X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Kelly to Bills: 'Show up, or just pack your bags'

While Jim Kelly has aspirations of putting together a group that will buy the Buffalo Bills someday from Ralph Wilson's estate, he doesn't own the team yet.

Kelly won't make the call whether head coach Dick Jauron will stay or go. But after three straight 7-9 seasons under Jauron and no playoffs for nine years running, Kelly sees this as a make-or-break year for the Bills' coaching staff.

Kelly was a guest Friday morning on "The Opening Drive," a Sirius NFL Radio show hosted by Randy Cross. It was Kelly's turn to appear on a series of interviews called "Countdown to Canton," in which Pro Football Hall of Famers share their thoughts at 10 a.m. each Friday.

The best exchange came when Cross asked Kelly who will have the bigger adjustment period to get used to each other: new receiver Terrell Owens or Bills fans.

• Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Kelly to Bills: 'Show up, or just pack your bags'

Classic Kelly. He basically hopes TO will be a disturbance in our lockerroom, which must be a fairly quiet, emotionless place. With Jauron at the helm, that's easy to understand.

I hope TO does shake things up. What can it hurt?
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

you got to channel 124.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• elltrain22
        • Sep 2003

I hope Jimbo can somehow, some way, get a group together to buy this team!!
        If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Feb 2009

this team is sick and bed ridden and TO is penicilin. if you ask me. he's firey, he's productive, he backs his talk up with serious play, this team needed a leader.

we basically have been a collection of "new guys"...all looking for someone to lead them.

when TO gets a TD and autographs the ball and gives it to the fans and the place starts rocking, we're gonna see more TD celebration, more fan mayhem, more emotion.

the only emotional unit/coach on this team has been Bobby April and his special teams. They are fired up every time they get out there, and it reflects in their play.

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

You don't have to be Jim Kelly to see this as a make-or-break year for the Bills coaching staff.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Nighthawk
              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              Classic Kelly. He basically hopes TO will be a disturbance in our lockerroom, which must be a fairly quiet, emotionless place. With Jauron at the helm, that's easy to understand.

I hope TO does shake things up. What can it hurt?
              That is the problem with Jauron...he holds nobody responsible for a loss or a mistake. IMO, this guy just does not have "it" to be a winning HC in the NFL.

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

if the bills can survive ML's suspension, he'd be coming in week 4 completely fresh. witha line that might just be getting hot. That's the hope i'm hangin onto this season.

i still feel like 2009 is a wash and the bills will finally admit that high priced players don't matter as much as high priced proven coaches and front office.

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
                  if the bills can survive ML's suspension, he'd be coming in week 4 completely fresh. witha line that might just be getting hot. That's the hope i'm hangin onto this season.

i still feel like 2009 is a wash and the bills will finally admit that high priced players don't matter as much as high priced proven coaches and front office.
                  I thought he appealed it? Was he denied?
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by mybills
                    I thought he appealed it? Was he denied?
                    As far as I know, the appeal has not been heard yet. The best we can hope for is a reduction in games, rather than a complete reversal. I would guess Goodell will reduce it from 3 games to 2.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

That's what I'm thinking too, Jan. Hopefully only 1 game though.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by elltrain22
                        I hope Jimbo can somehow, some way, get a group together to buy this team!!
                        why? I respect Kelly as a football player, although will admit think he's severely overrated by the Bills faithful, I can't see him being a great owner. As he hasn't had much luck running a restaurant or a consultant firm that Michael Vick once belonged to. In terms of him expressing his feelings on the radio it doesn't make him much different then a Howard Simon, Jeremy White, Brad Riter or even anyone posting on this board. Oh I know because he played in the NFL it makes it different then I guess a better comparison be Fred Smerlas.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

I have never been a huge fan of TO's. But I gotta admit...I can't wait to see him out there. Lately the team has taken Jauron's personality too much. The have been boring and very blah after games. TO may be just what the doctor ordered. He may be what Nick Swisher is to the Yankees..get them more relaxed, joking around and having fun. Hopefully his attitude makes Jauron and Schonert stop the idiotic play calling too.

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

My blood is boiling. I am ready for some football...
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                              • Sep 2003

“We haven’t had anything in the locker room. When you walk into a locker room on Monday and you don’t know whether your team won or lost, something’s got to change.”

That quote indicates to me that the players aren't worried about their jobs with old Dickey around and are content to just pick up their paychecks.

Comment

Working...
                              X