• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Reasons why Vick will NOT be a Bill

1. He's a vet FA on the wrong side of 30 who will likely command a significant salary. This FO just doesn't deal with FA's like that. They made an exception for Owens. They're not going to do it twice in one off-season.

2. His age and salary and time off make him a significant risk. The Bills' FO tends to be risk-adverse.

3. The Bills have had a lot of off-the-field incidents this off-season, leading to bad publicity. It's extremely bad PR to sign a guy with well-publicized off-the-field issues, and our team is run by a marketing guy.

4. The Bills value smart players. On the rare occasions that they deviate from that philosophy, there are repercussions (Peters, Losman, Lynch).

I really don't care what Pro Football Talk or Peter King say- this ain't happening. It's off season and Vick's a hot topic. They're writing articles for the sake of writing articles.

Now, let's stop talking about this.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • ServoBillieves
    The Voice of Reason
    • Jul 2007

Re: Reasons why Vick will NOT be a Bill

Thank you Op, I'm sick of seeing Vick's name around here.

You forgot #5 by the way, we already have a back up in Ryan Fitzpatrick.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• B-DON
      hi
      • Mar 2004

i dont think vick is going to get the money he thinks he's going to get. therefore i think he comes rather cheap. jmo

Comment

• B-DON
        hi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by HargroveforMVP
        Thank you Op, I'm sick of seeing Vick's name around here.

You forgot #5 by the way, we already have a back up in Ryan Fitzpatrick.
        fitz couldnt back up my inturmural flag football team. the guy is that bad

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
          • Apr 2005

amen

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by B-DON
            i dont think vick is going to get the money he thinks he's going to get. therefore i think he comes rather cheap. jmo
            Oh he's not going to get a huge contract, but he won't exactly be playing for league min. He'll probably only get a 1 or 2 year deal in the 2.5 million range. It's not a huge salary but anything about vet min is too much IMO.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• B-DON
              hi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
              Oh he's not going to get a huge contract, but he won't exactly be playing for league min. He'll probably only get a 1 or 2 year deal in the 2.5 million range. It's not a huge salary but anything about vet min is too much IMO.

we have cap room galore. is the 1 or 2 million coming out of your pocket or something?

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by B-DON
                we have cap room galore. is the 1 or 2 million coming out of your pocket or something?
                That's another thing.... we have cap room every season. We don't use it to sign FA's or extend our own guys. That's not going to change.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• B-DON
                  hi
                  • Mar 2004

That's another thing.... we have cap room every season. We don't use it to sign FA's or extend our own guys. That's not going to change.

ok i can agree with you on that point. i just dont see how he can be any worse than fitz. plus you dont just lose that amount of speed in 2 years. the possiblities with him on the field are endless. and if he sucks, just cut him and roll with the horrible fitz. i dont see how this could hurt us at all. honestly, who gives a flyin f what the media says or if peta shows up. all we have to do is win and it will all go away. the good thing is if we lose with these guys, the scrutiny will be so bad that ralph will have no choice but to face the critics

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

1 will never happen.

No team will give him a huge contract based on his time away from the game.

He'll get a short term contract, incentive heavy, to prove himself.

In fact if Vick or his agent takes any other kind of contract, they're pretty dumb.

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

OBD has signed a lot of free agents and signed plenty of their own guys.

Comment

• acehole
                        • Jan 2006

I cant believed we injected this guy into our lexicon.

1 and only reason he is m vick.

Dead dogs on his property for gods ****.

1. He's a vet FA on the wrong side of 30 who will likely command a significant salary. This FO just doesn't deal with FA's like that. They made an exception for Owens. They're not going to do it twice in one off-season.

2. His age and salary and time off make him a significant risk. The Bills' FO tends to be risk-adverse.

3. The Bills have had a lot of off-the-field incidents this off-season, leading to bad publicity. It's extremely bad PR to sign a guy with well-publicized off-the-field issues, and our team is run by a marketing guy.

4. The Bills value smart players. On the rare occasions that they deviate from that philosophy, there are repercussions (Peters, Losman, Lynch).

I really don't care what Pro Football Talk or Peter King say- this ain't happening. It's off season and Vick's a hot topic. They're writing articles for the sake of writing articles.

Hated by the stupid..
                        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• B-DON
                          hi
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by acehole
                          I cant believed we injected this guy into our lexicon.

1 and only reason he is m vick.

Dead dogs on his property for gods ****.
                          let me guess your a dog owner?

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                            OBD has signed a lot of free agents and signed plenty of their own guys.
                            They've also let a lot of guys walk and passed on a lot of FA's even when they have a lot of cap space.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Prov401
                              President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                              • Aug 2008

The only thing I'll argue is the age deal. Wrong side of 30? He's only 28. Vick is one of the greatest athletes in NFL history, but as for his position, one of the most in-accurate, and indicisive QB in NFL history. Vick will get a shot, but not with the Bills.

Comment

Working...
                              X