PDA

View Full Version : Owens is a great addition for this team and community.

HHURRICANE
05-21-2009, 08:53 AM
I was at dinner last night with my family and I saw Owens on ESPN (no volume) and it looked like he was doing the local news in Buffalo. I can't find the video but it looked hilarious.

Than this morning I was watching on Bloomberg about the financial impact that LeBron James has brought to Cleveland and it made me realize that the Bills really need to, as I've posted a zillion times, focus on bringing that superstar player into Buffalo.

Owens will be a fan favorite. No doubt. I also think he has a chance to actually find a place that will give him the "love" that he feels he hasn't received in other towns. If the Bills, and Owens, have some luck and play this right this could be a huge win-win for all.

If we have success it also gives a chance to maybe get that next big superstar that pops up out there who hopefully isn't 35 but maybe 25 instead.

justasportsfan
05-21-2009, 08:57 AM
wait til' Owens gets into it with Trent and then HH will flipflop again.

LtFinFan66
05-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Hopefully you aren't comparing the impact of TO to the impact of LeBron

:rofl:

HHURRICANE
05-21-2009, 09:00 AM

Absolutely not!!

HHURRICANE
05-21-2009, 09:01 AM

Imagine the impact that a player like that would have just based on what's gone on with TO.

LtFinFan66
05-21-2009, 09:31 AM
Absolutely not!!thank god....thought you had lost it

Jan Reimers
05-21-2009, 10:06 AM
I agree, HH. TO has absolutely energized the fan base, and put a moribund franchise back in the national spotlight.

And he will no doubt make us better on the field, while creating excitement like we haven't had since the Super Bowl years.

Ebenezer
05-21-2009, 10:30 AM
I like HH's excitement. Whether Owens leads us to a division title or not it is exciting...ride the wave folks...

OpIv37
05-21-2009, 10:37 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again:

If Owens is good, the team will most likely play well and it will be fun to watch.

If Owens/the team are bad, he'll implode and make a scene, and it will be fun to watch (although if this happens I'd rather see it on another team).

Either way, he'll at least make things entertaining.

Ebenezer
05-21-2009, 10:40 AM
I said it before and I'll say it again:

If Owens is good, the team will most likely play well and it will be fun to watch.

If Owens/the team are bad, he'll implode and make a scene, and it will be fun to watch (although if this happens I'd rather see it on another team).

Either way, he'll at least make things entertaining.
Owens is a lot of things...stupid is not among them...he knows he has to "fly right" or this is his last stop...he also knows if he is of good character that this area will give him the thing he craves most....love. If it works out it might be a masterstroke by Brandon.

BillsWin
05-21-2009, 10:51 AM
hes only here for one season though. I think he'll always deep down inside believe that Dallas was his favorite place to play. But, I know that the way Bills fans welcomed him at the air port, and all the positive comments he's been getting from fans ans media are making him a little softer to the idea of playing here. He seems genuinely excited to be a Buffalo Bill. I like that.

Oaf
05-21-2009, 12:27 PM
Owens was just as loved in his other four towns at first. This is no different.

HHURRICANE
05-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Owens was just as loved in his other four towns at first. This is no different.

I agree with you in San Fransisco.

But Philly was a raw deal. If you watched that Superbowl there wasn't a guy that wanted to win more on the field that day. McNabb is a bigger baby than anyone in the league so he just couldn't handle the personality clash.

In Dallas most of the players were upset that he was gone. You had an OC that just didn't see eye to eye with him and they decided to part ways. Pure and simple.

The guy get's alot more abuse than he deserves because he's outspoken. Kind of reminds me of a poster I know.

Dr. Lecter
05-21-2009, 12:49 PM
It is not always being outspoken that is the problem, it is the method one uses to express an opinion. Doing so with respect carries a lot of weight.

There are others glad he is gone from the cities he left. Can we forget him calling Garcia gay? His drug overdose? Doing push-ups for national TV in his driveway? Dancing on the Star? Throwing Garcia and McNabb under the bus?

How has he made any team, save San Fran, better than when was not on the team?

Philly made it to two NFC championship games without him. With him, they lost a Super Bowl (remember he did no play in the NFC championship game). Dallas has won the same number of playoff games in the past ten years as the Bills, including during TOs reign.

I am not opposed to the Bills signing him- he won't make the team worse.

But, at the end of the day how much does he help? How long before his attitude and stunts wears thin?

Oaf
05-21-2009, 12:51 PM
I agree with you in San Fransisco.

But Philly was a raw deal. If you watched that Superbowl there wasn't a guy that wanted to win more on the field that day. McNabb is a bigger baby than anyone in the league so he just couldn't handle the personality clash.

In Dallas most of the players were upset that he was gone. You had an OC that just didn't see eye to eye with him and they decided to part ways. Pure and simple.

The guy get's alot more abuse than he deserves because he's outspoken. Kind of reminds me of a poster I know.

Why don't you change your avatar then?

I don't know much about McNabb but he sure was a media darling with his 15-TD challenge with Reid and the jumpsuit.

I admit I hated this guy almost as much as Tom Brady when he played for Dallas. As long as he keeps his mouth shut act going that's causing the national talking heads' hearts to flutter so, I'm happy.

It is not always being outspoken that is the problem, it is the method one uses to express an opinion. Doing so with respect carries a lot of weight.

There are others glad he is gone from the cities he left. Can we forget him calling Garcia gay? His drug overdose? Doing push-ups for national TV in his driveway? Dancing on the Star? Throwing Garcia and McNabb under the bus?

How has he made any team, save San Fran, better than when was not on the team?

Philly made it to two NFC championship games without him. With him, they lost a Super Bowl (remember he did no play in the NFC championship game). Dallas has won the same number of playoff games in the past ten years as the Bills, including during TOs reign.

I am not opposed to the Bills signing him- he won't make the team worse.

But, at the end of the day how much does he help? How long before his attitude and stunts wears thin?

:clap:

:clap:

SABURZFAN
05-21-2009, 01:04 PM
i would think that the addition of TO helps the CB's become better with their work ethic. practicing against TO has to be a big deal to a lot of those guys.

Mr. Pink
05-21-2009, 01:06 PM
TO's always been a model citizen in the short term with whatever franchise he's with.

We have him one year.

It's perfect.