PDA

View Full Version : Kelly to Bills: 'Show up, or just pack your bags'

The Spaz
05-24-2009, 07:58 AM
While Jim Kelly has aspirations of putting together a group that will buy the Buffalo Bills someday from Ralph Wilson's estate, he doesn't own the team yet.

Kelly won't make the call whether head coach Dick Jauron will stay or go. But after three straight 7-9 seasons under Jauron and no playoffs for nine years running, Kelly sees this as a make-or-break year for the Bills' coaching staff.

Kelly was a guest Friday morning on "The Opening Drive," a Sirius NFL Radio show hosted by Randy Cross. It was Kelly's turn to appear on a series of interviews called "Countdown to Canton," in which Pro Football Hall of Famers share their thoughts at 10 a.m. each Friday.

The best exchange came when Cross asked Kelly who will have the bigger adjustment period to get used to each other: new receiver Terrell Owens or Bills fans.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-8-91/Kelly-to-Bills---Show-up--or-just-pack-your-bags-.html

Jan Reimers
05-24-2009, 08:04 AM
Classic Kelly. He basically hopes TO will be a disturbance in our lockerroom, which must be a fairly quiet, emotionless place. With Jauron at the helm, that's easy to understand.

I hope TO does shake things up. What can it hurt?

SABURZFAN
05-24-2009, 08:09 AM
you got to channel 124. :up:

elltrain22
05-24-2009, 08:11 AM
I hope Jimbo can somehow, some way, get a group together to buy this team!!

The Juice Is Loose
05-24-2009, 08:32 AM
this team is sick and bed ridden and TO is penicilin. if you ask me. he's firey, he's productive, he backs his talk up with serious play, this team needed a leader.

we basically have been a collection of "new guys"...all looking for someone to lead them.

when TO gets a TD and autographs the ball and gives it to the fans and the place starts rocking, we're gonna see more TD celebration, more fan mayhem, more emotion.

the only emotional unit/coach on this team has been Bobby April and his special teams. They are fired up every time they get out there, and it reflects in their play.

mybills
05-24-2009, 08:56 AM
You don't have to be Jim Kelly to see this as a make-or-break year for the Bills coaching staff.

Nighthawk
05-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Classic Kelly. He basically hopes TO will be a disturbance in our lockerroom, which must be a fairly quiet, emotionless place. With Jauron at the helm, that's easy to understand.

I hope TO does shake things up. What can it hurt?

That is the problem with Jauron...he holds nobody responsible for a loss or a mistake. IMO, this guy just does not have "it" to be a winning HC in the NFL.

trapezeus
05-24-2009, 09:58 AM
if the bills can survive ML's suspension, he'd be coming in week 4 completely fresh. witha line that might just be getting hot. That's the hope i'm hangin onto this season.

i still feel like 2009 is a wash and the bills will finally admit that high priced players don't matter as much as high priced proven coaches and front office.

mybills
05-24-2009, 10:52 AM
if the bills can survive ML's suspension, he'd be coming in week 4 completely fresh. witha line that might just be getting hot. That's the hope i'm hangin onto this season.

i still feel like 2009 is a wash and the bills will finally admit that high priced players don't matter as much as high priced proven coaches and front office.
I thought he appealed it? Was he denied?

Jan Reimers
05-24-2009, 10:59 AM
I thought he appealed it? Was he denied?
As far as I know, the appeal has not been heard yet. The best we can hope for is a reduction in games, rather than a complete reversal. I would guess Goodell will reduce it from 3 games to 2.

mybills
05-24-2009, 11:10 AM
That's what I'm thinking too, Jan. Hopefully only 1 game though. :pray:

The Jokeman
05-24-2009, 12:38 PM
I hope Jimbo can somehow, some way, get a group together to buy this team!!
why? I respect Kelly as a football player, although will admit think he's severely overrated by the Bills faithful, I can't see him being a great owner. As he hasn't had much luck running a restaurant or a consultant firm that Michael Vick once belonged to. In terms of him expressing his feelings on the radio it doesn't make him much different then a Howard Simon, Jeremy White, Brad Riter or even anyone posting on this board. Oh I know because he played in the NFL it makes it different then I guess a better comparison be Fred Smerlas.

Michael82
05-24-2009, 02:57 PM
I have never been a huge fan of TO's. But I gotta admit...I can't wait to see him out there. Lately the team has taken Jauron's personality too much. The have been boring and very blah after games. TO may be just what the doctor ordered. He may be what Nick Swisher is to the Yankees..get them more relaxed, joking around and having fun. Hopefully his attitude makes Jauron and Schonert stop the idiotic play calling too. :pray:

BillsWin
05-24-2009, 03:37 PM
My blood is boiling. I am ready for some football...

DynaPaul
05-26-2009, 01:40 AM
“We haven’t had anything in the locker room. When you walk into a locker room on Monday and you don’t know whether your team won or lost, something’s got to change.”

That quote indicates to me that the players aren't worried about their jobs with old Dickey around and are content to just pick up their paychecks.