JD
05-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Oh. My. God.

LtFinFan66
05-22-2009, 07:40 PM
??

JD
05-22-2009, 07:46 PM
Kronwall just absolutely DESTROYED Havlat.

Wow. That was more wicked than the hit on Umberger by Campbell.

Kronwall left his feet and it looks like he brought up an elbow. Havlat was out cold before he hit the ice. I'm still in shock, that was insane!!

Kronwall got a 5 minute major and a game misconduct.

I will be surprised if Havlat comes back this series.

LtFinFan66
05-22-2009, 07:58 PM
when you say almost died I think Malarchuk/Zednik type stuff

MikeInRoch
05-22-2009, 08:10 PM
Wasn't it a legal hit, tho? I just saw one quick replay.

Mitchell55
05-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Umbergers was still worse. Campbell came at full speed and so was Umberger. Umbergers head bashed into the ground at full speed and he was on the ice and didnt come to for about 5 minutes. Havlat was awake in about 1 minute

OpIv37
05-22-2009, 09:39 PM
Wasn't it a legal hit, tho? I just saw one quick replay.

haven't seen the replay yet but if the hitter leaves his feet it's supposed to be a penalty. They don't usually call it but if the guy gets knocked out cold, they have to call it. Plus, you can't bring the elbows up when you hit.

Again, though I haven't seen it yet- I'm going off the descriptions in this thread.

MikeInRoch
05-22-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm not sure he left the ice with both feet, but he did with one. It's close.

clumping platelets
05-22-2009, 10:15 PM
YouTube :mad:

hammerbillsfan
05-22-2009, 10:27 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_lgBDDGSwI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_lgBDDGSwI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

hammerbillsfan
05-22-2009, 10:28 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1qINC26Qae0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1qINC26Qae0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Dude
05-22-2009, 10:30 PM
Just almost died? Hardly. It was a big check, but if it almost killed him then he's a big pussy.

MikeInRoch
05-22-2009, 10:36 PM
Clean.

Dr. Lecter
05-22-2009, 10:37 PM
<object width="425" height="344">

</object>Clean hit, imo

clumping platelets
05-22-2009, 11:21 PM
That's not a clean hit.........his skates are off the ice. He launched himself into him

BlackMetalNinja
05-23-2009, 07:35 AM
That's not a clean hit.........his skates are off the ice. He launched himself into himHis skates came off the ice when he hit the guy, as in his momentum had to go in a new direction... He didn't leap at him at all. Possibly interference, but otherwise, a clean hit.

Nighthawk
05-23-2009, 08:07 AM
There is know way that the hit was dirty. He hit him with his shoulder and he DID NOT launch at the player. It is very normal when hitting another player that the momentum of finishing a check will take a player's foot or feet off the ice for a split second. That was a great hit....it was a hard hit, but Havlat had his head down looking for the puck in his feet.

Philagape
05-23-2009, 08:08 AM
Clean

Dr. Lecter
05-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Yeah Clump, what they already said.

SabreEleven
05-23-2009, 10:38 AM
Havlat just died because of JD's bad english.

MikeInRoch
05-23-2009, 11:15 AM
So did the bull**** penalties that were called cost Detroit the game then?

It makes me wonder sometimes when they give game misconducts for things like that if they just want to prevent the retribution to that player that might occur.

JD
05-23-2009, 11:27 AM
So did the bull**** penalties that were called cost Detroit the game then?

It makes me wonder sometimes when they give game misconducts for things like that if they just want to prevent the retribution to that player that might occur.

It definitely seemed like that. Someones going to head hunt Kronwall. Clean or not, that's their best all-around player.

JD
05-23-2009, 11:28 AM
when you say almost died I think Malarchuk/Zednik type stuff

Maybe it was a slight overreaction, when I posted this he still had his eyes rolled back in his head.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-23-2009, 11:37 AM
This is from VS. feed which is better than the CBC HNiC feed,

ffwd to :59 sec. and you can see it in really slow motion.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqanH27U338&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iqanH27U338&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Just go away, Stupid CBC Hockey Night in Canada and learn how to pronounciate the words you dumb Canucks!

Mr. Pink
05-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Shouldn't have been a penalty called on the play.

100% clean and legal hit and Havlat should know by now you're supposed to keep your head up by now.

JD
05-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Shouldn't have been a penalty called on the play.

100% clean and legal hit and Havlat should know by now you're supposed to keep your head up by now.

He looks ahead just in time to see the detroit wheel :rofl:

OpIv37
05-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Just go away, Stupid CBC Hockey Night in Canada and learn how to pronounciate the words you dumb Canucks!

pronounciate?

OpIv37
05-23-2009, 02:53 PM
he arguably left his feet. He definitely didn't bring his arm up, and it's not interference as Havlat had at least two chances to play the puck before the hit.

I could see it going either way on the 2 minute penalty. No way it should have been a game misconduct. If Havlat didn't get knocked out, it would have been nothing.

In the NHL, it seems like these calls are made on the result of the action rather than the action itself. They need to be consistent- if it's not a penalty when the player doesn't get hurt, then it shouldn't be a penalty if the player does get hurt. Hockey's a violent game- deal with it.

SabreEleven
05-23-2009, 03:33 PM
I remember a Sabre got an interference call in the middle of the season on the exact type of play.

JD
05-24-2009, 01:13 PM
he arguably left his feet. He definitely didn't bring his arm up, and it's not interference as Havlat had at least two chances to play the puck before the hit.

I could see it going either way on the 2 minute penalty. No way it should have been a game misconduct. If Havlat didn't get knocked out, it would have been nothing.

In the NHL, it seems like these calls are made on the result of the action rather than the action itself. They need to be consistent- if it's not a penalty when the player doesn't get hurt, then it shouldn't be a penalty if the player does get hurt. Hockey's a violent game- deal with it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a 5-minute major for interference automatically carry the game misconduct? I thought that's how it was ruled..

OpIv37
05-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a 5-minute major for interference automatically carry the game misconduct? I thought that's how it was ruled..

I honestly don't know.

I've never had a good understanding of the majors/misconduct rules.

THATHURMANATOR
05-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Clean hit

chernobylwraiths
05-27-2009, 12:01 PM
I thought it was borderline dirty with intent to injure. I think the call is right. He launched himself at the defenseless player. I love the look of the hit and of Campbell's, but that is the type of hit that should be taken out of hockey. Or at least remove some of the plastic padding that causes these hits to become so dangerous. JMO

OpIv37
05-27-2009, 12:08 PM
I thought it was borderline dirty with intent to injure. I think the call is right. He launched himself at the defenseless player. I love the look of the hit and of Campbell's, but that is the type of hit that should be taken out of hockey. Or at least remove some of the plastic padding that causes these hits to become so dangerous. JMO

if Havlat was defenseless, then any player playing the puck is defenseless and you might as well take hitting out of hockey period. Hitting is legal- it's up to the player with the puck to keep his head up and know where the defenders are.

chernobylwraiths
05-28-2009, 09:40 AM
if Havlat was defenseless, then any player playing the puck is defenseless and you might as well take hitting out of hockey period. Hitting is legal- it's up to the player with the puck to keep his head up and know where the defenders are.

I'm not saying that Havlat wasn't at fault, but he WAS defenseless.

I contend that if they remove the hard plastic from the padding for all under uniform padding except the shin guards, they would probably have a lot less head hunting.