PDA

View Full Version : Is Pisa signed

lmcshadow
05-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Ben away for a while but is Pisa sgned or not?

THATHURMANATOR
05-19-2009, 12:44 PM
no

bigbub2352
05-19-2009, 12:51 PM
nope he is gone i think he was asking to much money

SeatownBillsFan21
05-19-2009, 12:57 PM
As expected he wants too much loot. let him make his round and maybe he'll be back.

yordad
05-19-2009, 01:00 PM
According to my inside source, he is going to sign elsewhere for less money, a shorter contract, and no guarented starting job.

tatersalad
05-19-2009, 01:02 PM
According to my inside source, he is going to sign elsewhere for less money, a shorter contract, and no guarented starting job.

Lmao

DBrown77
05-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Ben away for a while but is Pisa sgned or not? who is Ben?

jimbohastle51
05-19-2009, 02:00 PM
i have no link to back up my post and i apologize for making the thread sunday, but i was informed that he had agreed in principle to a contract with the bills, apparently the bills submitted a 3 year contract proposal. according to the same person, he has about 3, 1 year offers on the table but non are for a significant amount of money. money is not the biggest factor for him aparently his biggest and number 1 priority is too try to play out close to where he is from (which is san diego) but he hasnt recieved any offer remotely close to the west close. from what i understand brandon wasnt at his visit because of a previous scheduled meeting with the players association so our "sales pitch man" wasnt there. the two sides really liked each other and a contract was offered. what i was told is he was going to sign sunday, aparently he didnt, i again apologize for reporting he did in fact sign and that will NEVER happen again. i was trying to get info to you guys first, that mistake will not happen twice. since i have been told the bills offer is still the lengthiest and he is contemplating signing with the pats for one season to backup/split time with brushci next to mayo and the other other team he was pondering was the colts because they are a closer flight to the west coast. i was also told that in my friends opinion he will sign with the bills in the end but he decided to weight his options. take this as what you want. i am just trying to apologize for my thread as well as let you guys know what i have heard.

Bruce is Loose
05-19-2009, 02:08 PM
i have no link to back up my post and i apologize for making the thread sunday, but i was informed that he had agreed in principle to a contract with the bills, apparently the bills submitted a 3 year contract proposal. according to the same person, he has about 3, 1 year offers on the table but non are for a significant amount of money. money is not the biggest factor for him aparently his biggest and number 1 priority is too try to play out close to where he is from (which is san diego) but he hasnt recieved any offer remotely close to the west close. from what i understand brandon wasnt at his visit because of a previous scheduled meeting with the players association so our "sales pitch man" wasnt there. the two sides really liked each other and a contract was offered. what i was told is he was going to sign sunday, aparently he didnt, i again apologize for reporting he did in fact sign and that will NEVER happen again. i was trying to get info to you guys first, that mistake will not happen twice. since i have been told the bills offer is still the lengthiest and he is contemplating signing with the pats for one season to backup/split time with brushci next to mayo and the other other team he was pondering was the colts because they are a closer flight to the west coast. i was also told that in my friends opinion he will sign with the bills in the end but he decided to weight his options. take this as what you want. i am just trying to apologize for my thread as well as let you guys know what i have heard.

Dont apologize - the reason we read these boards is to get information before it comes out... this comes with some degree of risk as to its validity despite how secure or legit the sources might be.

In fact, if you have anything else let me know as I would love to still have hope that we will sign this guy :)

TheMan08
05-19-2009, 02:18 PM
IN NIC WE TRUST

jimbohastle51
05-19-2009, 02:18 PM
from what i have been told the bills have made the best offer as far as money is concered (my friends exact words were "our offer wasnt the amount he wanted but it was a fair offer over 3 seasons and his agent was in negotiations so they wouldnt have offered it if his agent said that it would be unacceptable). unfortunately my friend also relied to me that they would not improve the offer. i think in the end he is going to sign with the bills. he knows in NE from what i understand that he would be a backup to brushci or at best spell him on passing downs because of his quickness but he would not be able to get enough playing time to get another multi year contract the following season. also he is holding out a bit to see if a west coast team offers anything. i wouldnt believe the report from the saints beat writter. first if you are going to be a starter you would want to be paid like a starter. the bills knew what he was being paid before he got cut and wouldnt have flown him up just to lowball him, they knew around what he would want (no yes, they probably offered the low end of what he would find acceptable), second money isnt the only issue with him or the biggest issue. he is a family guy (why do you think the bills liked him so much in his visit CHARACTER :), location matters just as much as money, but as i said i think if he enjoyed his visit as it was reported and told to me by a friend then after he sees there is nothing else out there close to home he will sign with the team that has a home atmosphere. remember alot of the players that play a decent amount of time with us, stay here because of school systems and community. to a character player that matters alot!

