PDA

View Full Version : Predictions

Mike
05-22-2009, 02:33 PM
I have been ready many of your posts. Some of you are down on the bills up coming season, some of you are up. So whats your prediction for the 2009 season?

Mike
05-22-2009, 02:33 PM
I have been reading many of your posts. Some of you are down on the bills up coming season, some of you are up. So whats your prediction for the 2009 season?

OpIv37
05-22-2009, 02:36 PM
my initial prediction was 5-11 but I think that may have been too pessimistic because I was overrating some of our opponents.

I really need to take a closer look at the teams on our schedule and revise it.

But something tells me that 7-9 is a good bet....

OpIv37
05-22-2009, 02:39 PM
and BTW, I think we go 0-6 in the division again. There's no way we beat the Pats, the Jets' D will overwhelm us (plus we gave away our home game to them) and the Dolphins are roughly the same as last year.

billsfanone
05-22-2009, 02:40 PM
6-10

Bruce is Loose
05-22-2009, 02:41 PM
8-8

jimbohastle51
05-22-2009, 02:41 PM
marshawn 900 yards 8 tds, freddy jackson, 500 rushing - 400 recieving 6 total tds, dominic rhodes 500 all purpose yards 4 tds, T.O. 80 catches 1000 yards 8 tds, lee evans 65 catches 1200 yards 5 tds, josh reed 30 catches 400 yards, trent edwards 3,500 yards 20 TD's 13 INT's and all this gets us to 9-7/10-6 wildcard game. i will go on the record (LOL) and quote myself, some one copy this quote and repost it after the season for me... "we win the ones we should win, split the division 3-3 and get a game or 2 we probably should of lost".

billsfanone
05-22-2009, 02:43 PM
6-10

Dr. Lecter
05-22-2009, 02:44 PM
and BTW, I think we go 0-6 in the division again. There's no way we beat the Pats, the Jets' D will overwhelm us (plus we gave away our home game to them) and the Dolphins are roughly the same as last year.

I disagree on the 0-6 in the division part. The Jets defense is tough, but they have a much worse offense than the Bills. Kellen Clemons? And the loss of Coles is killer. Who plays WR for them? The Bills might only score 13 against them, but 13 > 6 or 10. The Bills will take one, maybe even two from the Jets. How the hell do they win 7 games without taking 3 or 4 in the AFC East? The rest of the schedule is killer.

But your record prediction is off ont he high side. I started with 3-13. I will nudge up to 4-12 or 5-11 after adding TO and filling holes in the draft.

BillsWin
05-22-2009, 02:50 PM
9-7 with a potential for 10-6.

If the o-line and Trent stink and/or get injured, 7-9 or 8-8.

OpIv37
05-22-2009, 03:06 PM
I disagree on the 0-6 in the division part. The Jets defense is tough, but they have a much worse offense than the Bills. Kellen Clemons? And the loss of Coles is killer. Who plays WR for them? The Bills might only score 13 against them, but 13 > 6 or 10. The Bills will take one, maybe even two from the Jets. How the hell do they win 7 games without taking 3 or 4 in the AFC East? The rest of the schedule is killer.

But your record prediction is off ont he high side. I started with 3-13. I will nudge up to 4-12 or 5-11 after adding TO and filling holes in the draft.

No way we put up 13 against the Jets' D. If we get 2 scores it'll be a miracle. Our D isn't good enough to hold anyone under 13, not even Kellen Clemons.

Dr. Lecter
05-22-2009, 03:16 PM
No way we put up 13 against the Jets' D. If we get 2 scores it'll be a miracle. Our D isn't good enough to hold anyone under 13, not even Kellen Clemons.

Last year the Bills offense scored 17 and 27 against the Jets.

The Jets defense allowed 22.2 points a game, 18th in the NFL.

Why would it be a miracle to get 2 scores this year?

You are way over-rating their defense. It is OK, but not great.

psubills62
05-22-2009, 03:19 PM
I'm hoping for a record of 9-7, plus or minus 1 game.

I'm expecting 7-9 (seriously, who wouldn't guess that at this point?).

Here are some of my thoughts on it: I haven't gone through the schedule, so I haven't analyzed the games too much at this point. However, considering we went 7-9 against a very difficult schedule (2007) and 7-9 against an easy schedule (2008), it's just reasonable to guess 7-9 again. And I honestly thought our roster improved from 2007 to 2008. So it's anyone's guess at this point.

I really don't think our team will go 0-6 in the division. Yes, Miami is the same as last year. However, we had a good chance of winning the first game against them (4 turnovers in the 4th quarter kind of hurt that one), and our "home game" was essentially another home game for them, which they won obviously. I personally think we've improved more than they have, though that's debatable.

As far as the Jets go, I don't see their defense as being so amazing. They've got some good players, but Jenkins went downhill at the end of the year. Not to mention they traded away decent defensive depth to get Sanchez, and didn't draft a single defensive player. I'm sorry, but if they sustain any injuries, they're going to struggle mightily. It's very suspect to me how "loaded" their defense looks, according to the experts. Every year, certain teams look great one one or both sides of the ball and don't meet expectations. I have a feeling the Jets defense will be one of those.

The Pats...well they're a team I hope we beat, but until they pull one out, there's no logical reason to predict a win, especially with Tom Brady coming back. Last year was our year to break their streak, unfortunately.

psubills62
05-22-2009, 03:22 PM

IMO, their defense did improve, but so did our offense. I really don't see Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard as being the pieces to the puzzle that lets them allow only 10 points per game.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
05-22-2009, 03:36 PM
10-6 : If Trent is able to have consistency and the the rookies in the o-line are able to establish quickly enough to protect Trent.

6-10 : Trent doesn't progress and the rookies in the o-line don't do a good job.

So my prediction is another mediocre season with an 8-8 record and the end of the Brandon-Jauron era...

hydro
05-22-2009, 03:50 PM
16-0

BILLSROCK1212
05-22-2009, 04:11 PM
16-0, 0-16 somewhere in between

sdbillsfan2
05-22-2009, 04:35 PM
I'd say 5-11 ,but what disturbs me more is ,I have a nasty feeling Trent ends up on IR by week 9 . The second half of the season could be very long !

ALL D
05-22-2009, 05:16 PM
10-6... we are much improved besides O-line

Mitchell55
05-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Trent- 2,990 yds, 21 TDs, 15 INTs
Lynch- 1000-1,100 yds, 8 TDs
Jackson- 500 yds, 4 TDs
Owens- 1,060 yds, 9 TDs
Evans- 1,100 yds, 7 TDs
Nelsen- 350 yds, 3 TDs, 31 rec

Maybin- 3.5 sacks
Stroud- 4 sacks
McCargo- 2 sacks
Schobel- 8 sacks
Mitchell- 4 sacks

Kelsay, Pos, McCargo, Byrd, and Whitner all with 1 sack

Mckelvin- 4 INT
Byrd- 3 INT
Whitner- 2 INT
McGee- 3 INT

Corner, Youboty, and Pos all with 1 INT

jimbohastle51
05-22-2009, 07:05 PM

i wouldnt say we are much improved at all besides WR. our O line is suspect at best. our vets are at different positions and our 2 rookies will both be starting at spots they never really played before and they will be playing it at the NFL level! our LB are same and ellison is horrible, there is no upgrade for him currently on the roster (you cant say rookies that have never played a down of NFL football are upgrades). we lost jabari greer who was a solid starter and are replacing him with mckelvin who is a playmaker but hasnt had a full season starting under his belt and also only added drayton florence (i will give you that if florence gets back to how he used to play he would be a upgrade but, if he is what he was last year he is a nickle back at best). DE i dont think we got better at all seeing how the only addition was a rookie that is a situational pass rusher at best (again i dont want to hear all the penn state fans talk about all his potential because he has not played a down yet in the NFL, so he is no upgrade yet). fitzpatrick is really no better than losman was. fitz may be smarter but he had house and chad johnson all last year and was still no good. the reason i think we will be 9-7/10-6 is because of TO and our running game. our defense was top 15 last year with no pass rush and horrible play from ellison, so if we can score a few more points per game we should have a couple more wins, but overall are team is not really better than last years.

OpIv37
05-22-2009, 07:24 PM
IMO, their defense did improve, but so did our offense. I really don't see Bart Scott and Jim Leonhard as being the pieces to the puzzle that lets them allow only 10 points per game.

our whole offensive line was reshuffled. At this point, it's impossible to say our O has improved because the only clear improvement is TO, which makes no difference if the line can't protect trent.

By the same token, we can't really say our O got worse either because we don't know that yet, but the chances are an entirely reshuffled line featuring two rookies in the interior isn't going to be much of an improvement (at least not at first).

OpIv37
05-22-2009, 07:29 PM

How are we much improved besides the OL.

QB- Trent- push
RB- Added Rhodes, Lost Lynch for 3 games- Push
WR- added TO, that's a plus
TE- Lost Royal- gained Nelson- mild plus
OL- who knows? My guess is that the two rookies will struggle but it's just a guess, so I'll call this a push.

So, on O we have a mild upgrade at TE and an upgrade at WR, but ???? on the OL.

DE- Gained Maybin- small plus but he's not ready
DT- Same- Push
LB- Same- Push
CB- Lost Greer, Gained Florence- Small minus
S- Same, possibly a slight plus Bird

So the slight minus at CB and slight plus at S cancel and we end up with the only real difference being an undersized rookie DE. At best the D is mildly better.

It really doesn't make any sense to say this team is "much improved" unless you count the rookies on the OL as improvements, but even you dismissed the OL in your comment.

BillsOwnAll
05-22-2009, 07:30 PM

ha and you call other people "unrealistic" ???? A NFL team with a Hof WR, Probbaly the best "#2" receiver in the game (Boldin is about same level if not better) A Probowl RB. I dont care who your QB is but sayin 13 points is a miracle? That is a joke.

OpIv37
05-22-2009, 07:33 PM
ha and you call other people "unrealistic" ???? A NFL team with a Hof WR, Probbaly the best "#2" receiver in the game (Boldin is about same level if not better) A Probowl RB. I dont care who your QB is but sayin 13 points is a miracle? That is a joke.

Receivers don't matter with an unproven QB and untested OL. Trent can't get them the ball when he's laying flat on his back or if he's just plain missing them. The Jets vastly improved their D this off-season and those games are going to be ugly.

psubills62
05-22-2009, 07:35 PM
our whole offensive line was reshuffled. At this point, it's impossible to say our O has improved because the only clear improvement is TO, which makes no difference if the line can't protect trent.

By the same token, we can't really say our O got worse either because we don't know that yet, but the chances are an entirely reshuffled line featuring two rookies in the interior isn't going to be much of an improvement (at least not at first).

Maybe so, but now that we have several very good WR's, it's easier to offset our offensive line with a quick passing game. Remember that Arizona game where all they did was pass it 5-10 yards every time and Warner destroyed us? He didn't have the best O-line, but we couldn't touch them because their WR's were just that good. Now that we have several legitimate threats (Evans, Owens, Jackson, Reed, Nelson, Johnson, etc.), if our offensive line proves to be a weakness, it is very possible to just use a quicker passing game.

I know you don't trust anything new to work, but I don't see why the Jets get the benefit of the doubt with a brand new head coach, a rookie QB, zero proven WR's beyond Cotchery (who wasn't that good without Coles on the field last year), an NT who declined last year, and a defensive group with very little depth. If you were a fan of the Jets, those things wouldn't concern you at all??

elltrain22
05-22-2009, 08:20 PM
I really like our chances this year. I think our pass rush will be better, our defense will be a top 15 dee, and our offense will be a top 10 offense. I say 10-6 w/ a wildcard birth.

Mitchell55
05-22-2009, 08:34 PM
How are we much improved besides the OL.

QB- Trent- push
RB- Added Rhodes, Lost Lynch for 3 games- Push
WR- added TO, that's a plus
TE- Lost Royal- gained Nelson- mild plus
OL- who knows? My guess is that the two rookies will struggle but it's just a guess, so I'll call this a push.

So, on O we have a mild upgrade at TE and an upgrade at WR, but ???? on the OL.

DE- Gained Maybin- small plus but he's not ready
DT- Same- Push
LB- Same- Push
CB- Lost Greer, Gained Florence- Small minus
S- Same, possibly a slight plus Bird

So the slight minus at CB and slight plus at S cancel and we end up with the only real difference being an undersized rookie DE. At best the D is mildly better.

It really doesn't make any sense to say this team is "much improved" unless you count the rookies on the OL as improvements, but even you dismissed the OL in your comment.

I think you have to give a plus for Edwards being older now along with TO and Evans being his WR options

MassEffect218435
05-22-2009, 08:39 PM
It is virtually impossible to know at this point in the off-season, but I think that this is a 6-10/7-9 team until the Offensive Line issues are fixed. Edwards also remains a huge question mark and simply adding Owens doesn't automatically fix that.

OpIv37
05-22-2009, 09:33 PM
I think you have to give a plus for Edwards being older now along with TO and Evans being his WR options

Meh.

Every year, we hear about how we're supposed to improve by young guys maturing and ever year it fails to materialize. I'll believe it when I see it.

OpIv37
05-22-2009, 09:34 PM
Maybe so, but now that we have several very good WR's, it's easier to offset our offensive line with a quick passing game. Remember that Arizona game where all they did was pass it 5-10 yards every time and Warner destroyed us? He didn't have the best O-line, but we couldn't touch them because their WR's were just that good. Now that we have several legitimate threats (Evans, Owens, Jackson, Reed, Nelson, Johnson, etc.), if our offensive line proves to be a weakness, it is very possible to just use a quicker passing game.

I know you don't trust anything new to work, but I don't see why the Jets get the benefit of the doubt with a brand new head coach, a rookie QB, zero proven WR's beyond Cotchery (who wasn't that good without Coles on the field last year), an NT who declined last year, and a defensive group with very little depth. If you were a fan of the Jets, those things wouldn't concern you at all??

The biggest concern on the Jets by far is their QB. Leon Washington is underrated and makes that O much better. The coach is also a bit of a concern, but they have a lot of talent on D and plenty of teams have gotten by on D with no O.

Until we have a pass rush and someone on the OL that can stop Jenkins, the Jets get the benefit of the doubt.

Dr. Lecter
05-22-2009, 09:39 PM
The biggest concern on the Jets by far is their QB. Leon Washington is underrated and makes that O much better. The coach is also a bit of a concern, but they have a lot of talent on D and plenty of teams have gotten by on D with no O.

Until we have a pass rush and someone on the OL that can stop Jenkins, the Jets get the benefit of the doubt.

Who are their receivers?

That is as big of a concern as QB.

If the Bills go 0-6 in the division, 7-9 is nearly impossible.

And I can't believe that I am predicting a worse record than you are.

yordad
05-22-2009, 09:43 PM
I'm expecting 7-9 (seriously, who wouldn't guess that at this point?).
This is exactly what I was thinking the minute I read the title. I mean, I would think everyone would predict 7-9.

jamze132
05-23-2009, 01:38 AM
8-8 if Trent stays healthy.

5-11 if Trent goes down.

BTW, I predict yet another Trent Edwards injury early in the year, and we are forced to watch our offense go from suck to blow mode with Fitzpatrick. I think our D will improve a lot from last year, but the offense is going to lose all of the games for us. Everyone is going to blame the record on Fitzpatrick which will allow Dick another year at the helm.

DrGraves
05-23-2009, 08:13 AM
Jackson- 500 yds, 4 TDs
Owens- 1,060 yds, 9 TDs
Evans- 1,100 yds, 7 TDs

Maybin- 3.5 sacks
Stroud- 4 sacks
McCargo- 2 sacks
Schobel- 8 sacks
Mitchell- 4 sacks

Mckelvin- 4 INT
Byrd- 3 INT
Whitner- 2 INT
McGee- 3 INT

Marshawn with a whopping 1.1 yards per carry!

HHURRICANE
05-23-2009, 09:38 AM
Not to be pessimistic but I thonk our o-line is going to get mauled. I think the Peter's debacle is going to haunt this team for years to come.

If teams are smart they should bringing the house on every play.

How did Ocho Cinco do last year?

Bottom line is that this team is 6-10 unless the Bills can find a starting LT and LB before the pre-season starts.

trapezeus
05-23-2009, 10:27 AM
3-13....the bills lost 8 of the last 10 games. they were a disaster last year, and they've gotten worse. if we didn't get the hype of TO and then we traded Peters, took an unknown QB on opening of FA day, kept the coach who took us to 2-8, you'd say, "there is no way this team got better. they actually made it worse."

I like TO and all, but dick jauron has overacheived in his last 3 years in buffalo. 7-9 is the best he can do. this is going to a pathetic season that tries us all more than last season did.

I'll be there watching every game, but i simply can not believe that this year is going to be better or even the same. plus if jauron sucks early and gets the boot early, then we have a transition staff in April. he'll need time.

Mr. Pink
05-23-2009, 11:22 AM
With how brutal the schedule is and how poorly I think we'll do in the division...

1-5 in division
5-11 overall

JD
05-23-2009, 11:40 AM
8-8

And Dick still keeps his job :rofl:

Dr. Lecter
05-23-2009, 07:51 PM
Not to be pessimistic but I thonk our o-line is going to get mauled. I think the Peter's debacle is going to haunt this team for years to come.

If teams are smart they should bringing the house on every play.

How did Ocho Cinco do last year?

Bottom line is that this team is 6-10 unless the Bills can find a starting LT and LB before the pre-season starts.

Serious question (coming from a person who wanted Peters to stay) - Will Walker be that much worse than Peters was last year?

Peters is better than Walker, but was average last year overall (some great games, some poor games)

And quit calling it a "debacle" That implies fault going on one side and only one side.

OpIv37
05-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Serious question (coming from a person who wanted Peters to stay) - Will Walker be that much worse than Peters was last year?

Peters is better than Walker, but was average last year overall (some great games, some poor games)

And quit calling it a "debacle" That implies fault going on one side and only one side.

We were 7-9 last year, finished the season 2-8, went 0-6 in the division, only beat one playoff team and didn't beat any teams with a +.500 record.

"Not being worse" isn't good enough. He needs to be better.

Dr. Lecter
05-23-2009, 08:03 PM
We were 7-9 last year, finished the season 2-8, went 0-6 in the division, only beat one playoff team and didn't beat any teams with a +.500 record.

"Not being worse" isn't good enough. He needs to be better.

I understand that and don't disagree.

HH predicts 5-11 w/o a starting LT and blames the loss of Peters for that.

My point is that with the team be worse than last year if Walker plays as well as Peters did last year and should he be able to play that well?

The Juice Is Loose
05-24-2009, 08:38 AM
Record: 10-6

Division: Split with each team. I think we steal one from New England week 1.

Trent: 68% comp. 26 TD's 16int's. 2800 yards

Lynch: 1300 rushing, 1600 total. 12 td's overall

TO: 10 td's 1000 yards and a contract extension week 14.

Lee: 8 td's 1200 yards and a higher YAC rating than ever before

Schobel 10.5 sacks

Maybin 5 sacks

Kelsay 5 sacks

Stroud 4 sacks/Pro Bowl

McKelvin 5 picks, 5 overall TD's (KR included)

Whitner 0 picks and a whole lot of talk

billogic99
05-24-2009, 08:48 AM

Really? You think the Dolphins are the same? I think their secondary has much better talent than they did last year and they replaced their C with a mauler. Not to mention they have a full season of their system under their belts and they are headed into a season in which they didn't have a complete roster and coaching staff overhaul.

As for the Jets I agree they have a scary D especially with the addition of Bart Scott and Rex Ryan, but they have no QB. I seriuousy doubt Sanchez or Clemons suddenly turn into Peyton Manning. IMO the Pats are legit and the Dolphins are second best while the Jets could be the best team in the division if they get stellar play form their QB position.

billogic99
05-24-2009, 09:08 AM

I realize you said "probably", but in reality, Evans is nowheres near as good as Boldin...it's not even close.

Evans: 2004/2008

296 rec

4744 yards

32 TD's

2 - 1000 yard seasons.

Anquan Boldin: 2003/2008

502 rec

6,496 yards

79 TD's

4 - 1000 yard seasons

I think Evans and Ownes will be a scary good combination, but so far in their careers Evans hasn't been nearly as productive as Boldin. Some will say that's due to the fact that Boldin has had Fitzgerald on the other side for the last couple of seasons, but IMO that would only reduce the number of touches Boldin gets and Boldin would have to really make the most out of every touch and clearly he does. I think Boldin is clearly the more talented WR over Evans.

Buddo
05-24-2009, 06:10 PM
Very difficult to predict in many respects.
I'm not convinced that all the drama about the O-Line is that warranted. The fact of the matter is that it was mostly crap last year. Now, I'm not going to make any rash judgements on it in a hurry, but I think with everyone on the same page, and working together regularly, there's a significant chance that there's an overall improvement there. I also think that with better options available at WR and TE (Nelson or Fine), they may not be put under quite so much pressure either.
I also think there's good chances that our D-Line can improve a fair bit over last year. Some of that is predicated by actually getting the more talented guys on the field regularly. Schobel was missed badly last year, he should be back healthy and able to contribute again this year. It also seems like we may get to see what McCargo is capable of, as it would appear that he is also injury free, and responding to our new line coach. Maybin may or may not contribute much, but I would expect him to make a few plays somewhere along the line, and just a few plays will actually improve matters there. I'm also of the opinion that the addition of our new Line Coach, will bear significant fruit - it seems like he really knows what he's doing and could factor in in terms of improvements.
I'm not worried about our corners at all. We have boatloads of talent and depth there, even though Greer walked. Florence was a good signing, and will be used where he plays best, as the nickel.
We haven't got worse at LB. People seem to conveniently forget that Crowell didn't play a down for us last year. We may improve there if someone can oust Ellison, be it Bowen/Harris, or my favoured solution of Pisa.
We may see some interesting developments in the area of safety though. If the D is significantly going to improve, this is an area where it may happen. But only if Byrd steps up. Again though, we haven't got worse there, even if Whitner and Scott remain as starters.
Edwards has to step up. Consistency will be key with him. He has shown at times, that he has the makings of a distinctly above average QB. I honestly believe that he can do so, especially now that he has a 'full deck' of offensive cards to play with.
As to our division, I don't believe our record will be less than 2-4, and could get as high as 5-1. The Pats will still be the benchmark, but we may have a chance of catching them a little cold in week 1. Belicheck may be excellent when given tape to watch as preparation, but he becomes more average when he hasn't.
The Jets D will be tough, but there were interesting points made earlier in the thread about their depth. A couple of injuries could do considerable harm to their overall chances. I remain to be convinced that they have any real ability to actually score points. Not only will they have an inexperienced QB at the helm (whether Sanchez or Clemmons), they don't appear to have a decent WR, at all.
I can actually see our games against them being decided by our D, and not theirs. I would trust our offense to get to fg range regularly enough, without necessarily scoring TDs, that our D will have the opportunity to pick off whichever QB they put in, to score points against them.
The 'Phins will struggle more this year. The Wildcat will not work so well for them this year - certainly not in the division. We didn't have too much trouble with it tbh last year. Ryan was the first guy to sort it out last year with the Ravens, and Belicheck will have seen what he needs to do now. They will likely go, as Pennington goes. Another good year from him, and they will do ok. Their secondary isn't exactly great, and although improved with Wilson, seems to me that Reed knows how to get to him. ;)
Receiver wise, they are still lacking a true #1. They aren't like the Jets though, they do have guys who can play a bit.
My prediction is for a winning season for the Bills. Most likely 9-7 imho, but may be 10-6, which might just squeak us into the playoffs.

BillsWin
05-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Jackson- 500 yds, 4 TDs
Owens- 1,060 yds, 9 TDs
Evans- 1,100 yds, 7 TDs

Maybin- 3.5 sacks
Stroud- 4 sacks
McCargo- 2 sacks
Schobel- 8 sacks
Mitchell- 4 sacks

Mckelvin- 4 INT
Byrd- 3 INT
Whitner- 2 INT
McGee- 3 INT

Trent would probably have more yards than what you gave him, pending the two WRs with 1,000 yard seasons and 21 TDs...

Mike
05-25-2009, 05:42 AM

Thats the wrong question to ask!!! First forget about last season. Do you really care if Walker will be better this season then Peters was last season? Hope not! What we should be asking ourselves is, WILL WALKER BE BETTER THAT PETERS THIS YEAR... this is the question and we will know the answer and we will know what we are missing. Comparing this year to last is useless and living in the past, lets see how they compare this year and we will know what we could have had if we choose to stick with Peters.

Buddo
05-25-2009, 06:01 AM
Thats the wrong question to ask!!! First forget about last season. Do you really care if Walker will be better this season then Peters was last season? Hope not! What we should be asking ourselves is, WILL WALKER BE BETTER THAT PETERS THIS YEAR... this is the question and we will know the answer and we will know what we are missing. Comparing this year to last is useless and living in the past, lets see how they compare this year and we will know what we could have had if we choose to stick with Peters.

The reality can only be that Walker will be better than Peters this year, as Peters is no longer on the team. We will have no idea 'what we are missing' as Peters will be elsewhere, in an entirely different set of circumstances.