PDA

View Full Version : Heavier Warner takes charge of Rams

PA Season Ticket Holder
05-18-2003, 05:26 PM
Kurt Warner is back. He showed up today for the Rams' offseason minicamp and threw the ball around the Rams Park practice fields with authority.

His passes didn't wobble badly or flip end over end. Never did he grab his oft-broken right hand in pain or wince while trying to rotate his well-worn right shoulder.

He is still months away from some real tests, of course, but Warner insists he's fine. A little rusty, perhaps, but fine.

"It seems like it's been two years since I've played," Warner said after Friday's morning session. "Physically I felt good. My arm feels great. My arm feels better than it has in a long time. My hand feels awesome. No physical problems."

He followed his normal offseason routine. The only difference from a year ago is his weight; he is up to 216 pounds after he decided to regain some cushion. He no longer hides from junk food and he's not averse to slamming down a late-night snack.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/Sports/Rams/6B234994FA81D63286256D2800684B92?OpenDocument