• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Listening to Dicks presser

Asked about Reggie Corner. He says hes a guy who look like he wants to get there to make the play.

Why is that funny to me?

Yeah, from the stands, Id probably look like I want to be in there making the play.

Seriously, what in the hell is that really worth?

I know he didn't make the play... But at least he LOOKED like he wanted to.

I dont know why that struck me as such a dumb comment.

• Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
    • May 2007

Re: Listening to Dicks presser

Dick Jauron is too political to my liking. His press conferences are boring.
    I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller!

Comment

• kid mickey
      • Apr 2009

I thought it made 100% sense. Believe it or not there are a lot of players in the league that don't play as hard as they should. I think it was a solid compliment to a young player who has been making plays in OTA's the past couple of weeks.
      Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by kid mickey
        I thought it made 100% sense. Believe it or not there are a lot of players in the league that don't play as hard as they should. I think it was a solid compliment to a young player who has been making plays in OTA's the past couple of weeks.
        Wait, so the guy "looks" like he "wants" to make the play... sweet, he should have at least 70 "intended" tackles, and maybe 10 "intended" interceptions.

Hes made plays in OTA's? I'm sorry, I'm not that impressed.

What I will say is that I like the kids approach. But that may never translate into plays.

Comment

• streetkings01
          • Jul 2006

Whitner always looks like he wants to make a play!
          You can call me streetkings

Comment

• kid mickey
            • Apr 2009

The point being is that these guys are hustling out there. They are trying to be the best they can be. I think that was the point of the statement.
            Biggest Donte Whitner supporter on this entire message board...Maybe biggest Donte Whitner fan ever...Wish there was a white throwback out that I could get of you guessed it #20...

Comment

• kid mickey
              • Apr 2009

Another thing that could be said is that he wants to be in on every play and honestly that is impossible. I think what you could and should get out of that is that he has a desire to be in on every play. You took that and portrayed it the way you wanted to, if you can't see what Jauron is saying you never will.

Comment

• Mitchell55
                only another 1000 mocks due by tomorrow!
                • Feb 2008

Im sorry but you are a complete idiot (suspension comming) for taking this this way.

Dicks a idiot for saying that his CB always wants to make a play. Well what he means is he is always trying to make a interception or a play on the ball while other CBs and DBs seem to just want to stop the player. Look at McGee most of last year, he wasnt aggressive at all.

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mitchell55
                  Im sorry but you are a complete idiot (suspension comming) for taking this this way.

Dicks a idiot for saying that his CB always wants to make a play. Well what he means is he is always trying to make a interception or a play on the ball while other CBs and DBs seem to just want to stop the player. Look at McGee most of last year, he wasnt aggressive at all.
                  Am I hearing you right? Are you calling me a complete idiot?

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                    Am I hearing you right? Are you calling me a complete idiot?
                    Indeed he did

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                      Indeed he did
                      Havent I repeatedly stood up for the guy when people blasted him for making so many mock draft posts?

Et Tu Brute?

The post is logical and is FAR from lacking intelligence.

Ive been drinking, but Im kind of pissed.

I'm just wondering why I have stood up for someone that IMO brought value to the board even when he was unpopular only to be called an idiot.

Edited-------

Rise above, rise above.

Peace, calm,

OK, Im good... Im back.

I regained composure. I'm not sure I should be getting worked up over any posters opinion of my intelligence, let my record speak for itself.
                      Last edited by X-Era; 05-29-2009, 07:16 PM.

Comment

• yordad
                        • Dec 2007

Maybe it was a knock on Youboty.
                        "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Lexwhat
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BuffaloBills06
                          Whitner always looks like he wants to make a play!

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by EdwardsEra
                            Havent I repeatedly stood up for the guy when people blasted him for making so many mock draft posts?

Et Tu Brute?

The post is logical and is FAR from lacking intelligence.

Ive been drinking, but Im kind of pissed.

I'm just wondering why I have stood up for someone that IMO brought value to the board even when he was unpopular only to be called an idiot.

Edited-------

Rise above, rise above.

Peace, calm,

OK, Im good... Im back.

I regained composure. I'm not sure I should be getting worked up over any posters opinion of my intelligence, let my record speak for itself.

So can i assume you're exhausting all diplomatic means before you trash on Mitchell? :-)

i agree, jauron's comments, from another coach would be ok. but jauron doesn't take a stand on anything in his press conference. a lot of generic statements and the passivity in which he says them after crushing losses is just awful. i've said it before, but i'll say it here. he is a great pee wee coach. everyone did a good job, even whne you royally screw up he tells you want you did wrong, but sends you right back out there because we all paid the same amount to be on the field etc. but that just doesn't fly in the NFL.

not every coach has to be fiery and angry, but they have to be better at getting results than this guy. Mark Gaughn's chat on friday made me realize how weak our defense is and how much we are gambling on this new OL.

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
                              So can i assume you're exhausting all diplomatic means before you trash on Mitchell? :-)

i agree, jauron's comments, from another coach would be ok. but jauron doesn't take a stand on anything in his press conference. a lot of generic statements and the passivity in which he says them after crushing losses is just awful. i've said it before, but i'll say it here. he is a great pee wee coach. everyone did a good job, even whne you royally screw up he tells you want you did wrong, but sends you right back out there because we all paid the same amount to be on the field etc. but that just doesn't fly in the NFL.

not every coach has to be fiery and angry, but they have to be better at getting results than this guy. Mark Gaughn's chat on friday made me realize how weak our defense is and how much we are gambling on this new OL.
                              On Mitchell, absolutely Im exhausting all diplomatic means... he doesnt have nukes, and he wouldnt behead me with a fillet knife (I hope), so he gets diplomacy.

On Jaurons comment, it just sounded so stupid to me.

As it turns out all we need from our players is that they LOOK like they WANT to make the play. Not that they do make the play, just look like they want to.

I guess that means the Bills rae just fine if they look like they want to go to the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                              X