PDA

View Full Version : Look where Pisa Tinoisamoa is....

Michael82
05-21-2009, 09:25 AM
Someone posted this photo on BuffaloBills.com. Apparently he made a visit yesterday and they gave him Bears stuff already. I wonder if he wore Bills stuff when he was here.... :scratch:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/pisa520.jpg

Bruce is Loose
05-21-2009, 10:02 AM
We knew he was gonna be in Chicago - this cant mean too much as he hasnt signed anything yet. Its just a T-shirt...

WeAreArthurMoates
05-21-2009, 10:04 AM
The bills offer 3 to 3.5 mil a year. The bears only offer 1.5 mil on a one year deal and a chance to compete. Why did Pisa chose the Bears over the Bills "That's easy man, they gave me a T-Shirt"

jimbohastle51
05-21-2009, 10:08 AM
He had bills gear on when he was here. Not a big deal

Jan Reimers
05-21-2009, 10:11 AM
The back of that shirt says: "I went to Chicago, and all I got was this crappy T-shirt"

Canadian'eh!
05-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Hunter Hillenmayer is a solid LB. I'm not sold Pisa can beat him out for a starting spot. Plus I doubt that the Bears will offer more money to him to "compete" for a starting spot, while the Bills see him as a likely starter if not offering a promise to start....

I think this is just about Pisa's agent and himself thinking he's worth mroe than he is, so the Bills will let him see what kind of other offers he gets and then let him see that their offer is better than his other options.

venis2k1
05-21-2009, 11:22 AM
They had to give him a new shirt, Cutler cried all over the old one.

Canadian'eh!
05-21-2009, 11:27 AM
They had to give him a new shirt, Cutler cried all over the old one.

swing and a miss.

Michael82
05-21-2009, 11:39 AM
The back of that shirt says: "I went to Chicago, and all I got was this crappy T-shirt"
:rofl:

Oaf
05-21-2009, 12:28 PM
The bills offer 3 to 3.5 mil a year. The bears only offer 1.5 mil on a one year deal and a chance to compete. Why did Pisa chose the Bears over the Bills "That's easy man, they gave me a T-Shirt"
How do you know all that stuff or was that a joke?

Michael82
05-21-2009, 06:52 PM
:lmao:

WeAreArthurMoates
05-21-2009, 07:47 PM

Cause I'm Russ Brandon, muhahhahahaahaha.

Nah, just making a joke. Just trying to prove that it doesn't matter he's wearing the T-Shirt, how much he's going to get is all that does.

nolimit
05-21-2009, 08:24 PM
They obviously worked him out. They probably just provided him with workout swag.

Griz78
05-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Kinda resembles The Rock

DrGraves
05-21-2009, 09:07 PM
he is a bear.

Mr. Miyagi
05-22-2009, 06:21 AM
Nice t-shirt. I want one.

Ickybaluky
05-22-2009, 07:00 AM
Hunter Hillenmayer is a solid LB.

Hillenmeyer lost his job last year to Nick Roach, as his play declined and the Bears were not happy with him. Roach started from mid-November until the end of the season. Additionally, he had offseason surgery on his hand and for a sports hernia, so his availability for training camp is in question.

The Bears are looking at Pisa as a replacement for Hillenmeyer, who will probably be cut if Pisa is signed (since Hillenmeyer isn't a big ST contributor and Roach remains a cheap 2nd-year player).

I think Pisa is still out there because he wants starter money and hasn't got that kind of offer. Whether anyone offers him that is debatable, given most teams are pretty set at this time of year. Money-wise, I imagine the Bears and Bills are competitive as both are comfortably under the cap. One big plus for the Bears is Lovie Smith, who was the DC for St. Louis during Pisa's first couple years in the NFL, and Bob Babich, who was his LB coach. A big plus for Buffalo is they are looking to play him on the weak side, a more natural fit for the player (Chicago needs to play him on the SS, as Lance Briggs is one of the best WSLB in the NFL). Pisa lack of size would be a problem lining up over the TE, although he did play SSLB for Smith in St. Louis before moving to WS when he left. In terms of money and playing opportunity, both teams are in the same position.

jimbohastle51
05-22-2009, 07:47 AM
Hillenmeyer lost his job last year to Nick Roach, as his play declined and the Bears were not happy with him. Roach started from mid-November until the end of the season. Additionally, he had offseason surgery on his hand and for a sports hernia, so his availability for training camp is in question.

The Bears are looking at Pisa as a replacement for Hillenmeyer, who will probably be cut if Pisa is signed (since Hillenmeyer isn't a big ST contributor and Roach remains a cheap 2nd-year player).

I think Pisa is still out there because he wants starter money and hasn't got that kind of offer. Whether anyone offers him that is debatable, given most teams are pretty set at this time of year. Money-wise, I imagine the Bears and Bills are competitive as both are comfortably under the cap. One big plus for the Bears is Lovie Smith, who was the DC for St. Louis during Pisa's first couple years in the NFL, and Bob Babich, who was his LB coach. A big plus for Buffalo is they are looking to play him on the weak side, a more natural fit for the player (Chicago needs to play him on the SS, as Lance Briggs is one of the best WSLB in the NFL). Pisa lack of size would be a problem lining up over the TE, although he did play SSLB for Smith in St. Louis before moving to WS when he left. In terms of money and playing opportunity, both teams are in the same position.

lovie was only in st. louis for pisa's rookie season. fewell was there for 3 seaons with him.

Ickybaluky
05-22-2009, 07:57 AM
lovie was only in st. louis for pisa's rookie season. fewell was there for 3 seaons with him.

Fewell was the secondary coach in St. Louis, though. Bob Babich was his position coach and Lovie Smith was his coordinator for his rookie year, when he played SSLB and led the Rams in tackles.

Point taken on the single season, I had thought it two. Fewell was secondary coach in St. Louis for 2 years before leaving for Chicago to coach DB's there.

Goobylal
05-22-2009, 08:00 AM
I think it's six of one, half a dozen of another when it comes to which team has the upper hand WRT former coaches. It's going to come down to money, like it almost always does. I think the Bills offered the most and they are a better fit. But while they probably make the most sense, sometimes players don't make sense.

TheMan08
05-22-2009, 08:25 AM
I think it's six of one, half a dozen of another when it comes to which team has the upper hand WRT former coaches. It's going to come down to money, like it almost always does. I think the Bills offered the most and they are a better fit. But while they probably make the most sense, sometimes players don't make sense.

Chicago has better shot at winning division than Buffalo. Maybe winning is a factor.

ALL D
05-22-2009, 05:27 PM

read his jersey carefully...

X-Era
05-22-2009, 06:37 PM
right now, no one is doing anything much for real as far as football goes, so he can sit on his backside and wait.

I just hope he doesnt wait to long and teams go in other directions and leave him out in the cold...

translation:

hurry up and sign with us dammit.

jimbohastle51
05-22-2009, 06:40 PM
i still feel strongly we get it done and sign him. his agent is trying to drum up interest but he only has 2 real options and the bills are his best opportunity for pay, and playing time.