PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Brady may be ready for the opener

Cntrygal
05-27-2009, 08:52 AM
There have been numerous signs that the NFL MVP in 2007 would be ready for the season opener Sept. 14 against the Buffalo Bills.

In an interview for this week’s issue of Sports Illustrated, Brady said he has no pain or restrictions in his movement when he runs and cuts.

He was quoted as saying that he is “as confident as anyone could be that I’ll be ready to play, back to playing normally, when the season starts.

link (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/30945446/)

billogic99
05-27-2009, 09:06 AM
Sure he doesn't, no pain no issues. He's Tom Brady he heals faster and stronger than any QB in the league. Whatever, we'll see. I don't believe a damn word that comes out of that organization.

trapezeus
05-27-2009, 09:07 AM
i actually saw him in the OTA's on SC yesterday. he dropped back really slowly. he wasn't throwing with any force. He literally looked like he was just warming up his arm.

He is saying everything he's suppose to say, but if that small snippet of SC is accurate to where he is right now, his leg is still tender. That's my guess, at least.

I believe he'll start the opener, but i don't think we'll be seeing the brady of two years ago. however, i don't think we need that level of Brady is needed to beat a Jauron led Bills team.

Mr. Pink
05-27-2009, 10:03 AM
If their organization didn't think Brady would be ready to go week 1, Cassel would still be there.

The day they traded Cassel cemented their opinion that they thought with pretty much certainty that Brady would be able to go.

Not a surprise.

BillsWin
05-27-2009, 10:04 AM
I hate him.

ddaryl
05-27-2009, 10:10 AM
awesome. I wouldn't want to beat the Patriots any other way !!!! :superman:

THATHURMANATOR
05-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Who thought he wouldn't be ready?

zone
05-27-2009, 11:20 AM
I hope he is just as "ready" as Payton Manning was after his knee surgery.

OpIv37
05-27-2009, 12:18 PM
Was there really any doubts about this?

The Bills had their lucky break last year when they got to play NE without Brady twice, and they failed to capitalize on it.

As usual, we start the season 0-2 because, while there are no guarantees in sports, the Patriots beating us twice is as close to a guarantee as it gets.

trapezeus
05-27-2009, 12:48 PM
personally, i'm glad we didn't beat them last year. This town is jonesing to beat the patriots. and personally, i want to see the crowd get on the field and bring those posts down in december. It would be a great storyline, it would be such an awesome, monkey off the back feeling.

Last year wouldn't have been as much of a rush. This year, if we do it on the road, i think we'd all be super proud of the team, and if we do it at home and if there are playoff implicaations, man, that place will be buzzing!

OpIv37
05-27-2009, 12:51 PM
personally, i'm glad we didn't beat them last year. This town is jonesing to beat the patriots. and personally, i want to see the crowd get on the field and bring those posts down in december. It would be a great storyline, it would be such an awesome, monkey off the back feeling.

Last year wouldn't have been as much of a rush. This year, if we do it on the road, i think we'd all be super proud of the team, and if we do it at home and if there are playoff implicaations, man, that place will be buzzing!

As long as Bellicheck and Brady are there, we won't beat the Patriots. They're already at 11 straight wins- last year was our best (and possibly only legit) chance to keep them from winning 20 straight against us like the Fish did in the 70's.

At this point I'll take ANY victory against the Pats, even a tainted one.

BertSquirtgum
05-27-2009, 02:02 PM
i hope he is, so the bills can hurt him on national television.

DMBcrew36
05-27-2009, 02:03 PM
Was there really any doubts about this?

The Bills had their lucky break last year when they got to play NE without Brady twice, and they failed to capitalize on it.

As usual, we start the season 0-2 because, while there are no guarantees in sports, the Patriots beating us twice is as close to a guarantee as it gets.

Yeah, Brady will play, but even if he didn't we would lose.

DynaPaul
05-28-2009, 08:39 PM
He will be on the field for the opener. Whether he's ready or not remains to be seen.

Mike
05-29-2009, 12:30 AM
I hate him.

and why do you hate him?

jamze132
05-29-2009, 04:49 AM
awesome. I wouldn't want to beat the Patriots any other way !!!! :superman:
I would. I just want a win against those asshats.

Cntrygal
05-29-2009, 10:43 AM
I just want the Bills to start winning not only the games "they should".... but games that they "shouldn't".

(in short, every game would be nice :D )

PromoTheRobot
05-31-2009, 06:38 PM
Pats* = H G H.

PTR