• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Kelsay in town since mid-march working on pass rush moves

Obviously fans distaste for Kelsay has not gone unnoticed by him, and he has dedicated himself to being in Buffalo trying to get better.

He makes a few comments about new line coach Bob Sanders and how he feels he is different then Krumrie and Kollar. If what Sanders is doing for Kelsay is "NEW" to him then Krumrie and Kollar sucked bad, because what Sanders is doing (going by the quote) seems like coaching 101 to me.

None the less only Kelsay can shed his own demons, so lets all hope the lights come on. If Kelsay shows good improvement, then I have to think it will be safe ot say the whole Dl will be improved simply because of a coaching technique/upgrade

Kelsay has been at the Bills' practice facility since mid-March working hard with new defensive line coach Bob Sanders in an effort to improve his pass rush technique. He believes the new coach will have a positive impact on his production.
    "I've been taught some stuff by coach Sanders that seems like common sense in terms of rushing the passer, but it's stuff I've never been taught," he said. "I'm not taking anything away from Tim (Krumrie) or Bill (Kollar) who were great coaches, but coach Sanders tells me, he shows me on the field and then backs it up on the film by showing me guys who look and play similar to me.
    "It's something I can buy into because I see it working for other guys who are similar to me — same body build, same type of mentality — and it works for them.''
    So Kelsay believes he's going to be in Buffalo for all of the OTAs — even the ones after June 1 — and when the regular season begins, he also believes he's going to be a player the Bills can count on to make big plays.
    "This time of year, it's easy to talk about stuff, but you have to show it on the field," he said. "There's a lot of work to be done and we're just beginning, but I'm excited about progressing in that direction.
    Last edited by ddaryl; 05-20-2009, 09:40 AM.

• psubills62
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2008

Re: Kelsay in town since mid-march working on pass rush moves

I saw this over at bb.com, here's the link to the full article: http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20090520/SPORTS03/905200343/1007/SPORTS/Buffalo+Bills++Kelsay+working+hard+to+improve+his+game Here's a quote from the article that I thought were interesting: Kelsay has been at the Bills' practice facility since

Haha beat you by a single minute!
    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

my post is better pfffft !!!

Comment

• psubills62
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by ddaryl
        my post is better pfffft !!!
        Haha yeah I think I got it up faster because I wrote less
        "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
        - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

"My heart and soul is with the Bills and they've treated me well. Until I hear otherwise, I'll just put my faith to work and come to work with my hard hat because that's really all I can do."
          other than sacks, he has been solid, but as a DE, sacks and pressure is what we really need from him. I would love to see him turn it around and maybe the new coach can help with that. Who knows.

I know that as far as players representing the team well, Kelsay has always been a good soldier in every respect, so I will pull for him.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Thurmal
            • Oct 2005

It's good news that it only took him seven years to realize that he might need work in this area.
            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
              other than sacks, he has been solid, but as a DE, sacks and pressure is what we really need from him. I would love to see him turn it around and maybe the new coach can help with that. Who knows.

I know that as far as players representing the team well, Kelsay has always been a good soldier in every respect, so I will pull for him.
              I did not like his cheerleader act for Jauron last year and didn't like him pretty much stating the fans didn't know what they were talking about when criticizing Dickey. I've never been a huge fan of his, but that really made me see how average this guy is. Of course he wants Jauron back, Jauron doesn't hold anybody accountable for poor play and Kelsay is the poster child for poor play.
              Last edited by Nighthawk; 05-20-2009, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• billsfanone
                Majored in Home Economics
                • Sep 2008

Schobel should be there too.

Comment

• jimbohastle51
                  All-Pro Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

guy will always be average at best. a decent DE against the run but he will never be a dominant pass rusher, he doesnt have the tools. hopefully this is his last season in buffalo (unless we finally rid ourselves of this second round bust in training camp).

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                    Pinkerton's son
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by psubills62
                    Haha yeah I think I got it up faster because I wrote less
                    i think you got it up faster because you used Levitre BOOOYYAAHH

hahah man, its too easy

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

he has the tools.. i disagree with that.. i dont think that you can say that kampman is a faster, bigger, or stronger..

kampman is just a better player.

is it likely that he turns into kampman? no. not at all.

but doesn't hurt to hope.

i dont have a problem with him sticking up for his coach. a lot of players did. i never saw anything about him saying the fans dont know what they are talking about though. i would rather see that before i comment on it.

if he has under 5 sacks this year.. you can bet he is gone though. maybin will take over.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DrGraves
                        • Mar 2008

eh. too little to late. we still hate you chris.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

Kelsay has always had a good attitude, and he's been a hard worker. He just hasn't had the production, which of course is the most important thing. Sanders is a different type of coach than Krumrie or Kollar. I think both of them were big rah rah guys who screamed a lot. Sanders seems to be a teacher first and foremost. Kelsay has always had the work ethic and attitude, so maybe he just needs the teaching. Of course, if he lacks the necessary talent, maybe he'll never be good enough regardless of what he learns. We'll see this season.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                            • Sep 2003

How much of this is a result of us drafting a DE?
                            "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
                              How much of this is a result of us drafting a DE?
                              Seven years on the team.

First time he's done this.

I'm sure none of you need me to spell it out for you.

To be fair, he was there a month or so before the draft. But it's no big secret that the Bills were looking to go DE early.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X