X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Fred "The Gem" Jackson has been split out alot thus far

CB: Lynch has looked explosive and has bobbed and weaved well in and out of traffic and through holes. He also looks smooth in the passing game. I think the second year in Turk’s offensive system is allowing him to play faster, which is a scary thought.
    With respect to Fred and Dominic, Rhodes is just getting a handle on the system and is being used sparingly. Jackson meanwhile has been split out a lot, and I mean a lot. More so than he was last year. That’s very telling considering the depth the Bills have a WR. Jackson has been out wide more than Parrish as far as I have seen.
    link

I think lining Jackson up in the backfield (sometimes with Lynch) then splitting him out, and doing it often, would be nearly uncoverable. If they bring in a CB, you run him (or Lynch), if they send an OLB over there, then the Bills have a huge mismatch in the passing game.

His versatility can create huge matchup problems. "is he a a RB or a WR, "

Not to mention it isn't like the Bills don't have half a dozen other weapons that can punch them in the mouth too. Turk's job is shaping up to be one of the easiest in football.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Fred "The Gem" Jackson has been split out alot thus far

Action Jackson
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Mahdi
      • Mar 2004

Imagine the Bills offense stinking it up next season with all these weapons and possibilities.....

Turk would get booed off the field by week 5.

Comment

• yordad
        • Dec 2007

Originally posted by MBBedard
        Action Jackson
        That is a movie. The Gem is original. He was discovered like a diamond in the rough. A diamond is a gem and it sounds cool. Get it?
        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Luisito23
          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
          • Apr 2003

I hate "Action" Jackson!!!...It sounds sooo generic.
          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

thos of you who dislike action jackson cleary havent seen the film
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• yordad
              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by MBBedard
              thos of you who dislike action jackson cleary havent seen the film
              No, I seen the film. Pretty good. But, IMO, it's been done already.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Parrish is a dead man walking.

First, he's terrible at WR. He's too small and he runs poor routes, so he never gets any separation. Next time you're at a game, watch him then watch Josh Reed. Parrish is much faster than Reed, but when Parrish makes his cut, the DB goes right with him. When Reed makes a cut, he gets some distance (at least temporarily). And I'm not even a fan of Reed.

Second, we signed Owens, and drafted Johnson and Hardy last year. Johnson has been a pleasant surprise, and now it sounds like Jackson is a decent WR option in spread formations. Roscoe is no longer needed at WR.

Third, McKelvin and Jackson can return punts. I don't think they're quite as good as Roscoe, but they're very effective.

Finally, there have been rumors that the Bills already tried to trade him.

There are only 3 positions on this roster that are stacked: WR, CB and RB. All three positions usually produce the best returners and Roscoe's main position is one of them. He's redundant.
                Last edited by OpIv37; 05-26-2009, 08:55 AM.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

I noted a couple weeks ago, when the suggestion was first heard about the use of the no huddle, that I thought Jackson's versatility could give defenses headaches. Along with Shawn Nelson's ability to line up tight or split out, pairing Jackson with Lynch at the same time creates all sorts of matchup problems for defenses, which, because of the no huddle, can't make substitutions to try and adjust for it
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                    • Feb 2005

Start with Evans and TO all the time... Now substitute freely between Lynch, Jackson and Reed (Reed can do RB duty)... Further substitute freely Fine, Nelson and Schouman.

Now think about it in terms of no-huddle... At any given time it could be Evans, TO, Lynch, Reed, Nelson... Or Evans, TO, Lynch, Jackson, Fine... Or Evans, TO, Lynch, Nelson, Schouman... Etc, etc, etc.

I'm liking it... Hope we got the coaches to drive the beast.
                    Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 05-25-2009, 05:02 PM.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                      • Feb 2005

PS... OP's correct... Parrish is the odd man out. Thus, the trade block.

In addition... Hardy's in the wings to replace TO... Johnson's holding his own to replace Reed.
                      Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 05-25-2009, 05:05 PM.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

We only care if he's been brutal.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

Freddie "Mercury Rising" Jackson. Period.

Comment

• Crisis
                            • Aug 2004

why does everyone named fred need a nickname?
                            Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                            Vanek is Austrian not European
                            Originally posted by Prov401
                            Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                            Originally posted by better days
                            I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• realdealryan
                              realdealrex
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by yordad
                              link

Turk's job is shaping up to be one of the easiest in football.
                              pump the brakes

Comment

Working...
                              X