PDA

View Full Version : Uh Oh, Roscoe is mad!!!

homeslice5484
05-27-2009, 05:01 PM
McGee hurt as Owens falls on him.

Paul Hamilton Reporting
Orchard Park, NY (WGR 550) -- Terrell Owens and Terrence McGee were running stride for stride down the sideline looking for a Trent Edwards ball. Both went up, Owens had it, McGee pulled it out and then Owens fell on top of him. McGee went to the training room as he appeared to be favoring the shoulder area. After practice, the Bills said there was no update on their CB. Owens said, "It was just a competitive play. What he was trying to do is break it up and I'm trying to make a play on it."

Owens and the offense had a tough morning because the defense blitz them all day. It forced Edwards to miss throws and as he said, "Check down" more than he'd like. Edwards was so miserable about it afterwards, he asked Owens and Lee Evans to stay late. They ran routes and talked for about 25 minutes. Owens said, "It's very, very important, especially me being new to the system. I have to get used to the way he throws the ball and he has to get used to my body language as far as when I'm going in and out of cuts. Just trying to get a sense of timing and chemistry."

Owens is still very intense during practice as he learns the system. He's been at it for ten days and he said, "I'm still learning. I'm still making mistakes which is not a surprise, but it's good. I'd rather make mistakes out here and I can learn from those mistakes."

Owens talked to Edwards a lot as they worked after practice, but he wouldn't share, "Those are our secrets." he said with a laugh.

Owens has caught a lot of crossing routes since starting OTA's which Edwards says he likes and is comfortable with. Owens consults with Evans after some plays. He said, "There is some new things that this offense is about this year, so everything is kind of new to both of us. Even though he was in the system last year, there's still some things from last year he knows better than I do so that's where that source of information comes from."

Apparently last week in the Cowboys mini camp Tony Romo refused to use Owens name. Owens said, "Dude, I could care less. I mean, if he doesn't mention my name that's fine. What about it? Bill Parcells didn't call me by my name either so what's the difference."

Outside of football, Owens is getting around Western New York OK. "I'm getting acclimated, it's been day to day and so far I've enjoyed it."

Rookie Shawn Nelson was back working with the tight ends today during the individual period. Yesterday he worked with the wide receivers.

Roscoe Parrish is back after missing two practices. He just walks with a scowl now and is refusing interviews. My guess is he wasn't happy the Bills reportedly tried to trade him or maybe he's unhappy they didn't trade him. He's never really been given a role in the offense.

With all the blitzing, many of the defensive backs had good days. Getting some nice knock downs were Reggie Corner, Ellis Lankster, McGee and Lydell Sargeant. George Wilson looked like he had one, but Jonathan Stupar took it away for the completion. Evans did beat Corner on a fade for a touchdown. That was a well thrown ball by Edwards.

Aaron Schobel is the only player not here who isn't taking college exams. Leodis McKelvin joined the walking wounded on the sideline.

I had a chance to ask Alvin Bowen about his knee. You may remember the rookie LB tore ligaments in last year's training camp and was out for the season. Bowen says there's no pain and he's been practicing 100-percent.

SquishDaFish
05-27-2009, 05:12 PM
TY for posting. Good story. But refrain from posting full articles. Not supposed to I believe.

Dr. Pepper
05-27-2009, 05:13 PM
somebody call the wahhhhhmbulance for poor roscoe...

Tatonka
05-27-2009, 05:28 PM
pure speculation. the guy could have just been having a bad day.

Night Train
05-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Sucks to be Roscoe, I guess. Then again, I could care less.

I've shelled out thousands for a losing team the last 10 years. I'm married to the laundry, not any individuals making more $$ than they're worth.

The Spaz
05-27-2009, 05:46 PM
If Roscoe was that pissed he wouldn't show up at all for OTA's.

TrEd FTW
05-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Paul Hamilton's known to make **** up. Take this with a grain of salt, as he is a typical WGR moron.

guy
05-27-2009, 07:20 PM
screw hamilton, he's a sabres suckhole . he bashes the bills every chance he gets.

HHURRICANE
05-27-2009, 08:22 PM
If you are over 5' 5" Roscoe's smile could look like a frown.

Bling
05-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Maybe he's taking steroids to finally break 150 lb for the first time in his life? :D

Lexwhat
05-27-2009, 09:30 PM
Aaron Schobel is the only player not here who isn't taking college exams. Leodis McKelvin joined the walking wounded on the sideline.

Nice to see that Schobel is working hard.

:rolleyes:

Dr. Lecter
05-27-2009, 10:05 PM
I hate speculative reporting like this.

"My guess" is that Paul Hamilton is not sure what is going on and is trying to get attention.

Pinkerton Security
05-28-2009, 08:23 AM
look at roscoe's pictures:

http://bp3.blogger.com/_qVbNSvii4uc/R7iitDhhv0I/AAAAAAAAAf4/iVpiuqiR4UA/s320/roscoe_parrish.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k148/CopperJJ/05%20TH%20Football%20scans/Roscoe_Parrish_A.jpg

he just scowls a lot. Maybe he was angry in these pictures in anticipation of the Bills trying to trade him a year in the future!! .....pure speculation on Hamilton's part.

don137
05-28-2009, 08:24 AM
I don't know if Roscoe is angry or not but the fact is when given a chance in the offense Parrish has done very little. He has no one to blame but himself.

