• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

OTA News: Week 2

McIntyre in; Stroud back

By Chris Brown - Posted May 26th, 2009
    Corey McIntyre is in for his first day of OTAs after not participating in last week’s voluntary workouts.
    Marcus Stroud is back at OTAs this afternoon. He was not at last Thursday’s voluntary workout.
    Not in attendance are Aaron Schobel and Roscoe Parrish.
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Re: OTA News: Week 2

Schobel being Schobel.

Comment

• Marvelous
      • Feb 2004

We need Thee Aaron Schobel this year. NOt the fraud since new contract.. The guy was such a beast...My family plays this game where we predict certain things like 1st recieving TD, 1st INT, and 1st Non-Schobel sack..
      -We need him to return to form. This D-line with Kyle Williams,& Stroud in the middle is good. I dunno why my expectations aren't that high for the unit this coming season. Even w/ Maybin.. I think it's obvious that Maybin is gonna need a full season to being a beast...
      --I think if Schobel can return to form,we could see Kelsay be a beast as well.. IMO Kelsay was somewhat limited because of Ryan Denney being conservative or just non effective in QB pressure.. Sure Denney can tackle and seemed to make most of our tackles last season, but that's not our RE's need.... Outta the unit i see it like this--
      -Stroud = the beast and pressence.
      -Kyle WIlliams = the up & coming star. i like em!
      -Schobel- the once was. fan hopefull.
      -Maybin- unknown hypeness due to #11 pick.
      --Kelsay- stable nothing memorable good nor bad.
      --Denney- no upside depth.

--==-- Wonder why this units depth hasn't been upgraded much? Is Kelsay that awesome at practice? I'm unsure about this unit, although i am a homer and stand by them(94,90,95 etc)..
      GO BILLS!!! NE
      Magical Trevor

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

best hyphen usage in the history of the zone.
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• DrGraves
          • Mar 2008

I think our pass rush will be worse than last years... Schobel and Kelsay are a year older, Maybin is young and inexperienced. I don't see how any of that translates into more pressure on the QB

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

Maybin officially 58

Aaron Maybin took number 58 as soon as he arrived at One Bills Drive in late April, but it wasn’t certain as to whether he’d be able to keep the number since he is a defensive end. But with several other defensive ends in the league with a number in the 50’s Buffalobills.com has learned that Maybin will be able to wear 58 as he gained league permission to do so.

Typically linebackers and offensive linemen are the only players permitted to wear jersey numbers in the 50’s, but this league rule hasn’t been overwhelmingly stringent. John Abraham is just one example of a defensive end that dons a number in the 50’s. Still the Bills went through the proper league channels to ensure Maybin as a defensive end would be able to wear it without any repercussions.

So it’s set in stone Maybin is 58.

Comment

• The Spaz
              • Mar 2003

Jackson putting in extra work on receiving skills

As we mentioned in last week’s Fan Friday, Fred Jackson has been split out an awful lot in these OTA practices. Whether it’s in the slot or out wide Jackson has seen a heavy dose of receiver work, which is interesting considering the depth that the Bills have at the position already. And Jackson wasn’t resting on his laurels Tuesday.

After practice was over, Jackson stayed out for an extra 20 minutes catching passes from Trent Edwards and running routes. It’s obvious the offensive staff thinks a lot of his receiving game so he apparently wants to be fully prepared for what could be an expanded receiving role.

Comment

• kid mickey
                • Apr 2009

There wasn't wasn't any good info. Training camp in Rochester is where the real fun is going to be. I'm going to try to make it up there at least once.
                Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DrGraves
                  I think our pass rush will be worse than last years... Schobel and Kelsay are a year older, Maybin is young and inexperienced. I don't see how any of that translates into more pressure on the QB
                  Schobel could hardly be worse than he was last year since he missed most of the season and was hobbled with an injury when he did play. Kelsay is still in his prime, not that his play is anything to get excited about. Chris Ellis has at least a chance to contribute this season, though he's a virtual unknown as far as his ability to play as a pro.

I think the pass rush will be better, but I don't know how much better. Five more sacks would help, ten more would be great.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• elltrain22
                    • Sep 2003

WTF is wrong w/ Schobel??? I swear ever since we paid that dickweed he's gotten so effin lazy. I hope I'm wrong, but I really don't see him helping us much this year.
                    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• The Spaz
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by elltrain22
                      WTF is wrong w/ Schobel??? I swear ever since we paid that dickweed he's gotten so effin lazy. I hope I'm wrong, but I really don't see him helping us much this year.
                      I want Schobel to succeed because it helps the team but I think that as well. He says he is healthy. The guy didn't play more than half the year last year and now he is sitting. Now you know why he isn't a captain and Kelsay is. Say what you want about Kelsays play but he shows up to every OTA, Meeting etc. and Schobel not so much. I only say this too because it would be a big deal if TO missed an OTA. I'm not going to buy Schobel's injury thing either because he has been missing OTA's and other events before this year.
                      Last edited by The Spaz; 05-26-2009, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                        • Sep 2003

You'd think after taking last year off Schobel would be there for all of the TA's. The guy hasn't shown that he wants to put in what it takes to become a top notch DE.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

watching the videos in OTA, Trent Tends to throw wobbly balls to think that it's in doors
                          Last edited by justasportsfan; 05-26-2009, 08:31 PM.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

How "brutal" did Maybin look today?

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by DevilPaul
                              You'd think after taking last year off Schobel would be there for all of the TA's. The guy hasn't shown that he wants to put in what it takes to become a top notch DE.
                              Schob never shows up for OTA's, and we'll have to see what he does in the summer.
                              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

Working...
                              X