X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

CB Florence settling in

The first thing that attracted the Bills to free-agent cornerback Drayton Florence was the fact he is a seven-year NFL veteran. The coaching staff is hoping all of that experience will serve him well as he competes to become the team’s new nickel cornerback.

Defensive backs coach George Catavolos has been working with Florence during OTAs, and believes the cornerback’s time in the league gives him a competitive edge.

“He has experience, he studies the game, studies plays, and uses his past as an advantage,” Catavolos said.

As a member of the Jacksonville Jaguars last season, Florence saw plenty of action against the three other AFC South teams. This season, the Bills play all four AFC South clubs, with three (Houston, Tennessee, and Jacksonville) coming in consecutive games in November.

• Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: CB Florence settling in

it is easy to forget was a good cornerback he was for san diego. things didnt work out for him after signing the big free agent deal. i believe he had some injuries during that time as well.

he could be a nice addition.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
      he could be a nice addition.
      especially with McGee banged up
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• CoolBreeze
        • Feb 2009

I believe that one of our strong positions is cornerback. We have McKelvin, McGee, Florence, and though I may be one of the only supporters Reggie Corner. I think this year Corner will have a breakout year, and he did make his share of plays last year.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
          Knows More Than You
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by CoolBreeze
          I believe that one of our strong positions is cornerback. We have McKelvin, McGee, Florence, and though I may be one of the only supporters Reggie Corner. I think this year Corner will have a breakout year, and he did make his share of plays last year.
          Totally agree with you bro. I'm thinking Corner may end up being one hell of a player for us this season and beyond.
          BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

He's not as good as Greer, but I'm not too worried about it. I think McKelvin is ready to start with McGee, and Florence can fight it out with Corner for the nickel. If Youboty is healthy, we're in good shape at CB.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• elltrain22
              • Sep 2003

Man we got a **** load of db's.
              If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by elltrain22
                Man we got a **** load of db's.
                Several reasons for that:

1. The FO likes to select DB's in the draft at the expense of the OL and the DL.

2. One of the reasons why the FO selects so many DB's in the draft is because a lot of the picks don't work out (Simpson, Youboty, Wendling)

3. The other reason why this FO selects so many DB's in the draft is because they prefer to let DB's walk rather than pay them what they're worth. Sometimes it's a smart move (Clements), sometimes it's not (Winfield).

DB, particularly CB, is a revolving door for this organization. McGee's the only one who's had any sort of longevity at the position for us.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                  Knows More Than You
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37

1. The FO likes to select DB's in the draft at the expense of the OL and the DL.

2. One of the reasons why the FO selects so many DB's in the draft is because a lot of the picks don't work out (Simpson, Youboty, Wendling)

3. The other reason why this FO selects so many DB's in the draft is because they prefer to let DB's walk rather than pay them what they're worth. Sometimes it's a smart move (Clements), sometimes it's not (Winfield).

DB, particularly CB, is a revolving door for this organization. McGee's the only one who's had any sort of longevity at the position for us.
                  And the cycle will continue next off season...because there is NO WAY they re sign McGee who will be asking for the moon (considering the uncapped year)

The FO will assume with Florence, McKelvin and Corner under contract that we can let TM walk....whic hwill be a biiiiiiiig mistake. McGee, when healthy, is one of the top 4 best players on this team, hands down.
                  BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
                    And the cycle will continue next off season...because there is NO WAY they re sign McGee who will be asking for the moon (considering the uncapped year)

The FO will assume with Florence, McKelvin and Corner under contract that we can let TM walk....whic hwill be a biiiiiiiig mistake. McGee, when healthy, is one of the top 4 best players on this team, hands down.
                    Which is another reason why we should have traded McGee this year and signed Greer instead. I don't think Greer is better than McGee, but he's not that much worse either. This organization would have saved money this year, gotten something in return for McGee, and only lost 1 starting CB instead of both.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

Not since Modraks been more visible in our draft which unfortunately just started this year
                      sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                        Not since Modraks been more visible in our draft which unfortunately just started this year
                        and we STILL took two DB's!
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

and we STILL took two DB's!

BUt we didn't ignore nor replace DL/OL players with DB's with Modrak calling the shots.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

To sum up what you just said...

The FO sucks at scouting which makes them suck at drafting?

I'm with ya!

Comment

• Mitchell55
                              only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                              • Feb 2008

Right now we have 2 solid starters in McGee and McKelvin, then 3 NBs who can be a NB on almost any other team. Florence, Youboty, and Corner.

Comment

Working...
                              X