PDA

View Full Version : A new energy post-Peters?

The Spaz
05-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Trent Edwards said he was “anxious” to get started, Terrell Owens used the word “pumped” for the season. And Kawika Mitchell sees a more talented and deeper defensive unit. But what Edwards said Monday makes you wonder if this team feels like a weight has been lifted since the departure of last year’s holdout Jason Peters.

“Everything’s going great, I’m excited,” said Edwards. ”I’m just anxious, I can’t wait for the football season to get here and I’m happy for the way things are going and the guys and the turnout that we have here. We have everyone showing up and working and that’s really what we need.”

Edwards’ last comment said the most. The only no shows that weren’t restricted by a league rule (Jairus Byrd, Danny Urrego) from the Bills roster for the first voluntary workout Monday were Dominic Rhodes and Corey McIntyre.

Not having a major cog on your offense or defense holding out does a lot to remove distraction. There just seemed to be a breath of fresh air about this team when they showed up for OTAs Monday.

Did Edwards have Jason Peters in mind when he made that comment? Probably not, but it doesn’t change the fact that the team was held hostage by Peters last offseason, and it affected the team, and not positively, when he wasn’t the same player on the field in 2008.

If things went down the same path again this offseason, it would’ve been worse.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/05/18/a-new-energy-post-peters/

Lexwhat
05-18-2009, 07:26 PM
:rolleyes:

What a bunch of BS. After all that Jason Peters "drama" (or lack thereof), the Bills started the season 5-1.

Our season tanked after Edwards had that concussion. Meanwhile, Jauron is too damn stupid to coach this team properly.

STFU CHRIS BROWN!!!!

Pinkerton Security
05-18-2009, 08:09 PM
can Chris Brown be nominated for Pulitzer prize please? The guy is astonishing...

OpIv37
05-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Trent's going to be really anxious after he sees what the Patriots' DL and blitz schemes are going to do to that patchwork OL we're throwing together.

HHURRICANE
05-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Trent's going to be really anxious after he sees what the Patriots' OL and blitz schemes are going to do to that patchwork OL we're throwing together.

The same fans that were calling Peters a fat slob and not worth the money will be the same ones *****ing about Walker getting blown off the ball.

I know he was good against the 3-13 Seahawks so he'll be fine.

People probably don't realize that Peters and Edwards are friends. Ask Edwards over a beer if he would still like Peters on the roster.

DynaPaul
05-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Dude... all the players say the same thing before the start of every season. Nothing to see here folks, nothing to see.