Jeff1220
05-19-2009, 03:00 PM
The thing is, if he prefers the west coast that much and can't get close, he might prefer a one year deal and hope to sign out west next year.

X-Era
05-19-2009, 03:09 PM
from what i have been told the bills have made the best offer as far as money is concered (my friends exact words were "our offer wasnt the amount he wanted but it was a fair offer over 3 seasons and his agent was in negotiations so they wouldnt have offered it if his agent said that it would be unacceptable). unfortunately my friend also relied to me that they would not improve the offer. i think in the end he is going to sign with the bills. he knows in NE from what i understand that he would be a backup to brushci or at best spell him on passing downs because of his quickness but he would not be able to get enough playing time to get another multi year contract the following season. also he is holding out a bit to see if a west coast team offers anything. i wouldnt believe the report from the saints beat writter. first if you are going to be a starter you would want to be paid like a starter. the bills knew what he was being paid before he got cut and wouldnt have flown him up just to lowball him, they knew around what he would want (no yes, they probably offered the low end of what he would find acceptable), second money isnt the only issue with him or the biggest issue. he is a family guy (why do you think the bills liked him so much in his visit CHARACTER :), location matters just as much as money, but as i said i think if he enjoyed his visit as it was reported and told to me by a friend then after he sees there is nothing else out there close to home he will sign with the team that has a home atmosphere. remember alot of the players that play a decent amount of time with us, stay here because of school systems and community. to a character player that matters alot!

All of this stuff from you is unacceptable.

How dare you, come here, on a free message board, and give us more information than we could get from paid websites.

The audacity. So you thought you would just come here and try to give information to Bills fans since you have people close to the business?

Absolutely unacceptable.

:up:

WeAreArthurMoates
05-19-2009, 03:29 PM
<!-- / message -->

Thanks for the info my man, I still have some hope now.

The Spaz
05-19-2009, 03:35 PM
No offense bro but you also said your friend said the deal was done and was waiting for channel 7 to get a link up.

jimbohastle51
05-19-2009, 04:00 PM
No offense bro but you also said your friend said the deal was done and was waiting for channel 7 to get a link up.

no, i said my friend who i went to college with works for channel 7 news and i was waiting for him to let me know when a link would be available, but yes, i did say the deal was done, as he thought as well. he is not a investigative reporter but he sees info hours before we see it and he told me that a deal was being signed, i havnt posted on here till today because i wasnt going to say anything else till i had either conformation or a fair and honest reason for my posting. and i gave that. after again talking to my friend he privileged me to the above information i have posted. again in my opinion i think it is pretty obvious by him not taking another visit since thursday when he went to buffalo and there being zero reported information (other than what i have been fortunate to hear) that he has been to buffalo, recieved a deal from us and is waiting to see if he can get a deal out west. in my opinion he is probably wanting to get closer to home and will accept our deal if one doesnt come his way. i really dont see him signing in NE eventhough they offered him a deal. i mean seriously, why would you sign a 1 year deal to backup/spit time with a guy and at best out of every 4 downs you may play 1 or 2? you will go from at least having 1 team be interested in offering you a multi year deal worth a few MILLION dollars to vet free agent minimum and basically playing one year here and one year there for the rest of your career. unfortunatley production is everything in this game, and if his drops under 100 tackles a year and no big plays his money or oporunities will be all but gone. i think it gets done with buffalo. also for those of you that are interested in the whole wendell bryant thing i am really trying hard and have been for the past week to find anything out about him and the bills. i do not have any major source or anything i definitely want to make that clear as i do not want to be looked at as one of those posters that spreads rumors, but i do have a couple buddies who i just happened to get lucky we enjoyed getting drunk together in college :) and our relationship has continued and they are in good spots, one works for a local news station and the other works for the bills, no he is not like brandons right hand man or any fasinating thing like that, but he does get wind of things and lets me know what is going on usually when thing are about to happen. from now on when or if he priviledges me to any information i will glady share it, as i havnt in the past. thanks guys for accepting my appology i do not want to be looked at like one of those kids that just spreads rumors, the reason this board is unique and as great as it is, is because it is informative with intellegent posters and journalists.

