X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Butler returns to the edge

When the Bills made interior offensive linemen two of their first four draft picks earlier this spring and traded away their starting left tackle, Brad Butler had an inkling he might be on the move as well. Not long after the draft he was told he’d be moving from right guard out to right tackle. Moving outside from the interior is usually harder, but Butler has a benefit that most NFL guards do not have.

Butler has more than 30 collegiate starts at right tackle, so for the fourth-year pro it’s a matter of reactivating the motor memory of playing on the edge. Still having started at guard the past two seasons re-acclimating himself will still take some time.

• TheMan08
    Knocks only the living.
    • Oct 2008

Re: Butler returns to the edge

I still remember how everyone here was bugging out when we drafted Butler. Calling him classless and dirty for that cheap shot on that guys knees in college.

It is all cool now lol

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

i like the move a lot to be honest. butler wasnt ready to start when he came out but had the frame and the experience.. since then he has gotten much stronger and polished. he is a good player and has a huge frame (6'8"). he does have short arms, but he has been playing in the league long enough to have his technique down well, which should offset that.

i like our line a LOT this year.. cant wait to see them play.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Italian Stallion
        Knows More Than You
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
        i like the move a lot to be honest. butler wasnt ready to start when he came out but had the frame and the experience.. since then he has gotten much stronger and polished. he is a good player and has a huge frame (6'8"). he does have short arms, but he has been playing in the league long enough to have his technique down well, which should offset that.

i like our line a LOT this year.. cant wait to see them play.
        Agreed. I have zero problem with Butler at RT...he will handle himself well, considering that's his natural position.
        BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Captain gameboy
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheMan08
          I still remember how everyone here was bugging out when we drafted Butler. Calling him classless and dirty for that cheap shot on that guys knees in college.

It is all cool now lol
          Not everybody.
          I wrote a lengthy post defending the guy on that subject.

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

Good move i thought Butler was out of position from the start
            He will be solid if he didnt have shoulder injury his Sr yr he would have gone higher than the 5th rd for sure
            He plays nasty we need that
            our line has been way to soft
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• madness
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by gameboy
              Not everybody.
              I wrote a lengthy post defending the guy on that subject.
              I remember it like it was yesterday.

I love Brad's attitude. As long as he continues to work hard, I think the move will be a positive one.

Just one example of Butler’s persistent nature in making himself the best he can be came to light during the first week of OTAs. Unhappy with the way he executed a particular pass set during practice, Butler stayed on the field an extra 20 minutes after practice to work on that set until he was satisfied with his performance.
              “I have a lot of improvement to do,” said Butler. “I’ve been on the field working on my sets. These OTAs and minicamp coming up is the time where I’m really trying to get better and pick up the nuances of the position. Hopefully by the time the season starts I’ll be ready to go.”

Comment

Working...
              X