X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Bills wanted Peters saga resolved before OTAs

Dick Jauron left little doubt that he and his staff did not want to go through another offseason of wondering if or when their left tackle was A - going to show up, B – participate or C – participate with effort. Buffalo’s head coach explained this week that latest point in which they wanted the Jason Peters situation resolved was just before OTAs opened this week.

“We all thought it was critically important and in fairness to Jason probably critically important to him to get on with things and move on,” said Jauron. “He kind of showed us what he thought a year ago and it was important for us to have our whole team together for communication reasons and for every reason that you can think of in terms of team building. I’m happy for Jason and I’m happy for us.”

Jauron was very diplomatic with his comment, but nevertheless was clear in stating that they did not want to be holding out hope for a player again that would only disappoint in terms of performance once he arrived. Peters play last season did little to make Buffalo better offensively, and to go down the same road again would have been folly.

• Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Re: Bills wanted Peters saga resolved before OTAs

Bingo. And Jauron is a better man than most. More than a few coaches would have gone off on Peters and what he pulled.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
      Bingo. And Jauron is a better man than most. More than a few coaches would have gone off on Peters and what he pulled.
      yeah, God forbid Jauron actually gets pissed and shows a little passion about something. Someone could anally rape the guy's mother while pouring sugar in his gas tank and he'd just say "Well, that man has some issues and hopefully these actions will help him work through them."
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mudflap1
        Next Question!
        • Nov 2004

Jauron's thing is that he doesn't throw any players under the bus, and I can't fault him for that. He always takes the high road. Everyone knows what Peters is and what he did, we don't need Jauron to mudsling him anymore about it.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mudflap1
          Jauron's thing is that he doesn't throw any players under the bus, and I can't fault him for that. He always takes the high road. Everyone knows what Peters is and what he did, we don't need Jauron to mudsling him anymore about it.
          sometimes players deserve and need to be thrown under the bus. I think knowing he'll cover their asses decreases their motivation.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mudflap1
            Next Question!
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
            sometimes players deserve and need to be thrown under the bus. I think knowing he'll cover their asses decreases their motivation.
            Perhaps, but we don't know how Jauron necessarily handles issues in-house. If he holds people accountable and says, behind closed doors, that shenanigans will not be tolerated and guys that have attitudes will be shipped off (ala Peters), but keeps it out of the media's attention, I'm fine with that.

Comment

• Patti120
              • Aug 2004

yeah, God forbid Jauron actually gets pissed and shows a little passion about something. Someone could anally rape the guy's mother while pouring sugar in his gas tank and he'd just say "Well, that man has some issues and hopefully these actions will help him work through them."
              Now that is really f'ed up but also quite funny in some sick type of way.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                Perhaps, but we don't know how Jauron necessarily handles issues in-house. If he holds people accountable and says, behind closed doors, that shenanigans will not be tolerated and guys that have attitudes will be shipped off (ala Peters), but keeps it out of the media's attention, I'm fine with that.
                but shenanigans are tolerated. Look at the number of guys who haven't performed that still have jobs and don't even really have anyone competing for their spot.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Goobylal
                  • Jan 2004

The problem is that Buffalo isn't the hip place that most pro athletes want to be. Just look at Dockery. He got a ton of money to come to Buffalo, played like crap, got cut, and ended up with more money.

Comment

• zone
                    No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                    • Oct 2003

but shenanigans are tolerated. Look at the number of guys who haven't performed that still have jobs and don't even really have anyone competing for their spot.
                    I think they took a pretty good step in the right direction cleaning house and getting rid of under performers or bringing in competition in the places needed.

The team as a whole preformed poorly at the end of the year and you can't fire everyone or you would say "we are constantly re-building!"

Team chemistry can change with just a few additions and adjustments and they have made changes, now to see if the changes worked.
                    Last edited by zone; 05-21-2009, 08:03 PM.
                    www.blzbus.com

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by zone
                      I think they took a pretty good step in the right direction cleaning house and getting rid of under performers or bringing in competition in the places needed.

The team as a whole preformed poorly at the end of the year and you can't fire everyone or you would say "we are constantly re-building!"

Team chemistry can change with just a few additions and adjustments and they have made changes, now to see if the changes worked.
                      We ARE constantly rebuilding. They tore down the whole OL yet Kelsay, Ellison and the scrubs playing S next to Whitner get to keep their jobs? I just don't understand the decisions this team makes sometimes.

I'd like to think that lack of understanding is due to the fact that the people making the decisions know more about football and the players specifically than I do, but the results on the field certainly don't support that line of thinking.

I actually don't think the Bills are THAT bad at ditching guys who are underperforming. It's the next step- replacing them with people who are better or at least equal but cheaper so they can improve in other areas- where they continuously fail.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• bflobarry
                        • Jan 2004

OP: DO you EVER have anything but vitriol to spew? Really, dude. I know you're a fan like we all are, but the tone of virtually EVERY post from you is harsh and critical. Maybe you don't see it?...

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by bflobarry
                          OP: DO you EVER have anything but vitriol to spew? Really, dude. I know you're a fan like we all are, but the tone of virtually EVERY post from you is harsh and critical. Maybe you don't see it?...
                          I really don't know what else you want me to say.

This franchise has been mediocre at best for a decade now. Jauron has been here for three years and has only managed to continue that trend. There really aren't a whole lot of good things to say.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Goobylal
                            The problem is that Buffalo isn't the hip place that most pro athletes want to be. Just look at Dockery. He got a ton of money to come to Buffalo, played like crap, got cut, and ended up with more money.

i think fans let the city of buffalo's image play more of a part in the equation than it is. there are a bunch of small teams in towns, we'd not want to live in. Kansas city, minneapolis, indy, etc. players go to whatever town wants them.

What keeps players from signing with buffalo is that its run like a circus. there is perhaps the ugliest fall of a season last year at 2-8 over the last 10 games. everyone universally agreed that dick jauron should be gone. It couldn't be more obvious. but they kept him.

and i say they because no one really seems to understand the structure of buffalo's front office. so as a player you're either signing up for a ton of money with the knowledge that it's just chaos. there is no plan in place to succeed. they just start all over every year with the same pieces.

So don't put the city of buffalo's woes on why players don't come here. it's the management of the team that prevents people from coming here.

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus
                              i think fans let the city of buffalo's image play more of a part in the equation than it is. there are a bunch of small teams in towns, we'd not want to live in. Kansas city, minneapolis, indy, etc. players go to whatever town wants them.

What keeps players from signing with buffalo is that its run like a circus. there is perhaps the ugliest fall of a season last year at 2-8 over the last 10 games. everyone universally agreed that dick jauron should be gone. It couldn't be more obvious. but they kept him.

and i say they because no one really seems to understand the structure of buffalo's front office. so as a player you're either signing up for a ton of money with the knowledge that it's just chaos. there is no plan in place to succeed. they just start all over every year with the same pieces.

So don't put the city of buffalo's woes on why players don't come here. it's the management of the team that prevents people from coming here.
                              It's a lot more than just that. For starters, and for example, Florida has no state income tax. That's huge for players. Then there's the weather. And the small town stature. The same thing goes for other smaller cities, and it's not like players are going gaga over signing in KC, Minny, Indy, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X