PDA

View Full Version : Maybin striving to be ready

Yasgur's Farm
05-26-2009, 08:29 AM
Just need to counter the "brutal" tag
He’s a wet behind the ears NFL rookie, but Bills top pick Aaron Maybin is anything but intimidated when it comes taking the field with NFL veterans in OTAs. The Penn State product didn’t feel he had to make a big adjustment to the speed of the NFL game.

“A little bit, nothing too serious,” said a confident Maybin. “Football is football.”
That doesn’t mean that Maybin doesn’t respect the step up in terms of competition at the pro level, but having a case of the jitters hasn’t been an issue.

“Not at all,” he said. “Once you get to this level, if you’re still nervous, you’re still lacking confidence in your own abilities, you need to stay in school. I think that mentally, I did a pretty good job of preparing myself just for the change in pace.”
The rest... (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/maybin-striving-to-be-ready/48d644dd-45c9-4c6e-b2a7-06bbd3ac9d0f)

acehole
05-26-2009, 08:41 AM
Just need to counter the "brutal" tagThe rest... (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/maybin-striving-to-be-ready/48d644dd-45c9-4c6e-b2a7-06bbd3ac9d0f)

He has got a big ego which I love and hate at the same time.
As I said before the draft....he will be used as spot duty on passing downs...the better he gets the more playing time he will earn. He is
working on bieng Nfl ready as far as size and stregth go...it could take
all of ota's, training camp or season...depends on him and the HGH and
if he is teachable.

To early to panic or to get to excited.

I

djjimkelly
05-26-2009, 09:01 AM
they need to make him a science experiment with the juice and hgh

ddaryl
05-26-2009, 09:05 AM
I'll value an opinion when we actually see him perform in a real gametime situation

in other words when pre-season comes around. Until then I have absolutly nothing to base an opinion on besides blogs from aspiring sports journalist who have a better chance as working as a walmart greeter then a pro football journalist

jamze132
05-26-2009, 09:23 AM
I'll value an opinion when we actually see him perform in a real gametime situation

in other words when pre-season comes around. Until then I have absolutly nothing to base an opinion on besides blogs from aspiring sports journalist who have a better chance as working as a walmart greeter then a pro football journalist
I take offense as I plan on greeting rednecks at Wal-Mart after I retire from the military. It's my dream job.

HHURRICANE
05-26-2009, 09:45 AM
Another feel good story. Insert player's name_______________:

1) he's tough...blah..blah

2) He had to overcome some personal adversity

3) He want's to contribute now.

4) Are you worried about X?.....No, I'm a professional blah, blah, blah.

Yasgur's Farm
05-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Tit for tat HH... Road goes both ways.

WeAreArthurMoates
05-26-2009, 11:20 AM
Another feel good story. Insert player's name_______________:

1) he's tough...blah..blah

2) He had to overcome some personal adversity

3) He want's to contribute now.

4) Are you worried about X?.....No, I'm a professional blah, blah, blah.
<!-- / message -->

Ok so let me get this straight. You think this is garbage but yet believe the crap Florio, a guy who has zero insides connections with the Bills.

justasportsfan
05-26-2009, 12:16 PM
All that talk is too late Maybin. As far as we're concerned , you're already a bust. We discussed that with 6 pages an counting in another thread.