X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

"Where they’re lining up"

This article has been linked, but it talks about so much, there are like 10 stories there. So...
    Right away it was apparent just how much faith the coaching staff has in rookie offensive linemen Eric Wood and Andy Levitre. Both players were quickly inserted at right and left guard just a few reps into team work.
    With new candidates at right guard moving out to right tackle was Brad Butler, who is getting re-accustomed to the position he manned for his entire college career at the University of Virginia.
    Flipping over to the left side was Langston Walker. The eight-year veteran has spent more than a season of his career on the left side before and played parts of two games there last year.
    LINK

It has kind of been the word on the street, but so far so far Walker-Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Butler are getting the most snaps. The article didn't mention, but I guess it is obvious Hangartner is the center. Butler didn't sound too confident to me in his quote,
    It’s going to take some time to get readjusted,” said Butler. “I’m fortunate that I have someone like Chris Kelsay across from me who is going to work hard in practice and help me out.
    Kelsey got a "sack" too.

Oh well, first day right. If this line puts it together and the training wheels come off, this offense could be scary good. One thing at a time, right?

Does everyone think it will work, or does anyone think there is a better way to do it?
    Last edited by yordad; 05-18-2009, 09:42 PM.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Re: "Where they’re lining up"

Oh boy, he's going to learn from the talentless Kelsay...yeah!

Comment

• Bruce is Loose
      • Jul 2002

Quote:
      It’s going to take some time to get readjusted,” said Butler. “I’m fortunate that I have someone like Chris Kelsay across from me who is going to work hard in practice and help me out.

Its like its from the onion - LOL

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

I can hear Kelsey now. "Look Brad, when the ball gets hiked, just duck your head and come at me nice and slow. Oh yeah, by the way buddy, what is the snap count?"
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• jamesiscool
          suck it fool.
          • Feb 2007

If Gandy can anchor the the cardinals left side and take em to the super bowl, I have complete faith in Walker stepping in and performing admirably. We were undefeated with Walker starting at LT last season, our offense moved the ball fine without Peters, we'll be fine. But all this is speculation until we see some live action on the field. I will reserve judgement until then, I advise everyone to do the same.

Butler on the other hand does scare me.
          Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• raphael120
            Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
            • Oct 2005

well kelsay got his first and only sack of the season. looks like he blew his load early

Comment

• Lexwhat
              • Feb 2005

I think it's time to make it my signature:

Brad Butler is not a legitimate starter!!

Langston Walker is not capable of playing an entire regular season or postseason at Left Tackle!!

Comment

• Lexwhat
                • Feb 2005

Done.

Comment

• acehole
                  • Jan 2006

Good news is RT is easy and cheaper to find...we will sign one off a practic squad or FA if need be.

Originally posted by yordad
                  This article has been linked, but it talks about so much, there are like 10 stories there. So... LINK

It has kind of been the word on the street, but so far so far Walker-Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Butler are getting the most snaps. The article didn't mention, but I guess it is obvious Hangartner is the center. Butler didn't sound too confident to me in his quote,
                  Kelsey got a "sack" too.

Oh well, first day right. If this line puts it together and the training wheels come off, this offense could be scary good. One thing at a time, right?

Does everyone think it will work, or does anyone think there is a better way to do it?
                  Hated by the stupid..
                  Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

These guys aren't even working in pads. It's all about getting the playbook down and timing.

How anyone looks now makes no impression on me whatsoever.

This is strictly classroom work. Real camp starts in July.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jamesiscool
                      If Gandy can anchor the the cardinals left side and take em to the super bowl, I have complete faith in Walker stepping in and performing admirably. We were undefeated with Walker starting at LT last season, our offense moved the ball fine without Peters, we'll be fine. But all this is speculation until we see some live action on the field. I will reserve judgement until then, I advise everyone to do the same.

Butler on the other hand does scare me.
                      First, bad example cuz Gandy choked big time in the SB.

Second, Walker's not the problem. It's the two rookie guards.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                        Brad Butler is not a legitimate starter!!
                        You may be right, but no one can know that with certainty. Butler is a natural tackle who played very well at RT for Virginia. His height makes him better suited for tackle than guard, so he has basically played out of position for the Bills.

I say we give him some time before we throw him under the bus.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• acehole
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                          You may be right, but no one can know that with certainty. Butler is a natural tackle who played very well at RT for Virginia. His height makes him better suited for tackle than guard, so he has basically played out of position for the Bills.

I say we give him some time before we throw him under the bus.
                          He is tech sound.I hope he pumped the hgh is all...mauler he is not.
                          Hated by the stupid..
                          Loved by their moms.

Comment

• yordad
                            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Night Train
                            These guys aren't even working in pads. It's all about getting the playbook down and timing.

How anyone looks now makes no impression on me whatsoever.

This is strictly classroom work. Real camp starts in July.
                            I agree. I just wanted to point out "Where they’re lining up", and that Brad didn't sound confident.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

I like that Kelsays job is on the line. I hope it brings out the best in him .

One things for sure. There will be lots of rotation on the DL all season long.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X