PDA

View Full Version : Pisa Tinoisamoa a Bear...

MassEffect218435
05-29-2009, 04:23 PM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/05/bears_agree_to_terms_with_pisa.html (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL)

Lovie Smith has a lot of faith in the play caller for his defense this season and the unit just added another part as linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa agreed to terms with the Bears on a one-year deal.

BillsWin
05-29-2009, 04:32 PM
Bills offered him a contract. It is his fault he liked the Bears better.

elltrain22
05-29-2009, 04:35 PM
Screw you Pisa!! You made the wrong choice. Mark my words, just like w/ Owens we'll be glad this happened come Sept.

B-DON
05-29-2009, 04:42 PM
overrated by this board anyways. with that being said, he is still an upgrade over ellison

WeAreArthurMoates
05-29-2009, 04:45 PM
Sux they got him on a one year deal, knew the dude wanted 5 or 6 mil per season.

Buddo
05-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Oh well. Sh1t happens. As with Bryant Johnson last year, I admire his confidence, but I think like Johnson, he may well regret the move in the long run. If he sticks with the Bears (as in gets another deal) then fair enough, but I doubt he will get another offer from the Bills next year.
I'm not so sure he was 'overrated', as much as being a solid starter, and therefore a good upgrade over Ellison.
Not a 'star', but a good football player of the type all teams need.

The Spaz
05-29-2009, 04:56 PM
Figures...

don137
05-29-2009, 04:58 PM
Anything is better than Ellison. He is a liability to this defense. Let's face it Pisa probable feels he has a better chance of going to the playoffs playing in the weakest dvision in football over the toughest division.

X-Era
05-29-2009, 05:04 PM
http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/05/bears_agree_to_terms_with_pisa.html (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL)

Fred Taylor is that you?

I will say this, the offseason may bring more cuts and there may be new faces that could help us.

But if we do nothing, and Im the Pats, I know which side Im running to, or throwing at.

jimbohastle51
05-29-2009, 05:12 PM
sad thing is we do not have a starting caliber player for that position on our roster. please do not rebuttle me with a bowen comment. the guy next has played a down of NFL football and was a late 5th round pick. he didnt even make it half way through training camp last year.

kid mickey
05-29-2009, 05:19 PM
Guess he wants to see what may come available after next year. Looks like the players we have will have to step it up. Harris has been working in the second team defense who knows he could turn out to be a special player for us.

Luisito23
05-29-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm glad this is over with, and I could care less if he went to Chicago, or here. It got to the point where I just got sick and tired of hearing about this overrated guy, and no we can all finally move on.

Mitchell55
05-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Coles, Johnson, Pisa, Taylor

Funny how after all those players left since they didnt want to be here one of the biggest names in sports history does.

MassEffect218435
05-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Coles, Johnson, Pisa, Taylor

Funny how after all those players left since they didnt want to be here one of the biggest names in sports history does.They had choices, "one of the biggest names in sports history" didn't.

Mitchell55
05-29-2009, 06:40 PM
They had choices, "one of the biggest names in sports history" didn't.

Coles had 2, Pisa had 2, Johnson had 2, Taylor had 3. TO was on the market for 2 days and picked buffalo. He didnt even give any teams a chance to be interested. Remember, this was before the draft so alot of teams couldve been interested that we dont know about.

X-Era
05-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Coles had 2, Pisa had 2, Johnson had 2, Taylor had 3. TO was on the market for 2 days and picked buffalo. He didnt even give any teams a chance to be interested. Remember, this was before the draft so alot of teams couldve been interested that we dont know about.

Two days for TO?

Lets not get too carried away, its not like TO wouldnt have chosen any other team that offered a better chance of winning a SB or even playoff game and/or a team that offered more money...

I think we were the only game. You make it sound like he had 32 choices and chose us, when really he probably had about 1 choice.

TigerJ
05-29-2009, 08:04 PM
Tinoisomoa would have been a sure thing, more so than anyone currently with the Bills, but there is competition for the spot, and there is a chance either Bowen or Harris will beat out Ellison. I assume that will mean the new starter is better than Ellison.

yordad
05-29-2009, 08:10 PM
My source was right!!!

Oh, here is an NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8109130a&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true) link.

