Bills pursued Jason Taylor? PFT mentions us as a landing spot for Vick...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Bills pursued Jason Taylor? PFT mentions us as a landing spot for Vick...

Keep An Eye On Buffalo As A Mike Vick Destination

Posted by Mike Florio on May 19, 2009, 11:34 p.m. EDT
    John Clayton of ESPN.com recently listed four potential landing spots for Falcons quarterback Mike Vick, if he’s reinstated for the 2009 season.
    Clayton’s unconfirmed quartet consists of the Rams, 49ers, Patriots, and Seahawks. (John apparently forgets that Jim Mora’s dad, Jim Mora, once called Vick a “coach killer.” So we’d scratch the Seahawks from the list.)
    But here’s the real team to watch, in our view.
    The Buffalo Bills.
    The Bills want to win. Now. Whether it’s because owner Ralph Wilson is feeling a Leon Hess-style sense of urgency or whether coach Dick Jauron feels a Rich Kotite-style sense of urgency or a combination of both, the Bills are going all in.

They offered receiver Terrell Owens $6.5 million guaranteed at a time when no one else was willing to pay him $6.50.

And a league source tells us that the Bills made a very aggressive play for defensive end Jason Taylor immediately after Taylor was cut in March by the Redskins. In fact, the Bills were the very first team to pursue Taylor.
    As to the potential backlash from signing Vick, consider the fans’ reaction to the arrival of T.O.

He’s already gotten the key to the freaking city.

So if any team can sell this transaction to their fans, it’s the Bills.

The other possibility, in our view, is Cincinnati. But not because the Bengals believe they could surive the local P.R. onslaught. The Bengals would potentially be interested in Vick because they don’t care about the P.R. onslaught.
    John Clayton of ESPN.com recently listed four potential landing spots for Falcons quarterback Mike Vick, if he's reinstated for the 2009 season.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills pursued Jason Taylor? PFT mentions us as a landing spot for Vick...

On the Taylor thing, I'm always glad to hear that this front office is exploring every option to improve this team.

As for the Vick thing, I personally would have no problem give a guy a second chance as a back up. This front offices "upgrade" at #2 QB is prolly gonna cost us the playoffs this year. Trent is injury prone, 6 straight years missing time to injury. thats no fluke. I'm not saying Vick is the answer, i just dont think Fitz is.

Comment

• B-DON
      hi
      • Mar 2004

i would absolutely love vick here, we have crap at back up qb

Comment

• jimbohastle51
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Feb 2005

if fitz is called on for more than 1-2 games this season our season is over. the guy had chad johnson AND housh last year and was horrible. and the second half of the year cedric benson had over 4 yards a carry with housh and chad and he still couldnt get it going. he is not a good QB but a great practice guy and clipboard holder. there will be no miss spellings with his harvard butt on the sideline with a sharpie.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Feb 2005

i also have to say that this was a weak free agent QB class. what was the top tier of the backups available (as pathetic as it was) were out of the bills price range. it is sad we didnt look at a trent green or ferotte wouldnt accept another backup role (the way i understand it he was either going to start for the vikes or retire). trent green is no starter but i would be comfortable with him for a game or 2. he has had his bell rung too many times to be counted on for more than a couple games.
          Last edited by jimbohastle51; 05-20-2009, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• Mudflap1
            Next Question!
            • Nov 2004

What good is Vick going to do in Buffalo? I don't think it makes any sense at all. He doesn't fit in with the city. But more than that, how does he fit into a K-Gun, no-huddle type offense? The guy is not a good passer, and I certainly wouldn't trust him to run a no-huddle offense.

Comment

• TheMan08
              Knocks only the living.
              • Oct 2008

We could use Vick in Wild cat formations.

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
                • Mar 2004

So let me get this right we gave TO a 1 yr deal taking a small chance and in doing that it will open the door for Vick ??

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

vick isnt coming to buffalo, florio must have had nothing to write about and like every other reporter today they are all getting on buffalo for all the T.O. hype and think we are foolish now. if we get just a wildcard game with T.O. on this team, the joke is on them.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Oh God! Not Vick! I don't want that ****ing horrible excuse for a human being anywhere near Buffalo. First of all, he's a piece of **** and tortured dogs and killed them for fun, which makes me physically ill. Secondly...he's not a good QB. I don't care what anyone says. He's more of a RB than a QB and all that time off definitely won't help him.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      Oh God! Not Vick! I don't want that ****ing horrible excuse for a human being anywhere near Buffalo. First of all, he's a piece of **** and tortured dogs and killed them for fun, which makes me physically ill. Secondly...he's not a good QB. I don't care what anyone says. He's more of a RB than a QB and all that time off definitely won't help him.
                      i feel your pain bro! he just wouldnt fit in buffalo. he doesnt have a lunch pal attitude, and the kid wouldnt know how to handle a blue collar city.

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Vick would be awesome here. He could line up at WR, RB, or DB. He would be another option at QB on the roster in a time of desparation. He could run the wildcat. I think our offense would go from potent (if TE performs) to destructive if MV was on this roster.

Comment

• Stewie
                          Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                          • Aug 2002

I like Vick as a wildcat back, that's it
                          Originally posted by Topdog
                          Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                          Originally posted by mercyrule
                          I love Weiner.
                          Originally posted by mercyrule
                          also cheese

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jimbohastle51
                            vick isnt coming to buffalo, florio must have had nothing to write about and like every other reporter today they are all getting on buffalo for all the T.O. hype and think we are foolish now. if we get just a wildcard game with T.O. on this team, the joke is on them.
                            No way it happens... of course I said that with TO too. But, I really really cant see this one (hopefully the use of two reallys means I'm serious this time).

Do we really want a guy who's been away from football for years to come back and first start to play again for us? Especially when he wasn't that great a thrower to start with (accuracy wise and as far as decision making goes)?

Comment

• jamze132
                              • Jun 2003

Vick would definitely bring more press to Buffalo. Not that TO doesn't bring enough, but imagine if two the biggest superstars to play in the NFL were on our team. Could it help the Bills stay in Buffalo?

Comment

Working...
                              X