X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

McCargo set for fresh start

John McCargo has heard all the labels. Disappointment, injury prone, bust. Those are the terms typically attached to a former first-round pick when he hasn’t provided consistent production or earned a starting role after three years in the league. McCargo however, has washed his first three years in the league away and has rededicated himself to the game in the hopes of being the player he and everyone else in the Bills organization believed he could become.

• Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: McCargo set for fresh start

What a bonus it would be for McCargo to become a strong rotational DT.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

McCargo has the talent to overtake Kyle Williams as a starter. If he can stay healthy and show that he can get into the backfiled as he flashed several times in 07 I dont see why he wouldn't start. KW is not a penetrator and it hurts the defense when we dont get inside pressure.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Isn't this the 3rd year in a row that we've seen an article like thins about McCargo? Seriously, I agree that he showed some promise at the end of 07 but it's always one step forward, two step backwards with this guy.

It's time for some guys on this team to get results or get the hell out of town, starting with McCargo, Simpson and Youboty. Hell, if it wasn't for lack of other options, McCargo and Simpson probably wouldn't even survive training camp.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

we can only hope.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
            Isn't this the 3rd year in a row that we've seen an article like thins about McCargo? Seriously, I agree that he showed some promise at the end of 07 but it's always one step forward, two step backwards with this guy.

It's time for some guys on this team to get results or get the hell out of town, starting with McCargo, Simpson and Youboty. Hell, if it wasn't for lack of other options, McCargo and Simpson probably wouldn't even survive training camp.
            I am with you. LAST CHANCE FAT BOY.

Comment

• billsfanone
              Majored in Home Economics
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37

Amen.

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Well, this is good to hear. Although as Op pointed out, these articles seem to come up every year about one player or another.

I'm definitely rooting for this kid to succeed. It sounds like he likes coach Sanders, and McCargo learning new techniques sure can't hurt him.

Do I see him becoming a great DT this season? No, but I could see him slowly becoming a solid contributor, and possibly a starter. I imagine him ending up with similar stats as Spencer Johnson had last year: 31 tackles, 2 sacks, 3 passes defended, etc. I don't think he'll be all-world by any means, but I see him stepping up just a bit to make us hope he'll be great in 2010.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• M
                  • Aug 2006

Come on Big John!! Time to shake that "bust" label.
                  Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Lets see what Sanders can do for this DL.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

If he can come back strong, our defense could look real nice. But I am not counting on that one.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Feb 2009

If the team starts playing well, it could happen. Success breeds success. I would love to see it, as it would redeem Marv for at least one draft pick he made.

IDK if I see it happening. I hope Stroud kills people this year. And at least that's somewhat realistic to hope for. Hell, if Stroud plays like an animal, whoever else is next to him should benefit.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

That certainly explains why he flunked his physical when the Bills tried to trade him last season. This is the second article where a lineman has mentioned something about Sanders teaching something brand new to a player. you would have thought that every defensive line coach in the NFL would have a pretty good handle on all the techniques that a lineman can use, but apparently that's not the case.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                            • Feb 2005

I'm really liking what I'm hearing about coach Sanders. I can't believe that Kelsay and company haven't been taught better technique to this point in their careers!!!!

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                              • May 2003

How do you make a start from nothing, I think you mean you are ready to start John.

Comment

Working...
                              X