Mudflap1
05-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Thanks for shedding some light on 1) the information you get, and why; and 2) the perspective on the leaning tower of Pisa.

Sounds pretty clear that he is out getting his offers, he liked Buffalo, probably came close to signing, but is seeing what else is out there (West Coast offer?) and then he will make up his mind. He doesn't fit a lot of defensive schemes, so his choices aren't going to be numerous. He's an undersized linebacker. However, that's fine for us, as the Bills are one of the few that run a system he's used to.

Jon

Dying_-2-_Live
05-19-2009, 04:52 PM
one can only hope he is signed.... but I dont see it happening

jimbohastle51
05-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Thanks for shedding some light on 1) the information you get, and why; and 2) the perspective on the leaning tower of Pisa.

Sounds pretty clear that he is out getting his offers, he liked Buffalo, probably came close to signing, but is seeing what else is out there (West Coast offer?) and then he will make up his mind. He doesn't fit a lot of defensive schemes, so his choices aren't going to be numerous. He's an undersized linebacker. However, that's fine for us, as the Bills are one of the few that run a system he's used to.

Jon

no problem man. and actually it makes sense. if you were from california and had a chance to play close to home would you take the offer accross country or would you at least wait a bit and see if someone from the west coast bites? i honestly think he will sign will the bills simply because no west coast team runs a defense he would be able to start it and the length of contract. 3 years in buffalo with a fair market contract or 1 year somewhere else and having to fight for playing time (not that he wouldnt in buffalo but ellison is going to be alot easier to beat out than most)? not a hard decision from a my point of view but i would see if i could get close to home.

Tatonka
05-19-2009, 06:36 PM
what i dont understand is why he would go to new england?? i mean i have seen nothing about new england wanting to sign him or come in for a visit.. but also the pats run a defense that is pretty damn similar to the one that he just got cut from in st. louis.. they are not even close to a cover 2 d.. which is what he needs to be in.

the pats are a 3-4 and he would have no shot at playing middle linebacker in that D..

jimbohastle51
05-19-2009, 06:38 PM
what i dont understand is why he would go to new england?? i mean i have seen nothing about new england wanting to sign him or come in for a visit.. but also the pats run a defense that is pretty damn similar to the one that he just got cut from in st. louis.. they are not even close to a cover 2 d.. which is what he needs to be in.

the pats are a 3-4 and he would have no shot at playing middle linebacker in that D..

i agree. like i said the best case scenario in NE wouldnt be starting, it would be spelling slow brushci on passing downs. and that would be best case. i think after he realizes he cant get a contract on the west coast he will sign with buffalo.

jimbohastle51
05-19-2009, 07:59 PM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/05/strong-side_competition_pisa_t.html

Goobylal
05-19-2009, 08:05 PM
That's it, I'm off the Tinoisamoa bandwagon. Crying about wanting to be closer to home, when he won't be able to go there anytime during the season except for the bye week, is really off-putting. And then actually considering a 1-year (likely lowball) deal from the Cheatriots to be a backup to Bruschi, instead of telling them where to put their offer? Time for the Bills to tell him "spit or get off the pot," and give him a deadline to sign. He should have signed this past weekend and been at OTA's. Ugh.

Goobylal
05-19-2009, 08:08 PM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/05/strong-side_competition_pisa_t.html
He'll be a Bear. Closer to home, defense fits, and the Bears have more cap room and the will to use it.

Tatonka
05-19-2009, 08:41 PM
why do people keep talking about the pats.. where have the pats shown any interest at all at any point?

circlethewagons
05-19-2009, 08:49 PM
why do people keep talking about the pats.. where have the pats shown any interest at all at any point?

He certainly doesn't seem like a great Fit in a 3-4 given his size as in ILB. There was probly a rumor at some point involving the Pats, but i doubt he goes there even though they could use some depth there, especially with an aging Bruschi.

jimbohastle51
05-19-2009, 09:16 PM
Now it is being reported he has a visit scheduled in chicago wednsday. It is closer to the west coast but I still think he would pick the bills over the bears. They really like nick roach and have hunterhillenmyer on the roste as well as having a ton of money already committed to there lb corps. It will be slot easier to unseat Ellison a guy the coaching staff knows needs replacing than roach a guy there coaching staff really likes and had a nice year. I still think buffalo can get him

Goobylal
05-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Now it is being reported he has a visit scheduled in chicago wednsday. It is closer to the west coast but I still think he would pick the bills over the bears. They really like nick roach and have hunterhillenmyer on the roste as well as having a ton of money already committed to there lb corps. It will be slot easier to unseat Ellison a guy the coaching staff knows needs replacing than roach a guy there coaching staff really likes and had a nice year. I still think buffalo can get him
I wouldn't exactly say that Roach had a nice year. And I was stunned to find that the Bears were 21st in yards allowed and 16th in points allowed. That's pretty poor for a defense that was the best just a couple years ago.

jimbohastle51
05-19-2009, 09:21 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-8-73/Tinoisamoa-still-considering-Bills.html

jimbohastle51
05-19-2009, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't exactly say that Roach had a nice year. And I was stunned to find that the Bears were 21st in yards allowed and 16th in points allowed. That's pretty poor for a defense that was the best just a couple years ago.

look at the cap numbers for briggs and urlacher though. no way they will offer pisa what the bills did. it doesnt matter how much cap room the bears have because they dont spend money on free agents they extend there own and that is it. the ONLY reason orlando pace was signed is because they had to have an imediate upgrade at LT to protect cutler, also if the bears are going to spend 3 million a year it will be on a receiver. the bills are his favorite. i know that too be true. even tim graham is reporting that the bills are still in the running. he wouldnt just report that if he didnt have a source that told him we have a good shot at him. my guy told me that pisa was "amazed" buy our city and team. keep in mind he is a smart, high character person football aside, and yes we have had a couple brushes with the law but all of our LBs and matt sheldon our LB coach are very bright individuals, i am sure we can get him. i am standing by my post though that the bills have made an offer and will not improve it for him. that i am sure and there was no mistaking my source on that. i was told it was a 3 year deal. the bears DO like roach and it is even reported that he would be brought in just to compete for the starting job with roach (who the staff does really like) and hillenmyer who the team also feels is servicable as they have kept him around for years. with buffalo he walks in and is the starter day one and will be paid as such (weather they say it would be a competition or not we all know they wouldnt bring him in to back ellison up).

madness
05-20-2009, 09:49 AM
Bills and Eagles best fits for Tinoisamoa (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/05/20/bills-and-eagles-best-fits-for-tinoisamoa/)

By Chris Brown - Posted May 20th, 2009
Pisa Tinoisamoa isn’t ready to make a decision on where he’s going to play in 2009 just yet with visits scheduled for Philly and Chicago (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-8-73/Tinoisamoa-still-considering-Bills.html) next week, but it shouldn’t take him long to see Buffalo and Philly as his two best options.
The reason why is both the Bills and Philly are in a better position to offer a long term deal to the LB than Chicago. The Bears have a lot of money tied up in their linebacking corps, so they’re not likely to offer anything substantial.
Buffalo and Philly are also the two best opportunities for him to start. The Eagles are suddenly young at the LB position, or at least younger than they’ve been in recent years, which is why they’ve expressed an interest in Tinoisamoa, a proven player.
The Bills however, look to be the best fit. He’d be playing in a similar system to the one he played in St. Louis where he has already shown he can be productive and he’d have a great opportunity to challenge for a starting role.
The Eagles however, are in a ‘go-for-it’ year with respect to the Super Bowl and sometimes that’s the tipping point for players especially ones that are still looking for work this late in the offseason who are unlikely to sign for big money.

