PDA

View Full Version : Peter King fans the fire...

Mudflap1
05-20-2009, 03:42 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/05/20/vick/index.html

I don't get it at all. But some people seem to think it's a possible move.

BillsWin
05-20-2009, 03:52 PM
Im not even going to click the link. is it about Vick? If so, I am not interested one bit.

billsfanone
05-20-2009, 03:53 PM
Git er done Ralph!

BillsWin
05-20-2009, 03:57 PM
At the station today we had a caller call in and ask where Vick was going, and then mentioned the Bills and the host just went off. He said how it is all fine and dandy for a coach to talk about giving second chances, but no good owner would look to take a hit and make a move for Vick. It is a train wreck of media scrutiny that is sure to follow a stupid decision like that. I was very proud of him for saying that. He even went on to say, "even Al Davis isn't that dumb."

Mr. Pink
05-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Bring him in!

gil
05-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Seriously, signing TO is one thing - but let's be clear, TO may be a lot of things, but he has as far as I know never been in trouble with the law.

Comparing the two guys is actually pretty unfair to TO - and I don't even like TO.

THATHURMANATOR
05-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Bring him IN!!!

Mudflap1
05-20-2009, 04:06 PM
We don't need him. We have the Palestinian Pistol...

Michael82
05-20-2009, 04:08 PM
I will say it until I'm blue in the face. I don't want that POS anywhere near Buffalo! No ****ing way!!!

TheMan08
05-20-2009, 04:12 PM
If Vick led us to playoffs. U'd be all over him. Flip-flop. All of you guys would.

TigerJ
05-20-2009, 04:17 PM
I'm not interested, but if the Bills do it, oh well. We'll just have to see how it works out.

Thurmal
05-20-2009, 04:39 PM
It would be fun to see PETA protesting outside RWS before a game. I'm sure things would go well between them and thousands of drunken Bills fans.

BillsWin
05-20-2009, 04:45 PM
If Vick led us to playoffs. U'd be all over him. Flip-flop. All of you guys would.

nope. I would feel dirty all over watching that playoff game, and sick to my stomach.

Mr. Pink
05-20-2009, 04:47 PM
nope. I would feel dirty all over watching that playoff game, and sick to my stomach.

But you'd feel alright about Marshawn leading us there?

He only hit someone with his car and fled the scene.

Let's just get rid of every law breaker in the league!

So we can feel "good" about being in the playoffs.

Mad Bomber
05-20-2009, 04:47 PM
No thanks.

ServoBillieves
05-20-2009, 05:43 PM
We don't need him. We have the Palestinian Pistol...

The Chroise!

And all I have to say is how many times would AFC East teams play "Who Let the Dogs Out" if we brought him in.

T.O. is one thing, Vick is just... no.

DrGraves
05-20-2009, 05:46 PM
I will say it until I'm blue in the face. I don't want that POS anywhere near Buffalo! No ****ing way!!!

Why are you against having elite athletes and probowlers on this team? Talent and Skill wins championships, not moral values. Besides, I'd say at least 50% of NFL players have done stupider things than Vick has.

Yasgur's Farm
05-20-2009, 05:49 PM

He only hit someone with his car and fled the scene.But did he jump out of the car and attach battery cables to her nipples? I think not.

Don't Panic
05-20-2009, 05:59 PM
I have no desire to ever see him in a Bills uni, but I do think if he plays his cards right, truly repents, goes out of his way to become a lover of dogs and other animals and use his celebrity to shine light on the cause, that he should be given the opportunity to play again and be forgiven for his past. No action is beyond forgiveness if the proper steps are taken.

B-DON
05-20-2009, 06:01 PM
But did he jump out of the car and attach battery cables to her nipples? I think not.

Was vick convicted of kiling dogs or humans? thats what i thought. just cuz america treats dogs like first class citizens doesnt mean the guy should be shun forever. get over it already.

JJamezz
05-20-2009, 06:22 PM
Intentionally maiming, torturing and murdering innocent animals puts you a little higher on my s**t list than accidentally bumping into some drunk broad who was dancing around in the middle of the street like a moron (during a torrential downpour).. but that's just me.

Yasgur's Farm
05-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Was vick convicted of kiling dogs or humans? thats what i thought. just cuz america treats dogs like first class citizens doesnt mean the guy should be shun forever. get over it already.Humor is fun... Try it!

Yasgur's Farm
05-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Was vick convicted of kiling dogs or humans? thats what i thought. just cuz america treats dogs like first class citizens doesnt mean the guy should be shun forever. get over it already.Also might be the reason why he only spent 18 months in prison... Unless you think that should be sufficient punishment for homocide. :giggity:

Crisis
05-20-2009, 06:28 PM
putting vick's legal issues aside, i don't want him. he wasn't that good of a quarterback. i'm sure being out of the league for a couple years has helped that...

Yasgur's Farm
05-20-2009, 06:31 PM
putting vick's legal issues aside, i don't want him. he wasn't that good of a quarterback. i'm sure being out of the league for a couple years has helped that...To keep the record straight... To date, he's missed 1 season.

Philagape
05-20-2009, 06:41 PM
He's missed two ... 07 and 08

Yasgur's Farm
05-20-2009, 07:13 PM
My mistake.

Devin
05-20-2009, 07:50 PM
No thanks, that piece of trash can play elsewhere.

Devin
05-20-2009, 07:51 PM
Intentionally maiming, torturing and murdering innocent animals puts you a little higher on my s**t list than accidentally bumping into some drunk broad who was dancing around in the middle of the street like a moron (during a torrential downpour).. but that's just me.

HEY! you keep facts out this argument damn it.

Even though he sucked before going to jail, he will magically take us to the playoffs.

BillsWin
05-20-2009, 08:16 PM

He only hit someone with his car and fled the scene.

Let's just get rid of every law breaker in the league!

So we can feel "good" about being in the playoffs.

So now I am saying that hit an runs are alright, just because I don't want Vick on this team?

Look Marshawn was wrong in running, and even more wrong in not going to the police and seeing if the girl was alright. As I heard she got a bruise. Marshawn isn't an ex-con. he wasnt killing living beings for fun, (so what if they were just dogs.)

Vick is a THUG. who associates with other thugs and shows no remorse for his wrong doings.

If Marshawn does something stupid again with the law, Id be calling for his head like anyone else.

PromoTheRobot
05-20-2009, 09:25 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/05/20/vick/index.html

I don't get it at all. But some people seem to think it's a possible move.

King is throwing darts in this column. No effin' way he goes to Buffalo, New England or New Orleans. Oakland maybe, just because Al Davs is nuts. Actually San Fran makes some sense. They got nothing at QB right now.

PTR

B-DON
05-20-2009, 09:30 PM

Bumping? he hit a lady in the lady in the street and drove off. not a dog or some other animal (yes people, believe it or not dogs are animals not humans) and like i said, if we didnt treat dogs like they are humans then we would never be in this conversation. so jamal lewis sells coke, ray lewis is connected with murders, and the list goes on. like i said before, get over it. if you didnt want him cuz his skills i understand, but cuz he made a mistake you want nothing to do with him.

alohabillsfan
05-21-2009, 05:43 AM
personally, i think the best fit for Vick would be Cleveland... you know, dog pound and all..

ChristopherWalken
05-21-2009, 07:42 AM
I haved mixed feelings on this.

1) He's young, he was stupid and deserved his punishment...but he's served his time. Do we really need to punish this guy for the rest of his life?

2) He's talented, still young, and pretty fresh. He has a hell of an arm and the legs to boot, but lacks some other tangibles that make him a liability at QB at times. I'd prefer to assess him as a gifted runner with a strong arm.

3) I really don't give a rats ass about the media any more as this league has more camera whores then you can shake a stick at. I don't think his presents would ultimately affect the team.

4)What kind of football shape is he in? He's been away from the game awhile and I'm not sure his mind or body has the strength to hit pro level football in just 3 short months.

TedMock
05-21-2009, 07:44 AM
It would be fun to see PETA protesting outside RWS before a game. I'm sure things would go well between them and thousands of drunken Bills fans.

