PDA

View Full Version : Fred "The Gem" Jackson has been split out alot thus far

yordad
05-25-2009, 12:33 PM
CB: Lynch has looked explosive and has bobbed and weaved well in and out of traffic and through holes. He also looks smooth in the passing game. I think the second year in Turk’s offensive system is allowing him to play faster, which is a scary thought.
With respect to Fred and Dominic, Rhodes is just getting a handle on the system and is being used sparingly. Jackson meanwhile has been split out a lot, and I mean a lot. More so than he was last year. That’s very telling considering the depth the Bills have a WR. Jackson has been out wide more than Parrish as far as I have seen.

link (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/)

I think lining Jackson up in the backfield (sometimes with Lynch) then splitting him out, and doing it often, would be nearly uncoverable. If they bring in a CB, you run him (or Lynch), if they send an OLB over there, then the Bills have a huge mismatch in the passing game.

His versatility can create huge matchup problems. "is he a a RB or a WR, :brace:"

Not to mention it isn't like the Bills don't have half a dozen other weapons that can punch them in the mouth too. Turk's job is shaping up to be one of the easiest in football.

The King
05-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Action Jackson

Mahdi
05-25-2009, 01:14 PM
Imagine the Bills offense stinking it up next season with all these weapons and possibilities.....

Turk would get booed off the field by week 5.

yordad
05-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Action JacksonThat is a movie. The Gem is original. He was discovered like a diamond in the rough. A diamond is a gem and it sounds cool. Get it? :up:

Luisito23
05-25-2009, 03:10 PM
I hate "Action" Jackson!!!...It sounds sooo generic. :clown:

The King
05-25-2009, 03:17 PM
thos of you who dislike action jackson cleary havent seen the film

yordad
05-25-2009, 03:38 PM
thos of you who dislike action jackson cleary havent seen the filmNo, I seen the film. Pretty good. But, IMO, it's been done already.

OpIv37
05-25-2009, 03:51 PM
Parrish is a dead man walking.

First, he's terrible at WR. He's too small and he runs poor routes, so he never gets any separation. Next time you're at a game, watch him then watch Josh Reed. Parrish is much faster than Reed, but when Parrish makes his cut, the DB goes right with him. When Reed makes a cut, he gets some distance (at least temporarily). And I'm not even a fan of Reed.

Second, we signed Owens, and drafted Johnson and Hardy last year. Johnson has been a pleasant surprise, and now it sounds like Jackson is a decent WR option in spread formations. Roscoe is no longer needed at WR.

Third, McKelvin and Jackson can return punts. I don't think they're quite as good as Roscoe, but they're very effective.

Finally, there have been rumors that the Bills already tried to trade him.

There are only 3 positions on this roster that are stacked: WR, CB and RB. All three positions usually produce the best returners and Roscoe's main position is one of them. He's redundant.

TigerJ
05-25-2009, 03:53 PM
I noted a couple weeks ago, when the suggestion was first heard about the use of the no huddle, that I thought Jackson's versatility could give defenses headaches. Along with Shawn Nelson's ability to line up tight or split out, pairing Jackson with Lynch at the same time creates all sorts of matchup problems for defenses, which, because of the no huddle, can't make substitutions to try and adjust for it

Yasgur's Farm
05-25-2009, 04:59 PM
Start with Evans and TO all the time... Now substitute freely between Lynch, Jackson and Reed (Reed can do RB duty)... Further substitute freely Fine, Nelson and Schouman.

Now think about it in terms of no-huddle... At any given time it could be Evans, TO, Lynch, Reed, Nelson... Or Evans, TO, Lynch, Jackson, Fine... Or Evans, TO, Lynch, Nelson, Schouman... Etc, etc, etc.

I'm liking it... Hope we got the coaches to drive the beast.

Yasgur's Farm
05-25-2009, 05:03 PM
PS... OP's correct... Parrish is the odd man out. Thus, the trade block.

In addition... Hardy's in the wings to replace TO... Johnson's holding his own to replace Reed.

Night Train
05-25-2009, 05:23 PM
We only care if he's been brutal.

jamze132
05-26-2009, 05:47 AM
Freddie "Mercury Rising" Jackson. Period.

Crisis
05-26-2009, 06:21 AM
why does everyone named fred need a nickname?

realdealryan
05-26-2009, 06:26 AM
link (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/)

Turk's job is shaping up to be one of the easiest in football.

pump the brakes

ddaryl
05-26-2009, 08:26 AM
This is where jackson gives us some major bang for the reserve RB buck....

I want to see jackson as a 4th / 5th WR option a lot this year, and if he gets these opportunities we will continue to cause opposing D's major match up problems

yordad
05-26-2009, 08:44 AM
pump the brakesHey man, I didn't say I have faith he would succeed.

ddaryl
05-26-2009, 08:54 AM
Imagine the Bills offense stinking it up next season with all these weapons and possibilities.....

**** we better see something worth getting exctied about against the Patsies week #1 or I'm going to hunt down the bastard Tuesday morning

OpIv37
05-26-2009, 08:56 AM

with this OL it's actually not that hard to imagine....

Mahdi
05-26-2009, 11:03 AM
with this OL it's actually not that hard to imagine....
Well they are banking on this line and fans have bought into their decisions both on the interior and at OT.

So it had better work.

elltrain22
05-26-2009, 05:33 PM
I think I'm gonna get me a Fred Jackson jersey. I love the kid, so glad we signed him.