Goobylal
05-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Without knowing what the Bills offered, what he accepted from the Bears, and what his true motivations were, I won't comment on the situation. It's disappointing, but hopefully the Bills find a better OLB.

yordad
05-29-2009, 08:27 PM
According to my inside source, he is going to sign elsewhere for less money, a shorter contract, and no guarented starting job. I am awesome!! Special secret link (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=2906979&postcount=5)!

My inside source is 5 for 5!! Eat your heart out Pat! LOL

casdhf
05-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Maybe he wanted a one-year deal only. A big season in Chicago = a bigger payday somewhere else.

Buddo
05-30-2009, 04:23 AM
Maybe he wanted a one-year deal only. A big season in Chicago = a bigger payday somewhere else.

While in theory that could be the case, the reality could be a lot different.
Imho, his best bet now, is for the Bears to re-sign him after this season.
The Bills will move on, of that there should be no doubt.
How many more Cover 2 teams are there that need LBs? Not so much now.
Part of his problem also, will be the distinct likelihood that the Bears will low-ball him next year, assuming he's a 'success' there.
If the Bills did offer a 3 year deal in the region of $10 million total, it could well be that he's just turned down his 'last' best contract offer.
Now, I realise he has 'stronger' ties with the Bears, in terms of previous coaches, and a recent ex-team mate in Pace, but I think you have to question the role agents play in some of these deals. Seems to me there's a very high 'gamble' factor involved here, and in certain respects an agent will do better out of a successful gamble, than his client, mainly due to the fact it doesn't necessarily cost him that much in the first instance.
At this point in time, nobody knows if there will be another CBA in place for 2010. Agents seem to be making assumptions that if there is an uncapped year, owners will suddenly 'splash the cash' all over, when I think that couldn't be farther from the truth. A few absolutely top 'stars', could cash in, but I've got a decent suspicion that the middle tier guys, of which Pisa could be counted as one, will be missing out badly. No cap doesn't only mean no ceiling on spending, it also means there is no lower level either, i.e. owners will not be forced to spend if they don't want to.

ct bills fan
05-30-2009, 10:02 AM
Derrick Brooks, where are you? I've maintained all along that he's a better option than Pisa anyway, especially for one year.

PromoTheRobot
05-30-2009, 11:09 AM
Two days for TO?

Lets not get too carried away, its not like TO wouldnt have chosen any other team that offered a better chance of winning a SB or even playoff game and/or a team that offered more money...

I think we were the only game. You make it sound like he had 32 choices and chose us, when really he probably had about 1 choice.

I will give Owens this: He didn't jerk around the Blls before signing. Maybe his agent knew no else one wanted him, but at least Owens didn't string the Bils along ala Pisa hoping for any other team to make an offer.

PTR

acehole
05-30-2009, 02:01 PM
Bottom line is ...he would have solidified the LB corp.
I am suprised he did not sign with us...but if you had
cultler,...briggs and Urlacher you would have made the
same choice. I wish him luck....we need a young guy to
step up or find another lucky cut or pick one off a practice
squad somwhere.... or do nothing...it is not the pressing need
that we have on this roster...

I will give Owens this: He didn't jerk around the Blls before signing. Maybe his agent knew no else one wanted him, but at least Owens didn't string the Bils along ala Pisa hoping for any other team to make an offer.

PTR

DynaPaul
05-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Oh well... his loss!

Mahdi
06-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Good. Didn't want him anyways.

More interested in seeing what Nic Harris can do. He is already bigger than Pisa at 234 pounds and I bet he adds a little more to that by camp.

PromoTheRobot
06-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Bottom line is ...he would have solidified the LB corp.
I am suprised he did not sign with us...but if you had
cultler,...briggs and Urlacher you would have made the
same choice. I wish him luck....we need a young guy to
step up or find another lucky cut or pick one off a practice
squad somwhere.... or do nothing...it is not the pressing need
that we have on this roster...

I hope the Bears are in last place and we win the division. F*** Pisa. Pisa S**t.

PTR

BertSquirtgum
06-01-2009, 02:49 PM
good for them. there was no sense in over paying for him and i'm sure that's just what the bears did. still i would have liked a definite upgrade over ellison. there's no way of knowing if anyone is going beat ellison for a starting position. hopefully one of the new guys or bowen will prove to be better.