jimbohastle51
05-20-2009, 10:09 AM
i think he'll pick buffalo. chris brown all but confirmed that the bills offered him a multi year deal like i reported. and the eagles do not have buffalo type cap room after signing peters to an extension and having to extend mcnabb at some point. also they do have a nice LB core and actually pisa would be a bit small for there defense. not too mention i find it hard to believe that buffalo who just traded peters to philly for peanuts and really looked bad to the league for letting him go for so little will let pisa pick philly over them. i really feel like he will be a bill, i am going to try to get ahold of my friend and see if he knows any more. i doubt he will but i will try. it sounds as if buffalo made a nice play for him while he was here and he was close to signing (thus my friends report to me) but decide to weight his options. no way chicago (who will not offer more than buffalo in playing time or cash), or philly (who doesnt even run a cover 2 and wont be able to let him be a every down player) will beat out the bills if they really want him. lets go buffalo!!!

Goobylal
05-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Well, if being closer to home is his main objective, San Diego is a 2-1/2 hour direct flight from Chicago. So he may opt for the proximity and a 1-year cheap deal. Who knows?

jimbohastle51
05-20-2009, 10:22 AM
it will be interesting to see, i just think buffalo will be far too appealing to him because it will be the best pay with the easiest chance to start. it is the only place he will be named the number 1 starter from day one. they may announce to the press that it is a competition but pisa's salary will tell the truth as he will get around 3 million a year.

jimbohastle51
05-20-2009, 10:30 AM
-- Bears to Host Pisa Tinoisamoa --
Tue May 19, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com
#
The Chicago Sun-Times reports the Bears will host former Rams OLB Pisa Tinoisamoa on Wednesday. While linebacker does not look like a need area, the veteran began his successful career in St. Louis playing for HC Lovie Smith and linebackers coach Bob Babich. Tinoisamoa was released by the Rams on May 8 despite leading the team in tackles for four of his six seasons, including last year when he had a team-high 135 playing on the weak side. He wasn't deemed to be a fit for new coach Steve Spagnuolo's scheme and St. Louis tried unsuccessfully to trade him. Tinoisamoa played weak-side linebacker the last few seasons for the Rams but broke into the league as a second-round pick from Hawaii playing on the strong side for Smith. He became the only rookie in franchise history to lead the team in tackles that season. He was moved to the strong side the next season after Smith departed for the Bears, but returned to play the strong side again in 2005. One reason cited for his departure in St. Louis was his size. Listed at 6-1, 240 pounds, reports stated he played closer to 225 pounds last season. Smith generally looks for undersized linebackers in his scheme, and the addition of Tinoisamoa would create even more competition at strong-side linebacker where OLB Nick Roach is expected to battle OLB Hunter Hillenmeyer for the starting job. Hillenmeyer was the starter for the first seven games before Roach replaced him. Right now, it stands to be one of the few true position battles in training camp. Adding Tinoisamoa would give Smith even more depth at the club's position of strength.

this is from the chicago sun times which is very reliable paper, they also agree that this would be a luxury signing for them. i dont think they will offer anything close to what the bills offer. he only played for lovie for 1 season, he played with fewell for 3 when fewell was the DB coach there so i think we will get him.

TheMan08
05-20-2009, 12:14 PM
If we get him fine... Other wise lets hope Nic Harris or Alvin outplay Ellison.

No biggie. Upgrade. YES. GAMECHANGER. NO. It's not like we're adding BRIGGS. I want him to be added, so we don't rush the rookies.

jimbohastle51
05-20-2009, 12:18 PM
i just dont think we should trust ellson and you cannot count on a couple 5th round picks to start as rookies or pan out into starters for that matter (and yes bowen is a rookie, he only made it a couple weeks into TRAINING CAMP last year, he hasnt even seen a NFL game yet). a 5th round pick is usually drafted for special teams help and as a project to develope hopefully into a starter, not many teams draft a guy mid 5th round and are satisfied with him as a starter as a rookie.

lmcshadow
05-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Good post jimbo thanks for the updates

jimbohastle51
05-23-2009, 03:51 PM
http://clarkjudge.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6384866/15173068

i really think the bills are going to sign him. i think he just is making sure that they are the best offer, which i believe they are. he is going to be a bill i really believe it.