PDA

View Full Version : Should we consider bringing him in?

TypicalBill
05-18-2003, 10:57 AM
quarterback Cade McNown was realeased by the 49ers.

maybe he was in the wrong system there... From what ive read about him, he has a cannon for an arm and can run. I think he would be better than this Johnson guy we got (undrafted FA)...im not saying sign him long-term and make him our backup or anything..but it wouldn't hurt to bring him in and look at him.

heres some of the things i read about him... Cade McNown (http://uclabruins.ocsn.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/mcnown.html)

remember, some QB's take longer to develop and he was drafted in 1999.

Dozerdog
05-18-2003, 11:03 AM
I'd bring him in strictly because he dates Playboy playmates.

This guy is areal loser- Ryan Leif all over agan

CADE McNOWN

BONUS POINT HALL OF FAMER
http://thunder.prohosting.com/~5040/history/mcnown.htm

Cade McNown got his start at UCLA, where he was one of a group of nine teammates (including Skip Hicks) who illegally acquired campus handicapped-parking placards and used them from February to June 1997. "I'm not going to condemn them," McNown told the Chicago Tribune, which is sort of like Jesse James saying he wouldn't call Billy the Kid a bad guy. He also told the Tribune in an interview, "I'm by no means defending (my teammates), but there's no parking at UCLA."
McNown told the Chicago Tribune he had used the placard once, maybe twice at the most, and charged the Los Angeles Times with defaming him. He said he was injured at the time, although UCLA never mentioned it.

A day after the Bears gave McNown a $22 million contract, the QB was driving to training camp. At a toll booth he shouted at the collector, "I have no cash. I have credit," eventually persuading the operator to let him pass without paying the 40 cents.
Eventually he arrived at training camp, drove his truck up to George R. Dobson Hall and in a classic move, parked atop a white wheelchair painted on the asphalt, right in front of a fluorescent sign reserving the spot for the handicapped.

Sincerity and loyalty are not words you'd use to describe McNown. That's a big reason he had so much trouble winning over his Bears teammates. He once ran over a cameraman along the sideline, then rushed back to see if the guy was OK. Later on in the locker room, he boasted that "I had to make it look like I cared."

When the Bears drafted Cade out of UCLA he sheepishly told interviewers that, shucks, he hated to lose so much that he still hadn't even lost his virginity. Football so consumed him that, gosh, he had no time for girls. McNown said he was saving himself for marriage after his football career was over.
But apparently Cade wasn't too engrossed in film and Bible study to call several quarterback sneaks.

A Los Angeles Times report says Cade was a frequent visitor to the Playboy Mansion, where he managed to do the ultimate by stealing Hugh Hefner's girlfriend, Brande Roderick, who was 1999's Miss April. Hef was so angry that he permanently banned McNown from the Mansion. That relationship didn't last long. Brande vacationed with McNown in Mexico, and now she's now doing "Baywatch" in Hawaii. ......MORE...

TypicalBill
05-18-2003, 11:07 AM
"he hated to lose so much that he still hadn't even lost his virginity."............ :angel: :baby:

"A Los Angeles Times report says Cade was a frequent visitor to the Playboy Mansion, where he managed to do the ultimate by stealing Hugh Hefner's girlfriend, Brande Roderick, who was 1999's Miss April. Hef was so angry that he permanently banned McNown from the Mansion."............ :cp: :pimp: :evil:

:rofl: :lol:

Dozerdog
05-18-2003, 11:11 AM
There are even more gems in the full article.....

I'd take Billy Joe Hobart back before taking this guy in

Mr. Miyagi
05-18-2003, 11:39 AM
I'd take the scoreboard operator before this guy.

Turf
05-18-2003, 11:40 AM
At least we know the guy has balls. Man LOL. Stealing Hugh's girl away at his own mansion. I don't think he'll need any testosterone therapy. Wonder what he does for kicks?

The_Philster
05-18-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by TypicalBill
"he hated to lose so much that he still hadn't even lost his virginity."............ :angel: :baby:

"A Los Angeles Times report says Cade was a frequent visitor to the Playboy Mansion, where he managed to do the ultimate by stealing Hugh Hefner's girlfriend, Brande Roderick, who was 1999's Miss April. Hef was so angry that he permanently banned McNown from the Mansion."............ :cp: :pimp: :evil:

:rofl: :lol:

He's got excellent taste in women...I'll say that for him.
http://www.askmen.com/imagesmodel/2001_apr/brande_roderick/brande_roderick_151.jpg :pant:

TigerJ
05-18-2003, 01:43 PM
He's got a lot of something, but it's not football skills. Treat him like poison 'cause that's what he'd be to a football team.

Turf
05-18-2003, 02:12 PM
I agree with you Tiger, he's a trainwreck.

Stewie
05-18-2003, 07:08 PM
I would, without a doubt, most definitely sign myself before this guy..

Or any other guy for that matter ;)

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-19-2003, 12:52 PM
Absolutely not. How much better is the Bills system than the 49ers. The guy is a bust.

Earthquake Enyart
05-19-2003, 12:56 PM
He's Ryan Leaf without the arm. :drool:

Log throws a better ball than McNown.

BillsNYC
05-19-2003, 01:13 PM
ryan leaf would have been great on the bills....

The_Philster
05-19-2003, 03:20 PM
:eek: