with him like they did with Crowell last year.

I'm not overly concerned though. I like the promise Youboty showed last year when he was healthy, but we have McKee and McKelvin plus Corner and Florence. This team is pretty deep at CB.

I realize that he can't get cut do to injury. However, even if he heels up before the seasn starts at some point the coaching staff is going to throw in the towel.

I loved the way Yobouty played last year in limited action but not one season of contribution is just plain getting old.

HHURRICANE
05-18-2009, 08:42 PM
Youboty was outstanding last season before getting hurt. Way to jump to dumb conclusions in the middle of May, though. Thumbs up.

He was good last year before HE GOT HURT. You realize the guy hasn't played a full season?

If he's still nursing himself into August there won't be a roster spot available for him.

At some point the coaching staff has to put the players on the field that can physically play.

A dumb conclusion that the guy can't stay healthy?

WeAreArthurMoates
05-18-2009, 08:45 PM

No he's actually right, Youboty been good when's he's on the field but that's been far and few in between. Corner has the makings of a good and he could really turn heads, plus they have Florence. I love Youboty but he better watch it.

OpIv37
05-18-2009, 08:46 PM
I realize that he can't get cut do to injury. However, even if he heels up before the seasn starts at some point the coaching staff is going to throw in the towel.

I loved the way Yobouty played last year in limited action but not one season of contribution is just plain getting old.

yeah it's the old Tim Conolly conundrum.... you have a good player but he rarely contributes due to injury. What's less of a risk? Letting him go and possibly perform well with a rival team, or keeping him and possibly paying him to sit in the press box? There's really no good answer to that problem.

FlyingDutchman
05-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Looks like Yobouty is going to get cut...

FlyingDutchman
05-18-2009, 08:49 PM
I realize that he can't get cut...

FlyingDutchman
05-18-2009, 08:52 PM
:yap:

psubills62
05-18-2009, 08:56 PM

He'll get cut? Please. I believe the official depth chart you so religiously referred to in a previous thread had him listed as the RCB starter. Doesn't sound like he's in danger of being cut to me.

HHURRICANE
05-18-2009, 08:57 PM
::

Douchman, you realize that you just took a page out of Justa's book. I'm saying by the time he get's healthy it might be too late for him.

I never said he would get cut due to injury but that the lingering injury might make it too hard for him to stay on the roster.

casdhf
05-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Did you ever play corner? You have a great back peddle!

streetkings01
05-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Of course, this does make the FO look that much dumber for not keeping Greer. It's not like they didn't know this could be a problem....What does Greer have to do with Youboty? The Bills offered Greer a contract and he refused it.......we did draft Mckelvin last year and drafted 2 CBs this year.....we'll be okay. The Bills have always been able to replace their CBs.

HHURRICANE
05-18-2009, 09:07 PM
Did you ever play corner? You have a great back peddle!

Although I enjoyed your witty retort....

Read my original thread...again:

I implied that he needed to get healthy sooner than later, that's all.

FlyingDutchman
05-18-2009, 09:09 PM
I never said he would get cut due to injury

FlyingDutchman
05-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Looks like Yobouty is going to get cut. The guy is still injured

FlyingDutchman
05-18-2009, 09:14 PM
and once again HH, should we take a vote of king douche of the web site? do i even need to post options of posters to have a hands down winner?

HHURRICANE
05-18-2009, 09:14 PM
Out of context again.

I can play this game with your own threads but I have a life. Please put me on ignore because it's embarrassing that you keep stalking me like Justa.

FlyingDutchman
05-18-2009, 09:21 PM
I have a life.

:roflmao:

HHURRICANE
05-18-2009, 09:26 PM
Dude, it's a message board. I feel sorry for you. Please stop stalking me. There are other sites for that kind of thing.

FlyingDutchman
05-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Dude, it's a message board. I feel sorry for you. Please stop stalking me. There are other sites for that kind of thing.

:teary:

OpIv37
05-18-2009, 09:36 PM
What does Greer have to do with Youboty? The Bills offered Greer a contract and he refused it.......we did draft Mckelvin last year and drafted 2 CBs this year.....we'll be okay. The Bills have always been able to replace their CBs.

I'm not counting on much from the two rookies this year (Byrd's a S anyway).

Greer signed with NO for just over $5 mil a season- that's peanuts for a starting CB. The Bills lowballed him. They should have kept him and ditched Youboty.

justasportsfan
05-18-2009, 09:37 PM
OMG!! YOuboty is still injured. Another negative on the bills team aside from our OL depth being "super thin". This team is just going downhill as the days go by. That means HH will stop being a bills fan again.

Just leave already !

Lexwhat
05-19-2009, 12:03 AM
Greer signed with NO for just over $5 mil a season- that's peanuts for a starting CB. The Bills lowballed him. They should have kept him and ditched Youboty.
This is what kills me. They keep asses like Kelsey, but they didn't pay Greer. Greer was very solid and should've been re-signed. He's also about 2 years younger than McGee (and has a lot less milage on him).

We helped Greer grow from an undrafted free agent, only to see him leave; we didn't even get anything in return!!

If that doesn't make sense to people, we instead chose to sign Drayton Florence to a deal worth $3.3 million a year.

Here's another bright idea: Let's draft another CB next year with a Day 1 pick.

casdhf
05-19-2009, 07:11 AM
Greer probably wasn't offered starter money because he wasn't going to start. He is just as good, if not better, than the 2 Mac's, but I don't see Greer getting ahead of either one.

I would have rather Kept Greer and let McGee walk next season. Regardless, Yobouty will be in the mix if he's healthy.

acehole
05-19-2009, 07:29 AM
Funny ...I didnt see the part where he was or will be cut.

You are like the lil ODD boy who cried wolf...

Night Train
05-19-2009, 07:33 AM
I had plantar fasciitis and that hurt like hell for months.

It felt like someone just drove a nail into the arch of your foot. :down:

Dr. Lecter
06-09-2009, 08:28 AM
He is back practicing, btw.

HHURRICANE
06-09-2009, 08:30 AM
He is back practicing, btw.

Good. Wasn't that the point?

Goobylal
06-09-2009, 09:32 AM
Good. Wasn't that the point?
Who's point? Certainly not yours. You were trying to Chicken Little about him not being healthy anytime soon.

Yasgur's Farm
06-09-2009, 11:16 AM
Who's point? Certainly not yours. You were trying to Chicken Little about him not being healthy anytine soon.YUP! :blahblah: