PDA

View Full Version : Told you the Bills made a contract offer to Pisa.

BillsWin
05-23-2009, 08:05 PM
about time someone else reported it, I was starting to get concerned...

http://clarkjudge.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6384866/15173068

Bills still hot for Tinoisamoa

Posted on: May 22, 2009 11:31 am

<script type="text/javascript"> function shareLinks(){}; shareLinks.prototype.allowClose = false; shareLinks.prototype.showButtons = function() {this.allowClose=false;document.getElementById('shareBoxi').style.visibility="visible";} shareLinks.prototype.shareOff = function() {if (this.allowClose==true) {document.getElementById('shareBoxi').style.visibility="hidden";}} shareLinks.prototype.hideButtons = function() {this.allowClose=true;setTimeout("shareLinks.prototype.shareOff()",1000);}</script>
The Buffalo Bills (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/BUF) had former St. Louis linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa in for a look over a week ago, but he left without the club making a move. Now he's on a cross-country tour, with the Bills apparently no longer interested in the Rams (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/page/STL)' leading tackler a year ago. Not so fast. The Bills are interested. In fact, they're very interested. They made the guy a contract offer before he left and notified him to stay in touch. Buffalo thinks he could be a perfect fit at the weak-side linebacker spot, but Tinoisamoa notified them he wants to see what's out there. Fair enough. The Bills haven't ruled him out of their future, and neither should you.

jimbohastle51
05-23-2009, 08:11 PM
i posted this a couple hours ago in the other pisa thread, i am sure that this gets done before the next OTA's.

elltrain22
05-23-2009, 08:28 PM
I got 3 reasons why he will eventually sign w/ the bills....

1. He's a great, great fit

2. it's a very good offer

3. he's not getting any younger

Wally The Barber
05-23-2009, 08:29 PM
I knew you were right from the beginning because WGR reported a deal was being worked out about 2 hours after you posted your thread.

BillsWin
05-23-2009, 09:01 PM
there goes my rep points. funny how I had 500 last week.

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
05-23-2009, 09:05 PM
I don't like people who really care about their reputation, it's not like this is a high school contest to know who is more popular.

About the blog, why do people keep confusing our weakside with the strongside?

Syderick
05-23-2009, 09:06 PM
It would be a good fit of they sign him.

BillsWin
05-23-2009, 09:06 PM
I don't like people who really care about their reputation, it's not like this is a high school contest to know who is more popular.

I really dont care and thats why I laugh. people think it is such an insult to take away my rep points. I dont care. Hell, positive or negative rep just means that person read your post! :up:

jimbohastle51
05-24-2009, 02:32 AM
my friend told me it was going to get done last sunday and i posted a thread and should have waited, but the things he reported to me were accurate it looks. they did offer him a multi year deal and he was happy with the city and coaching staff. i think he probably just wanted to make sure before he decided on us. i hope we get this done because we have another set of OTA's this week.

jimbohastle51
05-24-2009, 02:51 AM
I knew you were right from the beginning because WGR reported a deal was being worked out about 2 hours after you posted your thread.

what did WGR say? did he choose buffalo and now they are putting finishing touches on a deal? i am sure he'll sign i just am curious.

Wally The Barber
05-24-2009, 05:44 AM
what did WGR say? did he choose buffalo and now they are putting finishing touches on a deal? i am sure he'll sign i just am curious.
WGR said Pesa knows the coaching staff and it was unlikely he would leave town without a deal.

Mike Schoop was already complaining about the deal and it never happened

Schoop refered to Pesa as Cory Wire

Jan Reimers
05-24-2009, 07:20 AM
Schoop refered to Pesa as Cory Wire
Schoop is an idiot. Tinoisamoa, while not an All Pro, is a good, productive starting caliber LB. Wire is a good special teamer and a backup who does not really have a true position.

Nighthawk
05-24-2009, 09:34 AM

Because the Bills flip-flop what they call the positions in their system. Every other team's system is the opposite.

MassEffect218435
05-24-2009, 03:45 PM
Schoop is an idiot. Tinoisamoa, while not an All Pro, is a good, productive starting caliber LB. Wire is a good special teamer and a backup who does not really have a true position. Wire actually did a hell of a job last year in Atlanta's defense as a starter; so much so that they dropped Boley and gave Wire the extension instead.

BillsWin
05-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Wire was a major contributor in Atlanta.

jimbohastle51
05-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Wire actually did a hell of a job last year in Atlanta's defense as a starter; so much so that they dropped Boley and gave Wire the extension instead.

wire did do a good job but giving him a extension over boley was also about money. with roddy whites extension, matt ryan and michael turner under contract as well as john abrahams deal, they didnt have the 30 million to give to boley that the giants did. it was much easier to extend wire.

MassEffect218435
05-24-2009, 03:52 PM
wire did do a good job but giving him a extension over boley was also about money. with roddy whites extension, matt ryan and michael turner under contract as well as john abrahams deal, they didnt have the 30 million to give to boley that the giants did. it was much easier to extend wire.$25 million....

He got a very unfavorable deal and it's basically a three year deal, he'll never see the majority of the money. Abraham's deal was set in 2006 and is only set to make $5 million this year, he'll be a casualty next year. By the way, they have over $20 million in cap space (as of the end of May) and could afford any contract for any player right now, Wire simply outplayed Boley and made him expendable.

TheMan08
05-25-2009, 02:27 PM
Wire only started in 4 games last year.

SABURZFAN
05-25-2009, 11:26 PM
about time someone else reported it, I was starting to get concerned...
They made the guy a contract offer before he left and notified him to stay in touch. Buffalo thinks he could be a perfect fit at the weak-side linebacker spot, but Tinoisamoa notified them he wants to see what's out there. Fair enough. The Bills haven't ruled him out of their future, and neither should you.

until he signs on the dotted line, your "i told you so" doesn't mean squat.

jimbohastle51
05-25-2009, 11:32 PM
i think he'll be a bill soon. i just have a feeling about it.

SABURZFAN
05-25-2009, 11:40 PM
i think he'll be a bill soon. i just have a feeling about it.

i hope you're right for Mitchell55's sake. i'd hate to see the kid have a meltdown on Ellison before the holidays.

jimbohastle51
05-25-2009, 11:46 PM
i hope you're right for Mitchell55's sake. i'd hate to see the kid have a meltdown on Ellison before the holidays.

LOL! you have a point there. i believe round 2 of OTA's start tomorrow so hopefully we can here something about him tomorrow. i didnt expect to here anything today anways with the holiday and all.

jimbohastle51
05-26-2009, 02:48 PM
<table class="s_playerNewsTable" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="s_playerNewsTitle" style="background: rgb(0, 25, 69) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" width=""><table class="s_playerNewsTitle" width="100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td width="33" align="left">http://www.rotoworld.com/images/teamlogos/NFL_sm/STL.gif</td><td align="left"> Pisa Tinoisamoa (http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=382)-LB- Rams (http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=STL)</td><td style="" align="right">May. 26 - 10:42 am et</td></tr></tbody></table> </td><td style="background: rgb(0, 25, 69) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: -moz-initial; -moz-background-origin: -moz-initial; -moz-background-inline-policy: -moz-initial;" width="14">http://www.rotoworld.com/images/right_corner_player_news.gif</td> <td width="6">http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif</td> </tr><tr> <td>http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif</td> <td class="s_playerNewsLeftBorder">http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif</td><td class="s_playerNewsText">The Bears are expected to decide this week whether to make contract offers to free agents Pisa Tinoisamoa and Rod Hood.
Tinoisamoa has a better chance to end up in Chicago. He has a relationship with coaches Lovie Smith and Bob Babich, and the Bills are the only other team he's visited. Hood has been pursued by three or four other teams.
Source: Chicago Sun Times (http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/05/decisions_for_free_agents_tino.html)
Related: Bears (http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/clubhouse_relatednews.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=CHI)
</td></tr></tbody></table>
this is from rotoworld. i think he will sign with the bills but he is obviously waiting for another offer to try to either get more money from a team or make sure the bills have the best offer on the table.

TheMan08
05-26-2009, 02:52 PM
I'm tired of this guy. Buffalo should give a deadline on offer. So if he wants to wait and see other offers, he is risking what is out there.

BertSquirtgum
05-26-2009, 03:33 PM
hope this guy signs

kid mickey
05-26-2009, 04:38 PM
Not sure if Tinoisamoa is going to sign with the Bills any time soon. He is obviously waiting to see if the Bears are going to make him an offer. His best chance at starting is with the Bills, but who knows what he will do. If he doesn't sign I am looking forward to see who wins the battle for the spot in Training camp.

jimbohastle51
05-26-2009, 04:58 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFl&id=382

he did in fact visit the PATS today!!!!!

elltrain22
05-26-2009, 05:32 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFl&id=382

he did in fact visit the PATS today!!!!!

still think, in the end, he'll be a Bill.

jimbohastle51
05-26-2009, 05:48 PM
me as well i was just updating people. he would only be a rotational player at best there, and probably just a backup because mayo isnt sitting and the hoodie loves brushci far too much to sit him down not too mention how undersized for the system pisa is.

jaycorp51
05-26-2009, 06:43 PM
I still think NE brought him in just to drive the price up on the Bills.

Perhaps he may go there for a chance to win it all and NE will keep him away from us, but I just think this is posturing on their part.

The Spaz
05-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Hood signed with Cleveland so I think it will be between the Bears and Bills.

Goobylal
05-26-2009, 08:09 PM
I still think NE brought him in just to drive the price up on the Bills.
Doubtful. They wouldn't offer more than the Bills would.

jimbohastle51
05-26-2009, 09:40 PM
i just called my friend that had told me that the bills offered pisa a contract and yes he did tell me that pisa was going to sign with us and i do believe him but his agent must have talked him into taking visits, and he said that the pats offer will only be for one year (he told me that the pats had offered him a contract two weeks ago as i reported in my post) and he would be a rotational guy there BUT he would get all the passing downs and bruschci would come off the feild for that (basically pisa if signed with the pats would play 3rd downs and 2nd and longs, first and long and such) also my guy said that chicago would not be significant competition for the bills and they would NOT OFFER MORE THAN HILLENMEYERS CONTRACT OF 1.5 MILLION because that is all they are willing to pay for the position, so basically the only way the bears sign pisa is if they cut hilly and let pisa and roach battle it out (that does make sense, but i know the bills offer is better than that). as for details on the bills offer he believes it is a 3 year deal (again i reported this 2 sundays ago on this board) and it is for around 11 million. which is around 3.6 million a year. he told me that the rams saved 3.25 in cap space by cutting pisa but in fact his total salary for this coming season with the rams was around 4.5 million. the 3.25 everyone has been talking about was just there cap savings by the move. so at 3.6 million he is technically still taking a cut. the only other thing he could tell me is that the bills are VERY MUCH interested and are willing to bid for him now. he said that if signed he will compete for the nickle role as well, so chris browns theory of mitchell and poz as the nickle LB's isnt totally true. the 3 will compete for the nickle and the 2 best in camp will get it. aparently it isnt just jauron and fewell but the rest of the front office is VERY HIGH on him and according to my friend brandon was not at the meeting because of a meeting with the players association but he still really wants the guy signed. again take this for what it is worth, but my guy was right about the pats being interested and he was right about a contract being offered (both these point didnt come out till after last sunday). i am going to try to get ahold of my other friend who works for the bills and see if he knows anything but he is not a high ranking guy, but he works in marketing and knows brandon so every so often he can throw me a nugget, but to be honestly my buddy at the local news station has known more than him lately. one more thing for the wendall bryant fans, the bills are still interested in bringing him in for camp, they want another DT for training camp purposes but they will not do anything above league minimum and according to my friend bryants agent actually is looking for a multi year deal not just "i will take whatever opportunity to get back into the league" like he has been preaching.

Goobylal
05-26-2009, 10:24 PM
i just called my friend that had told me that the bills offered pisa a contract and yes he did tell me that pisa was going to sign with us and i do believe him but his agent must have talked him into taking visits, and he said that the pats offer will only be for one year (he told me that the pats had offered him a contract two weeks ago as i reported in my post) and he would be a rotational guy there BUT he would get all the passing downs and bruschci would come off the feild for that (basically pisa if signed with the pats would play 3rd downs and 2nd and longs, first and long and such) also my guy said that chicago would not be significant competition for the bills and they would NOT OFFER MORE THAN HILLENMEYERS CONTRACT OF 1.5 MILLION because that is all they are willing to pay for the position, so basically the only way the bears sign pisa is if they cut hilly and let pisa and roach battle it out (that does make sense, but i know the bills offer is better than that). as for details on the bills offer he believes it is a 3 year deal (again i reported this 2 sundays ago on this board) and it is for around 11 million. which is around 3.6 million a year. he told me that the rams saved 3.25 in cap space by cutting pisa but in fact his total salary for this coming season with the rams was around 4.5 million. the 3.25 everyone has been talking about was just there cap savings by the move. so at 3.6 million he is technically still taking a cut. the only other thing he could tell me is that the bills are VERY MUCH interested and are willing to bid for him now. he said that if signed he will compete for the nickle role as well, so chris browns theory of mitchell and poz as the nickle LB's isnt totally true. the 3 will compete for the nickle and the 2 best in camp will get it. aparently it isnt just jauron and fewell but the rest of the front office is VERY HIGH on him and according to my friend brandon was not at the meeting because of a meeting with the players association but he still really wants the guy signed. again take this for what it is worth, but my guy was right about the pats being interested and he was right about a contract being offered (both these point didnt come out till after last sunday). i am going to try to get ahold of my other friend who works for the bills and see if he knows anything but he is not a high ranking guy, but he works in marketing and knows brandon so every so often he can throw me a nugget, but to be honestly my buddy at the local news station has known more than him lately. one more thing for the wendall bryant fans, the bills are still interested in bringing him in for camp, they want another DT for training camp purposes but they will not do anything above league minimum and according to my friend bryants agent actually is looking for a multi year deal not just "i will take whatever opportunity to get back into the league" like he has been preaching.
I can't see the Pats offering anything more than $2M for a 1-year deal, much less approaching the $3.6M the Bills allegedly offered him. In any case, I'm getting sick of this and just want this done.

As for Bryant, he and his agent are stupid if they don't take a 1-year minimum deal. Hope Bryant likes sitting at home making minimum wage.

BTW, it looks like the Pats are about to sign Paris Lenon. I'd start lowering my offer to PT and tell him to make his decision soon, or stuff it.

jimbohastle51
05-26-2009, 10:32 PM
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/patriots/index.php/2009/05/26/pats-nearing-deal-with-linebacker-lenon/

i think pisa wants to be a bill!

jimbohastle51
05-26-2009, 10:32 PM
chicago hasnt even offered pisa anything yet and honestly i trust my friend and chicago is even cheaper than buffalo so i think he is buffalo's now if they want him!

Ickybaluky
05-26-2009, 10:41 PM
he told me that the rams saved 3.25 in cap space by cutting pisa but in fact his total salary for this coming season with the rams was around 4.5 million. the 3.25 everyone has been talking about was just there cap savings by the move. so at 3.6 million he is technically still taking a cut.

Not taking a side, because I doubt the Pats have enough cap room to offer him competitive money anyway, but your buddy is wrong about his contract with the Rams.

Tinoisamoa had 2 years left on his contract (2009 & 2010) with $1M in bonus amortization each year. His cap number for 2009 was $4.25M, made up of a $3.25M base salary and $1M in bonus amortization. When he was released the Rams ended up saving $2.25M after the bonus was accounted for. If the Bills offered him $3.6M, he would be getting a raise.

jimbohastle51
05-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Not taking a side, because I doubt the Pats have enough cap room to offer him competitive money anyway, but your buddy is wrong about his contract with the Rams.

Tinoisamoa had 2 years left on his contract (2009 & 2010) with $1M in bonus amortization each year. His cap number for 2009 was $4.25M, made up of a $3.25M base salary and $1M in bonus amortization. When he was released the Rams ended up saving $2.25M after the bonus was accounted for. If the Bills offered him $3.6M, he would be getting a raise.

i am just going by what he told me, either way i think he signs with us. especially after lenon signs. lenon is taller and bigger and a better fit for there defense. chicago wont out bid buffalo for him.

WeAreArthurMoates
05-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Jimbo thanks for the info that was absolutly clutch. I really want to see him in Buffalo and I think if he doesn't sign with the Pats by this afternoon he will not be a patriot.

Ickybaluky
05-27-2009, 08:06 AM
Jimbo thanks for the info that was absolutly clutch. I really want to see him in Buffalo and I think if he doesn't sign with the Pats by this afternoon he will not be a patriot.

The Pats signed Lenon today, according to his agent, so that likely means they won't be signing Tinoisamoa.

WeAreArthurMoates
05-27-2009, 08:09 AM
Thanks NE39 I was just going to post that. Yep, Jimbo's looking right, Pisa best option still is Buffalo.

kelly2reed4six
05-27-2009, 08:43 AM
The Pats probably just brought Tinoisamoa in to try to drive up his market price and screw us...he's not a good fit there.

jimbohastle51
05-27-2009, 08:44 AM
i think the bills will come out on top in this one. chicago will not out bid us, pisa would just have to want to take reasonably less money to be a bear.

Mudflap1
05-27-2009, 01:11 PM
If Chicago cut Hillenmayer in order to sign Pisa, I'd take Hillenmayer also. He's certainly also an upgrade over Ellison.

Mr. Pink
05-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Looks more and more like Pisa won't be here...unfortunately.

The Spaz
05-27-2009, 05:51 PM
If Chicago cut Hillenmayer in order to sign Pisa, I'd take Hillenmayer also. He's certainly also an upgrade over Ellison.

But he's white we can't have that...lol

Night Train
05-27-2009, 05:53 PM
They're interested at a reasonable price. Not the wet dream price his agent wants.

Reality bites. He's a small Cover 2 specialist & we don't even know if we'll be running that D next year.

jaycorp51
05-27-2009, 06:09 PM
If we actually did offer $3.6 mil a year.....I see no way Chicago matches that. They are already paying 2 of their LB's good money, and Hillenmeyer is a decent player with a low salary. I can't see them thinking Pisa is such a huge upgrade over Hillenmeyer that they'd pay him close to $4 mil a year.

Mudflap1
05-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Yes, remember there is a pecking order. Chicago has a lot of money committed to Urlacher and Briggs. If they sign Pisa for a number such as $3.6M/per, that is going to piss off Hillenmayer, who will want more money. Not to mention that is a lot of a dough committed to only their linebackers. It will also piss off Urlacher and Briggs, who will say "if this guy is making that much, it's time to pay me more".

Plus, Chicago is notoriously cheap. Ralph can even outbid them!