M
05-28-2009, 08:30 AM
A frowning Roscoe makes him look a little tougher than his 5'5" body suggests.

bigbub2352
05-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Hamilton should stick to hockey, i cant stand him on the radio, that being said have a nice day Roscoe he is an overpaid skill player nothing more

Oaf
05-28-2009, 12:14 PM
We have
Evans
Owens
Reed
Parrish
Johnson
Hardy
Jenkins

Parrish will either have to prove that his offensive value is more than Jenkins ST value or he will not be on the roster day 1. If you ask me, we have more than capable gunners/covermen and would be perfectly fine with out Jenkins who hasn't been a chance on offense for a reason apparently. I say we never can have enough talent at WR and since we're in no position to cut Roscoe for salary reasons, I think we should keep him.

mercyrule
05-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Second source - with quotes.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/05/28/parrish-frustrated-wants-to-do-more-on-offense/

Parrish frustrated, wants to do more on offense

Chris Brown
Posted May 28th, 2009
Tags: OTAs (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/tag/otas/), Roscoe Parrish (http://blogs.buffalobills.com/tag/roscoe-parrish/)
With Josh Reed not in attendance at practice, Roscoe Parrish had more opportunities to make plays in the passing game Thursday. But Parrish is convinced that when the full receiving corps is on hand he’s viewed as a substitute on offense and nothing more. Parrish believes he’s a legitimate NFL receiver, but going into his fifth season he’s convinced the opportunity to prove he can make a difference on offense won’t happen with the Bills.

“It’s a tough situation that I’m coming into and as of right now I’m just coming in and know my main role is punt return and I know I made a couple of plays today because Josh Reed wasn’t here and if he was here I probably wouldn’t have made the plays,” said Parrish. ”It’s just… I’m just trying to take advantage of my opportunities and that’s all I can really say about it. It is what it is.”

When asked what it is that he can do to convince the coaching staff that he can be a bona fide wideout that makes plays for an offense, Parrish seemed at his wits end.

“I feel like there’s not too much more that I can do,” said Parrish. ”This is my fifth year and they’ve seen me and they know my ability and what I can do and if I’m given the opportunity, it’s just that I haven’t been given the opportunity.

“In the NFL it’s all about opportunity. If you give a guy an opportunity in the NFL he’s probably going to make plays. If you don’t give a guy an opportunity then you’ll never know the ability of what he can do.

“As far me I know I’m a true receiver, but going on my fifth year most people probably don’t see that,” Parrish said. ”Maybe if I was to go to another team, I’m not saying I want to, but I might blossom more as a receiver.

“But right now all I can control is what I do on special teams and I’ve done a good job at that. I’ve been in the NFL a few years and I’m going to keep doing the same thing and if that’s what keeps me in the NFL that’s what I’m going to do and what I’m going to stay on top of. As far as receiver there’s nothing more I can do about that. I can’t control my own destiny with that.”
Knowing there were reports of trade talk involving Parrish this offseason, he was further asked if he was disappointed he wasn’t traded, and this was his response.

“No, not really,” Parrish said. ”I don’t want to put too much emphasis on that. That’s all I’m going to say about it.”

mybills
05-28-2009, 01:02 PM
Screw them, is my boy ok or not? :sadwalk:

Romes
05-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Buffalo News story on the same issue.

http://www.buffalonews.com/452/story/685530.html

HHURRICANE
05-31-2009, 12:59 PM
Uhhh Roscoe, you had your shot last year and you sucked. Now you are saying you are an NFL receiver and shouldn't be pushed back in the lineup?

Whatever.

Captain Obvious
05-31-2009, 04:50 PM
Screw them, is my boy ok or not? :sadwalk:

You seem to have a affinity for mediocre football players

Mr. Pink
06-01-2009, 04:20 AM
Who cares?

It wouldn't matter one way or another if he was here this year or not.

Go be pissy about your role Roscoe, you're extremely replaceable...even by players that are on the roster currently.

Oaf
06-01-2009, 04:43 AM
It remains to be seen what separates Parrish from Hester/Avery/Jackson type production. Why can't he be used like they are?

Jan Reimers
06-01-2009, 07:37 AM
It's funny, but many blame Roscoe's size for his ineffectiveness. But there have been quite a few 5'9"/170 lb.-type wideouts who've had successful receiving careers in the NFL. I just think Parrish lacks the separation and route running skills to be an effective WR. The question then becomes, is he worth a roster spot based soley on his punt returning ability?

Luisito23
06-01-2009, 07:43 AM
The question then becomes, is he worth a roster spot based soley on his punt returning ability?

Most definitely Jan! besides we've kept scrubs 100 X's worst than him based on their special teams contributions.

mercyrule
06-01-2009, 07:46 AM
You gotta take your chances when you get them. I like the kid but he should have channelled that pissy into impressing them already.

mybills
06-01-2009, 09:56 AM
You seem to have a affinity for mediocre football players
Super McGee is far from mediocre!

justasportsfan
06-01-2009, 10:15 AM
I just think Parrish lacks the separation and route running skills to be an effective WR.

that could be a huge possibility Jan but I also won't ignore the possibility that the staff doesn't know what they're doing with Parrish either. Even Evans was nothing great so I can't expect Parrish to do much.

It's not hard to get lost in the shuffle when Trent has to look for Evans first and then dink to his favorite target in Josh Reed.Trent hasn't even found Evans whenever he's open so I don't think he'll be able to find Parrish either.