PDA

View Full Version : Observations from OTA's!

HHURRICANE
05-23-2009, 09:18 AM
This thread is for fun and discussion. I posted this thread last year and everyone was quick to defend their favorite player, etc. and go nuts.

Just merely looking at video and commenting on what I've seen. This is just my opinion on what I've seen so far:

1) Terrell Owens is already looking like the best player on the team. The guy is just at another level when you watch him make play and run routes. It's awesome.

2) If Schobel get's any thinner we should make him a TE. I hate this guy and it's obvious that losing weight is easier than working out for him.

3) Bowen looks healed so let's hope he could challenge Ellison for a starting role.

4) Hangartner and Wood look very big and polished out there.

5) Levitre looks like he lost his dog on every play. Based on what little I've seen I'm already worried. He's not that big either!!

6) Edwards. I love Edwards but it looks like he spent more time learning business at Stanford over the off-season that adding weight. Edwards passes didn't look all that good either. He looks like he's pushing the ball. Do you think the Bills might want to invest in a real QB coach???

Fun observations. Nothing more than that so don't get all worked up about it!

whkfc
05-23-2009, 09:37 AM
Well if edwards doesn't get it this year he's gonna need that stanford business degree.

HHURRICANE
05-23-2009, 09:40 AM
Well if edwards doesn't get it this year he's gonna need that stanford business degree.

Your QB needs to be smart but not already prepared for life after football. Yeah that scares me.

WeAreArthurMoates
05-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Really you picked all that up about Levitre in a span of 5 seconds. I guess I gotta watch it again.

yordad
05-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Really you picked all that up about Levitre in a span of 5 seconds. I guess I gotta watch it again.How long of a look does it take to realize he is smallish?

yordad
05-23-2009, 09:47 AM
Well if edwards doesn't get it this year he's gonna need that stanford business degree.He is quoted as saying there is more to life then football, and this is just a step in life. :brace:

Jan Reimers
05-23-2009, 09:53 AM
He is quoted as saying there is more to life then football, and this is just a step in life. :brace:
Scary. I can see his point, but I just can't imagine Jim Kelly saying that at a comparable age. I'd rather have a fierce competitor who eats, sleeps and breathes football.

yordad
05-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Scary. I can see his point, but I just can't imagine Jim Kelly saying that at a comparable age. I'd rather have a fierce competitor who eats, sleeps and breathes football.Me too. I have expressed concern about this quote in the past only to be told, "Well, there is more to life then football. All players should understand this". Well, I personally think they should be focused. And, "I'd rather have a fierce competitor who eats, sleeps and breathes football" also.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
05-23-2009, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I don't know why some people is that sold on Edwards. Anyway, if he sucks we are screwed, I don't believe in our Fitz.

WeAreArthurMoates
05-23-2009, 12:48 PM
How long of a look does it take to realize he is smallish?

I talking about him looking lost there guy, I don't expect a 306 pounder to looker huge, it's just common sense. To say a guy looks lost out in OTA's, for at most a 3 second span is impossible.

yordad
05-23-2009, 12:58 PM
I talking about him looking lost there guy, I don't expect a 306 pounder to looker huge, it's just common sense. To say a guy looks lost out in OTA's, for at most a 3 second span is impossible.Huh? Common sense tells you a 306 pounder doesn't looker huge? Uh, ok.

Is it 3 or 5 seconds?

theanswer74
05-23-2009, 01:09 PM
This thread is funny.

WeAreArthurMoates
05-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Huh? Common sense tells you a 306 pounder doesn't looker huge? Uh, ok.

Is it 3 or 5 seconds

Jesus, guy listen to me, I knew Levitre wasn't the biggest, it's common sense cuz he's only 6'2" 306, not 6'4" 320. Never was talking about that chief, I was talking about it's impossible to tell if he looks lost in 3 seconds of OTA footage. Your not making sense here guy.

theanswer74
05-23-2009, 02:05 PM
Levitre has a beer belly, thats where is weight comes from.

yordad
05-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Jesus, guy listen to me, I knew Levitre wasn't the biggest, it's common sense cuz he's only 6'2" 306, not 6'4" 320. Never was talking about that chief, I was talking about it's impossible to tell if he looks lost in 3 seconds of OTA footage. Your not making sense here guy.How did you know?

John Doe
05-23-2009, 04:54 PM
Levitre has a beer belly, thats where is weight comes from.

I wonder how he looked at 360:

Others talked of Levitre's commitment to drop from 50-plus pounds -- his weight as a high school junior when he was offered a scholarship by Louisiana State -- to his current weight.

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/sports/ci_12230641

TigerJ
05-23-2009, 07:55 PM
Me too. I have expressed concern about this quote in the past only to be told, "Well, there is more to life then football. All players should understand this". Well, I personally think they should be focused. And, "I'd rather have a fierce competitor who eats, sleeps and breathes football" also.

When Edwards was drafted, he said things that suggested he was not so obsessed with football that he couldn't imagine life beyond it. Still, he's shown no lack of dedication when it comes to preparing himself and getting better.

I also remember when OTAs started a year ago comments suggesting he looked a little rusty. Well, he was. He doesn't spend all offseason tossing the ball to receivers who are running routes, nor should he be doing that. His arm does need a little time off. Joints need to heal up from the constant wear and tear of throwing the football through all of training camp and a 17 week season. As OTAs progressed last season, Edwards' throws got sharper. When the regular season arrived, Edwards' accuracy and arm strength was just fine. If there are weaknesses in his game, that has not been one of them.

yordad
05-24-2009, 01:29 AM
When the regular season arrived, Edwards' accuracy and arm strength was just fine. If there are weaknesses in his game, that has not been one of them.What are his weaknesses then?

jamze132
05-26-2009, 05:52 AM
What are his weaknesses then?
Rubik's cubes?

The Juice Is Loose
05-26-2009, 07:53 AM
all players do stuff in the off season.

it doesn't take 24 hours a day to lift weights and throw footballs

in fact, if you throw/lift too much it's bad for your body!

i can easily lift weights and practice throwing with an 8 hour a day job. i'm sure trent spent much less than 8 hours a day learning business.

if trent gets gang green and gets his leg amputated tomorrow, he needs to be able to make a living.

you guys are a little too obsessive. i'm perfectly happy with trents committment level and practice habits.

he just needs to throw more td's.

WeAreArthurMoates
05-26-2009, 08:08 AM
How did you know?<!-- / message -->

I don't and neither does anyone else by watching those clips, that's exactly my point.

ddaryl
05-27-2009, 07:37 AM
What are his weaknesses then?

sub par coaching, and lack of weapons, and experience.. but 2 of 3 of these should change this year

yordad
05-27-2009, 11:40 AM
I don't and neither does anyone else by watching those clips, that's exactly my point.No, how did you know my real name?

yordad
05-27-2009, 11:44 AM
all players do stuff in the off season.

it doesn't take 24 hours a day to lift weights and throw footballs

in fact, if you throw/lift too much it's bad for your body!

i can easily lift weights and practice throwing with an 8 hour a day job. i'm sure trent spent much less than 8 hours a day learning business.

if trent gets gang green and gets his leg amputated tomorrow, he needs to be able to make a living.

you guys are a little too obsessive. i'm perfectly happy with trents committment level and practice habits.

he just needs to throw more td's."Ah, it's just a day job", Doesn't sound like striving for greatness to me. There is film to watch, get back in your hole!

I definitely am not changing my opinion because you think all there is to preparing is "lift weights and practice throwing".

He has not earned the right to take significant time off. Has he learned it all? Forgive me if I feel taking time away from a multimillion dollar salary job so you can prepare for life as an accountant is stupid.

Trent should ask himself, "What would Payton Manning do?" Because at any time he can be replaced by the next, hungrier guy.

WeAreArthurMoates
05-27-2009, 11:52 AM
No, how did you know my real name?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Hahaha, did you change it our is that your birth name, LOL.

yordad
05-27-2009, 11:53 AM
sub par coaching, and lack of weapons, and experience.. but 2 of 3 of these should change this yearSo, he will succeed, or you will be asking for his replacement, right?

yordad
05-27-2009, 11:53 AM
Hahaha, did you change it our is that your birth name, LOL.Birth. And I am very old. Hence the screen name.