PDA

View Full Version : The Patriots issues 96 media credentials today...

Ickybaluky
05-28-2009, 02:19 PM
... for a friggin' OTA. Representatives from ESPN.com, NFL Network, Washington Post, New York Times, Foxsports.com and CBSSports.com were there. 5 local TV stations broadcasted live from the OTA for their noon broadcast.

All to see Tom Brady throw to guys in shorts during an offseason practice.

The NFL hype machine is alive and well.

The King
05-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Espn had these as headlines today...

Brady throws and stretches in light rain.

Brady In full View" "Curtain rises on star"

The King
05-28-2009, 02:55 PM
Healing Like a Captain

The King
05-28-2009, 02:57 PM
currently his name is referenced in 5 headlines on the NFL page.

The King
05-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Up to 7 now.

psubills62
05-28-2009, 03:50 PM
Wow. The guy is seriously a deity to the media now. It's become a joke. SI's cover was Tom Brady with a quote about him being 100%. Because there's nothing else more important going on now than NFL practices in shorts with no hitting? There's no playoffs in basketball or hockey, and there's no battles in divisional baseball? Come on...

That's great that he's recovering, but the thing is that injuries happen every day in the NFL and more often than not to players who have had previous injuries. Even if he recovers fully, there's no guarantee he'll last all 16 games (not that I'm rooting for him to get injured again in any way).

I would just find it really hilarious if ESPN, SI, NFL.com, etc. did all these "comeback" and "great story" pieces on Brady, only to have him get hurt in Week 3.

Michael82
05-28-2009, 10:25 PM
**** Brady! I'm already so sick of him and hate the fact that we gotta play him on his first game back. I'm sure that is all the announcers will be talking about. :puke:

OpIv37
05-29-2009, 08:21 AM
this first game is going to be a nightmare- it's going to be the Bruschi return 10x. I may have to watch it with the sound off. Thanks, NFL and ESPN for ruining the season opener for us.

Come on, even Pats fans are complaining about the obsessive Brady coverage. Give it a rest, people- there are 31 other teams and hundreds of other players. Just get over it already.

Bills Juggernaut
05-29-2009, 08:25 AM
this first game is going to be a nightmare- it's going to be the Bruschi return 10x. I may have to watch it with the sound off. Thanks, NFL and ESPN for ruining the season opener for us.

Come on, even Pats fans are complaining about the obsessive Brady coverage. Give it a rest, people- there are 31 other teams and hundreds of other players. Just get over it already.

YEAH!!!!!!

Focus on the Bills and TO!!!!!

mybills
05-29-2009, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the warning..I'll be sure to not watch the local news either. :puke: