PDA

View Full Version : Is Schobel good anymore?

kid mickey
05-28-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm not feeling his commitment or desire to this football team

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/186173-o-schobel-schobel-where-art-thou-schobel

bigbub2352
05-28-2009, 01:52 PM
nope, i think we got screwed on this one folks, he is never here, never does anything for the community is real cocky in his interviews, i think he is just here to collect a check and has been for about 3 yrs now
never was a fan of his garbage time sacks either

billsfanone
05-28-2009, 01:55 PM
I never thought he was good at all. He racks up sacks in garbage time. He was never a presence.

Bulldog
05-28-2009, 02:00 PM
I think Schobel is a good player. Probably not worth what the Bills are paying him, but as a whole he's pretty solid. But his lack of participation in the off season program is really starting to piss me off a little bit. Memo to Schobel, you didn't have the best of seasons last year and it would be really nice to see you attend a couple of these voluntary OTA's. I've always had the impression that Schobel is here for a paycheck, nothing more. I've felt that way since he asked Kelsay how much money they made after Buffalo signed Kelsay to his deal. His act is getting old.

OpIv37
05-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Overpaid and overrated. He checked out after he got his payday.

kid mickey
05-28-2009, 02:07 PM
couldn't agree more with OP on that

SABURZFAN
05-28-2009, 02:13 PM
he's definitely on the downside of his career.

yordad
05-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Overpaid and overrated. He checked out after he got his payday.Yeah, nuff said for me too.

TheMan08
05-28-2009, 02:42 PM
I'll judge after this season. He was hurt last year, so i'll throw that out, and he basically had one bad year. Just cause a guy had 1 bad year you can't say it is cause he was paid. If it happens this year again, i'll agree.

mayotm
05-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Schobel hasn't been a star, but has been above average for most of his career.

OpIv37
05-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Schobel hasn't been a star, but was above average before he got his big payday.

I fixed it for you.

mayotm
05-28-2009, 02:58 PM
I fixed it for you.Fair enough, but I'll wait until this year to completely write him off.

more cowbell
05-28-2009, 03:51 PM
schobel and kelsay are the reasons why this team has no pass rush. they both completely suck and are paid like top flight defensive ends

ChristopherWalken
05-28-2009, 03:57 PM
I expect he would bookend a premier DE well but alone, he's no star. Assuming the Bills do well this season, I see DE being addressed early in the draft next year as well.

FlyingDutchman
05-28-2009, 06:21 PM
He was never good IMO and I never understood why people thought he was

elltrain22
05-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Overpaid and overrated. He checked out after he got his payday.

pretty much!! :posrep:

theanswer74
05-28-2009, 06:57 PM
When 7 sacks is a bad season, I think your pretty good.

Last year he was leading our team in tackles for loss before he got hurt. Schobel haters are funny to me. We haven't had a defensive player that could even be compared to Schobel rushing the passer over the last 8 years.

FlyingDutchman
05-28-2009, 07:06 PM
We haven't had a defensive player that could even be compared to Schobel rushing the passer over the last 8 years.

is that supposed to be a good thing?

theanswer74
05-28-2009, 08:08 PM
is that supposed to be a good thing?

Does it sound like a good thing?

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
05-29-2009, 02:23 PM
Yeah, he was pretty solid until he got his paycheck. He sucks now.

Mudflap1
05-29-2009, 02:29 PM
I never thought Schobel was cocky or a jerk. More like aloof.

He was a good player up until two years ago, then he definitely had a lackluster year. I was looking forward to him bouncing back last season, but of course he was injured. I think he can still be a good player, but he needs to show it this coming season, or he's going to be out of a job, and most teams are going to view him as washed up. So it's in his interest to come on strong.

TigerJ
05-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Schobel has never been one of the more dedicated Bills as far as the OTAs are concerned. What he does do well is show discipline as far as conditioning is concerned. When he decides on a target weight, he will report to camp at that weight, and he will be fit.

There is no arguing that at the moment he looks like he's being grossly overpaid. I don't expect he's going to ever have a 14 sack season again. I would be reasonable happy if he managed 10 sacks. I really don't know if he's capable of that at this point in his career, but he really should be capable of making a lot more sacks than he's made. If he blows again this season, the Bills may decide he's near enough to the end of his contract to dump him and eat the dead cap money it'll cost against the cap.

yordad
05-29-2009, 10:51 PM
Last year he was leading our team in tackles for loss before he got hurt. He played Left End. Of course he did. I know you noticed how little the others produced.

DynaPaul
05-30-2009, 10:24 PM
If he doesn't put up double digit sack numbers this year we should cut him and move on to something else. He's not worth the cash.

Jan Reimers
05-31-2009, 08:24 AM
Schobel has never been a team leader, has never been much involved with the Bills' offseason conditioning program or voluntary workouts - or with his teammates, for that matter - and has never contributed in any meaningful way to the community.

He has been a good, but not a great, player. Age and injuries are catching up with him, too, so I would expect him to be a decent contributor this year, but not a major factor in a Bills' turnaround.