PDA

View Full Version : The Media Frustrates Me

The Juice Is Loose
05-27-2009, 08:03 AM
They commit half their show every week, whether its ESPN, NFLN, whatever....They waste half their show on stupid stuff. Now that camps are going, can't we get down to football?

I understand Favre is a big deal. And Vick and bla bla bla. Can't the drama get left behind? Lets get more camp footage, more practice details, MORE FOOTBALL TALK!

I get 3 plays from yesterday's practice and that's it. Its like, is this about football or about the soap opera behind the scenes? Cuz I sure as hell prefer football!

BillsFanInMass
05-27-2009, 08:07 AM
I agree 100% well said.

justasportsfan
05-27-2009, 08:13 AM
I stop watching NFLN too . Waste of time. I'll just wait til' preseason starts.

psubills62
05-27-2009, 08:14 AM
Agreed, Juice. The only real sports channels I get are ESPN and ESPN2, and the only times they talk about football, it's either Favre or Vick.

Seriously, they can't find, oh I don't know, people who ARE ACTUALLY PLAYING FOOTBALL to talk about?

ddaryl
05-27-2009, 08:19 AM
I've serioulsy gave up watching ESPN and the NFL network total access.

all I care about is the X's and O's...

Jeff1220
05-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Playbook on NFLN is an awesome show. Of course that's mostly on during the season.

seanbillsfan
05-27-2009, 10:28 AM
They commit half their show every week, whether its ESPN, NFLN, whatever....They waste half their show on stupid stuff. Now that camps are going, can't we get down to football?

I understand Favre is a big deal. And Vick and bla bla bla. Can't the drama get left behind? Lets get more camp footage, more practice details, MORE FOOTBALL TALK!

I get 3 plays from yesterday's practice and that's it. Its like, is this about football or about the soap opera behind the scenes? Cuz I sure as hell prefer football!
I agree with you, but its only may. There really isnt much to talk about

BillsWin
05-27-2009, 10:40 AM
I agree with this thread. :up:

feldspar
05-27-2009, 03:35 PM
I watched NFL Live yesterday on ESPN...at least I started watching it half-way through. They talked about Brett Favre and T.O., and that's it. I wouldn't have been able to believe it if it didn't happen all the time. What a piece of crap.

NFL Live isn't even on when it is scheduled to be half the time, either.

The Juice Is Loose
05-27-2009, 06:34 PM
I realize it's may, but there are 32 teams working out and practicing and they all have 60-80 players ACTUALLY PLAYING FOOTBALL, GETTING HURT, LEARNING THE ROPES...etc.

All the media cares about is the soap opera, and I guess it's our fault for watching the crap. I could make a 2 hour show every day covering team's camps. Come on.

Things people could talk about on sports shows other than Favre and Vick:

Free agents on new teams (TO, Greer, Peters, Haynesworth, Bart Scott, just to name a few)

Rookies getting used to their camp. I hear about Matt Stafford up and down and then he gets drafted, actually gets into the NFL, starts practicing and he drops off the map. I want to know how he's doing.

Same with Orakpo, and Sanchez, and Oher, and Ayers and all the other rookies. Talk about that.

How about talking about new coaches on their new teams? KC, NYJ, STL, just to name a few.

How about talking about quarterbacks that are up and coming in the NFL? Trent, how's Cutler doing with the Bears so far? Hows Orton doing in Denver?

But I know what Favre ate for breakfast yesterday and I know what model of ankle monitor Vick is wearing. WTF?!?!

Mitchell55
05-27-2009, 08:02 PM
Anyone notice that they showed McGees injury on ESPN. If it werent for TO being the one to fall on him, we wouldve never saw it on TV

Bling
05-27-2009, 08:30 PM
Anyone notice that they showed McGees injury on ESPN. If it werent for TO being the one to fall on him, we wouldve never saw it on TV

That's because McGee is a mediocre at best CB. From a financial standpoint, Wilson did a great job bringing in TO. Finally gives the worst team in the AFC East some exposure.