X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

Predictions

I have been ready many of your posts. Some of you are down on the bills up coming season, some of you are up. So whats your prediction for the 2009 season?
    Please Make Sense
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

Predictions

I have been reading many of your posts. Some of you are down on the bills up coming season, some of you are up. So whats your prediction for the 2009 season?
    Please Make Sense

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Re: Predictions

my initial prediction was 5-11 but I think that may have been too pessimistic because I was overrating some of our opponents.

I really need to take a closer look at the teams on our schedule and revise it.

But something tells me that 7-9 is a good bet....
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

and BTW, I think we go 0-6 in the division again. There's no way we beat the Pats, the Jets' D will overwhelm us (plus we gave away our home game to them) and the Dolphins are roughly the same as last year.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• billsfanone
          Majored in Home Economics
          • Sep 2008

6-10

Comment

• Bruce is Loose
            • Jul 2002

8-8

Comment

• jimbohastle51
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Feb 2005

marshawn 900 yards 8 tds, freddy jackson, 500 rushing - 400 recieving 6 total tds, dominic rhodes 500 all purpose yards 4 tds, T.O. 80 catches 1000 yards 8 tds, lee evans 65 catches 1200 yards 5 tds, josh reed 30 catches 400 yards, trent edwards 3,500 yards 20 TD's 13 INT's and all this gets us to 9-7/10-6 wildcard game. i will go on the record (LOL) and quote myself, some one copy this quote and repost it after the season for me... "we win the ones we should win, split the division 3-3 and get a game or 2 we probably should of lost".

Comment

• billsfanone
                Majored in Home Economics
                • Sep 2008

6-10

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  and BTW, I think we go 0-6 in the division again. There's no way we beat the Pats, the Jets' D will overwhelm us (plus we gave away our home game to them) and the Dolphins are roughly the same as last year.
                  I disagree on the 0-6 in the division part. The Jets defense is tough, but they have a much worse offense than the Bills. Kellen Clemons? And the loss of Coles is killer. Who plays WR for them? The Bills might only score 13 against them, but 13 > 6 or 10. The Bills will take one, maybe even two from the Jets. How the hell do they win 7 games without taking 3 or 4 in the AFC East? The rest of the schedule is killer.

But your record prediction is off ont he high side. I started with 3-13. I will nudge up to 4-12 or 5-11 after adding TO and filling holes in the draft.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• BillsWin
                    man amongst boys
                    • Oct 2008

9-7 with a potential for 10-6.

If the o-line and Trent stink and/or get injured, 7-9 or 8-8.
                    I am The Batman.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      I disagree on the 0-6 in the division part. The Jets defense is tough, but they have a much worse offense than the Bills. Kellen Clemons? And the loss of Coles is killer. Who plays WR for them? The Bills might only score 13 against them, but 13 > 6 or 10. The Bills will take one, maybe even two from the Jets. How the hell do they win 7 games without taking 3 or 4 in the AFC East? The rest of the schedule is killer.

But your record prediction is off ont he high side. I started with 3-13. I will nudge up to 4-12 or 5-11 after adding TO and filling holes in the draft.
                      No way we put up 13 against the Jets' D. If we get 2 scores it'll be a miracle. Our D isn't good enough to hold anyone under 13, not even Kellen Clemons.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

No way we put up 13 against the Jets' D. If we get 2 scores it'll be a miracle. Our D isn't good enough to hold anyone under 13, not even Kellen Clemons.
                        Last year the Bills offense scored 17 and 27 against the Jets.

The Jets defense allowed 22.2 points a game, 18th in the NFL.

Why would it be a miracle to get 2 scores this year?

You are way over-rating their defense. It is OK, but not great.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

I'm hoping for a record of 9-7, plus or minus 1 game.

I'm expecting 7-9 (seriously, who wouldn't guess that at this point?).

Here are some of my thoughts on it: I haven't gone through the schedule, so I haven't analyzed the games too much at this point. However, considering we went 7-9 against a very difficult schedule (2007) and 7-9 against an easy schedule (2008), it's just reasonable to guess 7-9 again. And I honestly thought our roster improved from 2007 to 2008. So it's anyone's guess at this point.

I really don't think our team will go 0-6 in the division. Yes, Miami is the same as last year. However, we had a good chance of winning the first game against them (4 turnovers in the 4th quarter kind of hurt that one), and our "home game" was essentially another home game for them, which they won obviously. I personally think we've improved more than they have, though that's debatable.

As far as the Jets go, I don't see their defense as being so amazing. They've got some good players, but Jenkins went downhill at the end of the year. Not to mention they traded away decent defensive depth to get Sanchez, and didn't draft a single defensive player. I'm sorry, but if they sustain any injuries, they're going to struggle mightily. It's very suspect to me how "loaded" their defense looks, according to the experts. Every year, certain teams look great one one or both sides of the ball and don't meet expectations. I have a feeling the Jets defense will be one of those.

The Pats...well they're a team I hope we beat, but until they pull one out, there's no logical reason to predict a win, especially with Tom Brady coming back. Last year was our year to break their streak, unfortunately.
                          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• psubills62
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Sep 2008

IMO, their defense did improve, but so did our offense. I really don't see Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard as being the pieces to the puzzle that lets them allow only 10 points per game.
                            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
                              • May 2007

10-6 : If Trent is able to have consistency and the the rookies in the o-line are able to establish quickly enough to protect Trent.

6-10 : Trent doesn't progress and the rookies in the o-line don't do a good job.

So my prediction is another mediocre season with an 8-8 record and the end of the Brandon-Jauron era...
                              I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Comment

Working...
                              X