PDA

View Full Version : Fred and Marshawn

The Juice Is Loose
05-28-2009, 08:02 AM
I was calling for this when we had McGahee/Henry.

Why the hell can't we put both running backs on the field at the same time? I know they are planning it this year and I'm very excited. Think of it, if they are split, how do you know where they are going?

Fred proved to us last year that, at least on an outside run where he wouldn't have to take on a D-tackle, the man can block and be a serviceable full back.

Think of it. Two backs, Fred motions out wide. That takes a guy away from the line, at least mentally.

How can these teams cover TO, Lee, Fred, Marshawn and our new TE and Josh Reed/Roscoe Parrish at the same time?

I'm excited to see short throws turning into big plays. How did teams beat our pass rush last year? Quick passes. I don't care that our linemen are young, because I think they are smart. If you know its a quick pass, you can protect.

If we can balance our play calling, mix the run and pass, and play it safe some of the time by throwing quickly, its going to tire out the defense and neutralize the pass rush.

I'm very excited for our offense this year. We are the Bengals of 06 as far as I'm concerned. We're going to the playoffs.

WeAreArthurMoates
05-28-2009, 08:06 AM
Ya I would love it, put them in the pro split and you can motion either one out wide. Plus, Freddy has shown that he can be that lead full back in running plays.

justasportsfan
05-28-2009, 08:12 AM
2 back set isn't gonna fool anyone in the AFCE if you can't even run a simple play- action well which we don't.We barely ever run it to begin with.

Captain gameboy
05-28-2009, 08:21 AM
Justa.
I am growing ever more concerned about your attitudinal decay in the post-Losman era.

Before you "Op-out," would you be receptive to a homer intervention?

We care man.......We care.

justasportsfan
05-28-2009, 08:30 AM
Justa.
I am growing ever more concerned about your attitudinal decay in the post-Losman era.

Before you "Op-out," would you be receptive to a homer intervention?

We care man.......We care.

I just made an observation which is in fact the truth. It's got nothing to do with Losman.3 years of nothing under this staff and thats what I'm going with. It's not like we even improved last year . As a matter of fact we regressed to being AFCE's *****. If people love being *****es to any team especially the fins then that's their perogative. I guess they've accepted being *****es.

Like I said, I'm done defending this staff. Bringing in TO does nothing but make the team look yummy to homers. THey haven't produced anything to make me think we can go all the way to the sb which is the goal . Not playoffs.

bigbub2352
05-28-2009, 10:02 AM
alot of offenses in the league put all there playmakers on the feild at the same times they can it is called winning football, something Turk needs to read up on

There should be a bunch of formations with Freddy and Lynch in there, also should have more dual TE with Nelson and Fine, and Schouman in as FB/HB with either Lynch or Freddy back there and throw out of that formation instead of run the ball up the Centers ass

Joe Fo Sho
05-28-2009, 08:53 PM
How can these teams cover TO, Lee, Fred, Marshawn and our new TE and Josh Reed/Roscoe Parrish at the same time?

Well one of those guys will have to be on the sideline, unless we take Trent out of the game. But otherwise, it's unstoppable.

Mr. Pink
05-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Because if you run out of that formation, you have no lead blocking back?

Runs would get stymied no matter who gets the ball without a lead blocker.

If all you do is mostly pass out of the formation it doesn't disguise the playcall well.

Simple reasons why putting two HBs in the backfield at the same time isn't a viable idea.

yordad
05-28-2009, 09:37 PM

If all you do is mostly pass out of the formation it doesn't disguise the playcall well.

Simple reasons why putting two HBs in the backfield at the same time isn't a viable idea.I see what your saying.... but it seems like you only see an I formation. I want them going opposite directions and I want a QB that can decide between the multiple options. You can always swing Jackson right or left. Split backs. 4 wide. Either way, their FB sucks anyways.

Just imagine....... Bills come out with 2 wide, and two in the backfield. The Patriots come out in their base 3-4. Then the Bills call an audible and Jackson and Lynch swing out to each slot. Lol, now they are 4 wide vs a 2 CB set.

Now, I am not sold on Lynch going deep, but he has been effective in short crossing routes (the Cleveland MNG comes to mind, vaguely). Jackson however can take a deep crossing route the distance, while running over a free safety; in other words, he can be a legit threat.

Oh, I forgot to mention the two on the outside commanding respect are Lee Evans and T.O.

They even got the most athletic tight end (R-Nelson) they have ever had.

The potential is limitless. This doesn't have to be a base or anything, but IMO, you do what you can to get your talent on the feild.

But, if you would rather have McIntyre on that feild then Jackson, I am sure your not alone. But, IMO, the guy gets in the way more then he paves one.

jamze132
05-29-2009, 05:23 AM

Simple reasons why putting two HBs in the backfield at the same time isn't a viable idea.
It's extremely viable.

With so many playmakers on the field and two very capabable backs in the backfield, it forces the defense to play man instead of zone. There aren't too many DBs in the NFL who can keep up with Lee on a fly pattern one-on-one.

It also allows for a LB to be lined up one-on-one against either Lynch or Jackson, who can burn just about any LB in man coverage.