That would be entertaining. I've been to several stadiums and few tailgate the way Buffalo does. I keep picturing PETA protesting next to the fat drunk guy eating as much red meat and venison (that he himself killed) off the grill as humanly possible.

Mahdi
05-21-2009, 07:48 AM
Do it.

justasportsfan
05-21-2009, 08:42 AM
Why are you against having elite athletes and probowlers on this team? .
He's elite?

Pinkerton Security
05-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Why are you against having elite athletes and probowlers on this team? Talent and Skill wins championships, not moral values. Besides, I'd say at least 50% of NFL players have done stupider things than Vick has.

if he was an RB, sure, he is elite.

as a QB, not so much. He will never lead ANY team to the promised land while only completing 50 % of his passes and having a 75 qb rating. He is an amazing athlete who can change the game, but i personally prefer more traditional QB's

HHURRICANE
05-21-2009, 09:03 AM
I haven't wasted my time reading the post here or on the other threads regarding Vick in Buffalo.

There is a better chance of the world getting destroyed by a meteor than Vick coming to Buffalo.

Throne Logic
05-21-2009, 09:27 AM

Well, if they bring the topless protest squad . . .

LtFinFan66
05-21-2009, 09:30 AM
At the station today we had a caller call in and ask where Vick was going, and then mentioned the Bills and the host just went off. He said how it is all fine and dandy for a coach to talk about giving second chances, but no good owner would look to take a hit and make a move for Vick. It is a train wreck of media scrutiny that is sure to follow a stupid decision like that. I was very proud of him for saying that. He even went on to say, "even Al Davis isn't that dumb."he lost all credibility when he said "even Al Davis isn't that dumb"

trapezeus
05-21-2009, 11:24 AM
biggest issue with vick has nothing to do with the moral issue. you can't give up NFL training for 2 years, be above 30, have had injuries in the past, be a primarily running QB with little accuracy to start with, and be a domed QB and expect any team to look at you seriously.

This year woudl be a wash for him to get back to NFL level of play. That makes him almost 32 and trying to comeback.

TacklingDummy
05-21-2009, 11:27 AM
Michael Dwayne Vick (born June 26, 1980)

He's 28.

Mahdi
05-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Michael Dwayne Vick (born June 26, 1980)

He's 28.
Stop with the facts already. Comebacks are impossible.

Mudflap1
05-21-2009, 12:57 PM
biggest issue with vick has nothing to do with the moral issue. you can't give up NFL training for 2 years, be above 30, have had injuries in the past, be a primarily running QB with little accuracy to start with, and be a domed QB and expect any team to look at you seriously.

This year woudl be a wash for him to get back to NFL level of play. That makes him almost 32 and trying to comeback.

This is where I'm coming from also. Let's get past the criminal issue. He may have remorse, he may not. Everyone agrees it was wrong and stupid. That's not really the point.

The point is, he's been out of football for two years sitting around not playing pro sports. Before that, he was a gifted running QB with a strong arm, but couldn't read defenses and couldn't pass with any accuracy. Any good defense (Philly comes to mind) would shut him down when it counted.

Add in the fact that the Bills are looking to run a spread offense, potentially no-huddle that requires quick decisions on the fly and a lot of audibles... I just think it's a complete non-fit.

And I think the Wildcat is a gimmick. The Bills ran it badly last year when they tried it. Most teams did. Only a couple ran it well.

Pinkerton Security
05-21-2009, 02:29 PM
This is where I'm coming from also. Let's get past the criminal issue. He may have remorse, he may not. Everyone agrees it was wrong and stupid. That's not really the point.

The point is, he's been out of football for two years sitting around not playing pro sports. Before that, he was a gifted running QB with a strong arm, but couldn't read defenses and couldn't pass with any accuracy. Any good defense (Philly comes to mind) would shut him down when it counted.

Add in the fact that the Bills are looking to run a spread offense, potentially no-huddle that requires quick decisions on the fly and a lot of audibles... I just think it's a complete non-fit.

And I think the Wildcat is a gimmick. The Bills ran it badly last year when they tried it. Most teams did. Only a couple ran it well.

but hes such an awesome athlete! he's a baller, son! money!!

you're exactly right: with our WRs and RBs the QB's job is going to be to get them the damn ball, not run for your life and sprint all over the field.

Mahdi
05-21-2009, 02:30 PM
but hes such an awesome athlete! he's a baller, son! money!!

you're exactly right: with our WRs and RBs the QB's job is going to be to get them the damn ball, not run for your life and sprint all over the field.
Sprinting all over the field sounds good to me.

Mr. Pink
05-21-2009, 02:32 PM
He could decide one game to not throw a pass, run for 300 yards...if that helps win the game...i don't care.

OpIv37
05-21-2009, 02:33 PM
I will say this: If, by some miracle/curse, Vick ends up in Buffalo, I'm totally going to buy a Losman jersey on closeout and have it converted to R. Mexico.

Mahdi
05-21-2009, 02:46 PM
I would buy a Vick jersey.

Pinkerton Security
05-21-2009, 03:19 PM
Sprinting all over the field sounds good to me.

you'd rather have an poor passer running all over the field instead of getting the ball to TO, Lee, Marshawn, freddy, Roscoe, Hardy, Nelson, Stevie J, etc..?????

sure Vick is exciting when he runs, but that doesnt make him a good QB.

trapezeus
05-21-2009, 03:58 PM
apologies for saying he was over 30. i thought he was 30 and not 28. either way though, the big thing for me is that he's left the game for 2 years.

i also feel like him playing in the dome for all those years is going to skew his ability if he played in buffalo.

Mahdi
05-21-2009, 05:54 PM
you'd rather have an poor passer running all over the field instead of getting the ball to TO, Lee, Marshawn, freddy, Roscoe, Hardy, Nelson, Stevie J, etc..?????

sure Vick is exciting when he runs, but that doesnt make him a good QB.
Im not saying to make him a full time QB.... Im saying give him the ball 10-15 times a game and let him do his thing....

He has never had a star studed receiving corp to throw to... we could see magic 10 -15 times a game and that magic could contribute to 2 extra wins a year. Well worth it.

No we wouldn't be getting a great QB.... we would be getting a great football player, something this team has few of.

Mudflap1
05-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Im not saying to make him a full time QB.... Im saying give him the ball 10-15 times a game and let him do his thing....

He has never had a star studed receiving corp to throw to... we could see magic 10 -15 times a game and that magic could contribute to 2 extra wins a year. Well worth it.

No we wouldn't be getting a great QB.... we would be getting a great football player, something this team has few of.

Here's where you are wrong: Vick had virtually the same receiving corps as Matt Ryan, and look how much better Matt Ryan -- a rookie -- passed, with, hold on to your hat with this one -- Mike Mularkey -- (gasp!) calling the plays.

Sorry, Ryan showed that a guy that can read a defense halfway decently can pass with the receivers Atlanta had. Vick had receivers, and he had a running game when he was there. Still couldn't get it done (no 3,000+ yard seasons, low completion percentage, low touchdown passes).

Jon

Bert102176
05-22-2009, 05:15 AM
to HELL with that piece of F***ing s**t, and anyone that wants hm here is a horrible human bein for what he did to those dogs we should throw him in a ufc arena and let them guys use him for a practice dummy

Bert102176
05-22-2009, 05:19 AM

and possibly screw up any rithum trent would have, look trent is the reason TO is here Trent is our QB.......live it love it learn it enough with the Vick crap

Mahdi
05-22-2009, 07:45 AM
Here's where you are wrong: Vick had virtually the same receiving corps as Matt Ryan, and look how much better Matt Ryan -- a rookie -- passed, with, hold on to your hat with this one -- Mike Mularkey -- (gasp!) calling the plays.

Sorry, Ryan showed that a guy that can read a defense halfway decently can pass with the receivers Atlanta had. Vick had receivers, and he had a running game when he was there. Still couldn't get it done (no 3,000+ yard seasons, low completion percentage, low touchdown passes).

Jon
What you stated doesn't make me wrong....

Matt Ryan is a completely different player. In getting Vick I wouldn't expect to get Matt Ryan type of passing production. I would expect to add a playmaker to our team who adds a different dimension. Trent can play the role of Matt Ryan (Hopefully).