• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Scott gets fresh start in Buffalo

Jonathan Scott was hours away from hitching a plane to Buffalo, N.Y. last August. His bags were packed. His career, rejuvenated. His attitude, refreshed. That’s what happens when you’re released by the Detroit Lions — newfound joy. After three miserable years in Motown, Scott was amped for a new start in Buffalo.

And at the last second, the Bills called. Jason Peters had finally decided to end his holdout. Scott’s roster spot in-waiting was snatched away.

link
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com
  • B-DON
    hi
    • Mar 2004

Re: Scott gets fresh start in Buffalo

hopefully he turns into something decent. i love his attitude

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
      • Feb 2009

Halfway through his senior season at Texas Scott was projected to be a 1st Round pick who slipped to the 5th round on draft day.. Another disapointment from the University of Texas...

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

Oh my did he dog the Lions. I don't think he threw them under it, I think he drove it.
        Last edited by yordad; 05-25-2009, 11:14 AM.
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• SabreEleven
          • Aug 2002

I hope he feels the same way about the Buffalo coaches at the end of this season.

Comment

• Mahdi
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Cntrygal
            Jonathan Scott was hours away from hitching a plane to Buffalo, N.Y. last August. His bags were packed. His career, rejuvenated. His attitude, refreshed. That’s what happens when you’re released by the Detroit Lions — newfound joy. After three miserable years in Motown, Scott was amped for a new start in Buffalo.

And at the last second, the Bills called. Jason Peters had finally decided to end his holdout. Scott’s roster spot in-waiting was snatched away.

link
            His size and athleticism could make him valuable in Buffalo's zone blocking scheme.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
              !?!?!?!?!?
              • Mar 2006

another potentially good OT hopefully either him or D. Bell pan out

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

clearly buffalo has a lot of faith in the group of OTs that we have on the roster. the draft is evidence of that.

Walker, Butler, Bell, Chambers, Scott. it is an interesting group. we shall see how it pans out.

i do really like butler at RT. i think we will see John Runyan reincarnated.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

The Bills are loaded with young athletic guys who might be good tackles if they get a chance. They might actually be pretty deep at the position. The problem is, they also might not be since nobody is proven at the position where they are being asked to play. With the Bills at tackle it's all about ifs, maybes and potential. I'm not complaining per se. In the NFL, very few teams are perfectly set at every position. Amost every team has to make at least a small gamble at one or two positions.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

A no risk signing who could provide solid depth at OT.

Quick. Let's trash him !
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Bert102176
                      • Aug 2002

GL to him
                      lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• jamze132
                        • Jun 2003

Savior!

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TigerJ
                          The Bills are loaded with young athletic guys who might be good tackles if they get a chance. They might actually be pretty deep at the position. The problem is, they also might not be since nobody is proven at the position where they are being asked to play. With the Bills at tackle it's all about ifs, maybes and potential. I'm not complaining per se. In the NFL, very few teams are perfectly set at every position. Amost every team has to make at least a small gamble at one or two positions.
                          Agreed. They've got a lot of guys at OT who are athletic and have potential to be good. Makes you wonder if the theory they're implementing involves "well, if we get enough of them, one of them will turn into the next Jason Peters (hopefully without the attitude problem), right?"
                          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

lots of developement guys at OT on the roster.

We can only hope after a few years of bringing in these projects and stashing them on our roster and practice squads finally pays off.

This is very much the reason why the Bills didn't draft an OT this year... they have faith in their vets and their projects. Unfortunately for Bills fans we have had our faith in the talent evaluators and coaches strippes away from us and we don't fully believe we can fill in the blanks with our own guys.

... and yet we really have no choice, for us to make the jump the investment into these project talents has to pay off.
                            Last edited by ddaryl; 05-26-2009, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X