• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • homeslice5484
    • Jul 2008

Uh Oh, Roscoe is mad!!!

McGee hurt as Owens falls on him.

Paul Hamilton Reporting
    Orchard Park, NY (WGR 550) -- Terrell Owens and Terrence McGee were running stride for stride down the sideline looking for a Trent Edwards ball. Both went up, Owens had it, McGee pulled it out and then Owens fell on top of him. McGee went to the training room as he appeared to be favoring the shoulder area. After practice, the Bills said there was no update on their CB. Owens said, "It was just a competitive play. What he was trying to do is break it up and I'm trying to make a play on it."

Owens and the offense had a tough morning because the defense blitz them all day. It forced Edwards to miss throws and as he said, "Check down" more than he'd like. Edwards was so miserable about it afterwards, he asked Owens and Lee Evans to stay late. They ran routes and talked for about 25 minutes. Owens said, "It's very, very important, especially me being new to the system. I have to get used to the way he throws the ball and he has to get used to my body language as far as when I'm going in and out of cuts. Just trying to get a sense of timing and chemistry."

Owens is still very intense during practice as he learns the system. He's been at it for ten days and he said, "I'm still learning. I'm still making mistakes which is not a surprise, but it's good. I'd rather make mistakes out here and I can learn from those mistakes."

Owens talked to Edwards a lot as they worked after practice, but he wouldn't share, "Those are our secrets." he said with a laugh.

Owens has caught a lot of crossing routes since starting OTA's which Edwards says he likes and is comfortable with. Owens consults with Evans after some plays. He said, "There is some new things that this offense is about this year, so everything is kind of new to both of us. Even though he was in the system last year, there's still some things from last year he knows better than I do so that's where that source of information comes from."

Apparently last week in the Cowboys mini camp Tony Romo refused to use Owens name. Owens said, "Dude, I could care less. I mean, if he doesn't mention my name that's fine. What about it? Bill Parcells didn't call me by my name either so what's the difference."

Outside of football, Owens is getting around Western New York OK. "I'm getting acclimated, it's been day to day and so far I've enjoyed it."

Rookie Shawn Nelson was back working with the tight ends today during the individual period. Yesterday he worked with the wide receivers.

Roscoe Parrish is back after missing two practices. He just walks with a scowl now and is refusing interviews. My guess is he wasn't happy the Bills reportedly tried to trade him or maybe he's unhappy they didn't trade him. He's never really been given a role in the offense.

With all the blitzing, many of the defensive backs had good days. Getting some nice knock downs were Reggie Corner, Ellis Lankster, McGee and Lydell Sargeant. George Wilson looked like he had one, but Jonathan Stupar took it away for the completion. Evans did beat Corner on a fade for a touchdown. That was a well thrown ball by Edwards.

Aaron Schobel is the only player not here who isn't taking college exams. Leodis McKelvin joined the walking wounded on the sideline.

I had a chance to ask Alvin Bowen about his knee. You may remember the rookie LB tore ligaments in last year's training camp and was out for the season. Bowen says there's no pain and he's been practicing 100-percent.

• SquishDaFish
    Lets GO BUFFALO!!
    • Jun 2005

Re: Uh Oh, Roscoe is mad!!!

TY for posting. Good story. But refrain from posting full articles. Not supposed to I believe.

Comment

• Dr. Pepper
      • Apr 2008

somebody call the wahhhhhmbulance for poor roscoe...

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

pure speculation. the guy could have just been having a bad day.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Sucks to be Roscoe, I guess. Then again, I could care less.

I've shelled out thousands for a losing team the last 10 years. I'm married to the laundry, not any individuals making more $$ than they're worth.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• The Spaz
            • Mar 2003

If Roscoe was that pissed he wouldn't show up at all for OTA's.

Comment

• TrEd FTW
              • Sep 2008

Paul Hamilton's known to make **** up. Take this with a grain of salt, as he is a typical WGR moron.

Comment

• guy
                • Apr 2005

screw hamilton, he's a sabres suckhole . he bashes the bills every chance he gets.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

If you are over 5' 5" Roscoe's smile could look like a frown.

Comment

• Bling
                    • Jul 2004

Maybe he's taking steroids to finally break 150 lb for the first time in his life?

Comment

• Lexwhat
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by homeslice5484
                      Aaron Schobel is the only player not here who isn't taking college exams. Leodis McKelvin joined the walking wounded on the sideline.

Nice to see that Schobel is working hard.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                        Zero for Zero!
                        • Mar 2003

I hate speculative reporting like this.

"My guess" is that Paul Hamilton is not sure what is going on and is trying to get attention.
                        Originally posted by mysticsoto
                        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                          Pinkerton's son
                          • Feb 2006

look at roscoe's pictures:

he just scowls a lot. Maybe he was angry in these pictures in anticipation of the Bills trying to trade him a year in the future!! .....pure speculation on Hamilton's part.
                          Last edited by Pinkerton Security; 05-28-2009, 08:24 AM.

Comment

• don137
                            • Jul 2002

I don't know if Roscoe is angry or not but the fact is when given a chance in the offense Parrish has done very little. He has no one to blame but himself.

Comment

• M
                              • Aug 2006

A frowning Roscoe makes him look a little tougher than his 5'5" body suggests.
                              Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

Working...
                              X