PDA

View Full Version : Look at these coaches

Prov401
05-28-2009, 09:42 AM
I love the Bills, and would love for them to have a winning season, make the playoffs, etc. etc. But wow, look at these coaches that are going to be out there next off-season. Brian Billick, Mike Holmgren (already expressed interest in possibly coaching again), Mike Shanahan, Jon Gruden, Bill Cowher (probably Dallas bound),....All have rings, all are great. On minor notes.. Mike Martz, Herman Edwards, Romeo Crennel. Not saying I'd want the previous three, just noting. Like I said, hopefully we're not looking for one of these guys, because that would mean the Bills are doing good. Just making a thread :idunno:

psubills62
05-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Hm I haven't heard anything about Cowher and Dallas. I would imagine he'd be more inclined to coach Carolina, since I believe that's his home state (and he even proclaimed his fanhood for the Carolina Hurricanes over the Pittsburgh Penguins).

But I agree, there are a lot of very good coaches out there. You didn't even mention Tony Dungy.

LtFinFan66
05-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Well, he can root for the Pens now

bigbub2352
05-28-2009, 10:28 AM
Coaching is gonna be the biggest problem this team will face this year DJ and the whole staff should have been fired after what they did last yr, Bobby April is the only coach on the staff worth a damn
Our top guys like Brandon Guy and Modrak also should have been replaced and we should be rebuilding right now
instead they signed TO to sell tickets and give us false hope for another year

OpIv37
05-28-2009, 10:33 AM
*sigh... here we go again.

I don't think Jauron is a very good coach and in the long run I think it'll be better if we replace him. But if we do, that means that a) I'm right about 2009 and it'll be another lackluster season and b) it'll be more rebuilding- we're rebuilding as it is and the changes will be even more significant.

It's lose/lose for this team- either keep a coach who isn't good enough or extend a 10 year rebuilding cycle by another two or three years.

In the past, people have gotten upset with me when I complained about a coaching selection immediately after it was made, giving me the "just give him a chance" lecture. Well, the last 3 coaches have been terrible choices, leading to 3-4 mediocre (or worse) seasons followed by more rebuilding followed by the same cycle repeating himself. It's ****ing Groundhog Day for this team, and it will continue to be Groundhog Day until there are wholesale changes in the FO and coaching staff.

justasportsfan
05-28-2009, 11:07 AM
Coaching is gonna be the biggest problem this team will face this year DJ and the whole staff should have been fired after what they did last yr, Bobby April is the only coach on the staff worth a damn
Our top guys like Brandon Guy and Modrak also should have been replaced and we should be rebuilding right now
instead they signed TO to sell tickets and give us false hope for another year

Dick had excuses for Trent that "he's young and hasn't seen a whole lot of defensive looks yet. "he's still learning"

Matt Ryan didn't need that excuse ,same with Flacco.
That was an excuse to bail Turk out.

Trent has all the weapons a qb could possibly want but I'm sure we could find another excuse like a "young OL that's been overhauled and they're still learning" to pop up at some point to bail out the coaches again.

Defensively, Dick could easily use Maybins inexperience as an excuse to hide the rest of his mistaken decisions like Ellison(and others) and his decision to stay in love with the cover 2.

soapman
05-28-2009, 01:59 PM
LOL @ this one. so what all those coaches are available. Turk or some other bargain will be the new HC.

lmcshadow
05-28-2009, 09:54 PM
And the survay said.........sounds like a winner

TigerJ
05-28-2009, 10:27 PM
I'm officially boycotting the head coach issue until the next offseason.

jamze132
05-29-2009, 04:53 AM
I'm officially boycotting the head coach issue until the next offseason.
I'll keep it quiet until we are eliminated from playoff contention around WK 6-8.

Night Train
05-29-2009, 05:07 AM
Bobby April will be our next coach.