X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mahdi
    • Mar 2004

If Dungy Believes in him, so do I

Former Colts and Bucs coach Tony Dungy offered the clearest statement yet regarding his belief that quarterback Mike Vick should be reinstated to the NFL.

Dungy is well known to the NFL community as a decent and upstanding also God-fearing person, if he stands by Vick, so do I.

IMO it takes a good person to forgive.

Get it done Ralph!
    Last edited by Mahdi; 05-22-2009, 10:46 AM.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: If Dungy Believes in him, so do I

None of that has anything to do with Vick's ability to play football at a high level. The only thing that even touches on Vick's football ability (or lack thereof) is when Dungy said he had "potential."

Well, so what? I can name 30 guys that had potential and never amounted to anything on the field off the top of my head.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Vick sucks as a QB, so, who cares?

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
        None of that has anything to do with Vick's ability to play football at a high level. The only thing that even touches on Vick's football ability (or lack thereof) is when Dungy said he had "potential."

Well, so what? I can name 30 guys that had potential and never amounted to anything on the field off the top of my head.
        Even though this thread has nothing to do with football ability....

The game of football is tackle and avoid being tackled... when it comes to the latter Vick is second only to Barry. So saying he has a lack of football ability is nonsensical.

Comment

• Prov401
          President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
          • Aug 2008

Michael Vick sucks. End.

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
            Vick sucks as a QB, so, who cares?
            Do you really think Pat White was drafted to be Peyton Manning?

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi
              http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...elieve-in-him/

Dungy is well known to the NFL community as a decent and upstanding also God-fearing person, if he stands by Vick, so do I.

IMO it takes a good person to forgive.

Get it done Ralph!
              You gotta be kidding me. Vick is not the answer. Trent may not be either, but the last thing this team needs is another guy with off-the-field issues.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

I believe in the same God Tony Dungy believes in, and I have no problem giving Michael Vick a second chance. However, like Op, I believe he's a poor fit for what the Bills are trying to do offensively. His physical skills have likely eroded after being away from the game, and mentally I don't have the confidence that he's going to make good decisions with the ball. Whe just went out and spent significant money on Terrel Owens to give Trent Edwards a second big play threat and take the pressure off Lee Evans. You replace Trent with Michael Vick and suddeny it doesn't matter who your wide receivers are because your offense with Michael Vick as the trigger man is all about Michael Vick and the threat he is to run the ball.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Mahdi
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ
                  I believe in the same God Tony Dungy believes in, and I have no problem giving Michael Vick a second chance. However, like Op, I believe he's a poor fit for what the Bills are trying to do offensively. His physical skills have likely eroded after being away from the game, and mentally I don't have the confidence that he's going to make good decisions with the ball. Whe just went out and spent significant money on Terrel Owens to give Trent Edwards a second big play threat and take the pressure off Lee Evans. You replace Trent with Michael Vick and suddeny it doesn't matter who your wide receivers are because your offense with Michael Vick as the trigger man is all about Michael Vick and the threat he is to run the ball.
                  Why exactly would we replace Trent with Michael Vick...

No matter who signs Vick he will not be a starting QB,,, he will be a package QB... used as a Wildcat or in some sort of option package.

No one is suggesting he take over for Trent.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mahdi
                    Even though this thread has nothing to do with football ability....

The game of football is tackle and avoid being tackled... when it comes to the latter Vick is second only to Barry. So saying he has a lack of football ability is nonsensical.
                    Vick plays QB. There is MUCH more to being a QB than not getting tackled.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by EDS
                      You gotta be kidding me. Vick is not the answer. Trent may not be either, but the last thing this team needs is another guy with off-the-field issues.
                      or another QB with fast feet, a cannon arm and no brains. We just got rid of one of those.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

Vick's sentence is not even going to over until July 20.

He then has to get re-instated. And then released by Atlanta (which will be quick).

Then he will listen to offers. By the time he is willing, ready and able to sign, it likely won't be until late August at the best and more likely not until the season is underway.

Pass.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• yordad
                          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          Vick's sentence is not even going to over until July 20.

He then has to get re-instated. And then released by Atlanta (which will be quick).

Then he will listen to offers. By the time he is willing, ready and able to sign, it likely won't be until late August at the best and more likely not until the season is underway.

Pass.
                          If you keep "passing" he will sign with the Dolphins and run all over us.
                          "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by yordad
                            If you keep "passing" he will sign with the Dolphins and run all over us.
                            The Dolphins drafted Pat White. Signing Vick would be redundant.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
                              • May 2007

Michael Vick sucked as a quarterback in his last two seasons when opposing teams noticed the obvious: if you don't let him run he is a poor thrower. He might have ran a lot of yards but just take a look at his passar rating and record in 05 and 06. Michael Vick is a mediocre quarterback, stop saying he is the "most excinting player in the NFL" because he was not.

Anyway, considering we have THE FITZ! as our replacement I wouldn't mind the Bills signing Vick but then again I wouldn't mind us signing Losman for that matter.
                              Last edited by Turbo.GUN.Hawk!; 05-23-2009, 11:26 AM.
                              I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Comment

Working...
                              X