PDA

View Full Version : I hope Trent doesn't crumble...

yordad
05-31-2009, 09:50 PM
I hope Trent doesn't crumble. Can you imagine the pressure he is under? A part of me wants to go into detail, but I think yall know what I mean. I bet he feels like the weight of Buffalo (the city, the team, and the animal)) is on him sometimes.

OK, I will mention a couple obvious things.

1). Big Football town with a heartbreak past
2). The playoff drought
3). TO- and alot of others to make happy
4). Year 3, the year
5). The backup kinda sucks
6). His O-tackles aren't the best
7). The offense is kind of stacked, and he is one of the biggest question mark.
8). The coaches could get axed if he doesn't pan out now.
9). His future is at stake.

OH yeah, so if the heavy pressure doesn't get him, he better not get injured. He is the key this year. I hope, but I do not believe. I would say there is a 50% chance he get injured. And, if he doesn't, there is a 40% chance he puts it together. That gives him a 20ish % chance of success in my estimation.

Root hard fellow fans. This guy could use all the support he can get right now.

mchurchfie
05-31-2009, 09:57 PM
There is a part of me that is a little wary of his mental toughness after the way he froze in that Cleveland game last year. I hope he is past that.

BidsJr
05-31-2009, 10:03 PM
You mean the one that he almost overcame by leading the team back?

ServoBillieves
05-31-2009, 11:17 PM
There are a lot of Trent doubters, but there's just something in his swagger and his ability to mentally handle the game that I know HE won't crumble, my trouble is with the offensive line.

Trent, behind a sturdy line, is (and I do mean this) Peytonesque in his confidence. Peyton had the tools and the line, but knew how to deliver to his receivers and spread the ball around. I will retract my statement due to the fact that Peyton has always had a sturdy line in front of him. If Trent can spread the ball around to Lee, Josh, T.O., Sco, and Nelson, then things will be bread and butter up in Buffalo, but without 3 seconds to find the open guy, he's got the tag on his right toe to Buffalo fans.

Marvelous
06-01-2009, 01:31 AM
Yourdad & Zoners, It's not a matter of luck or chance if Trent "MAKES" it. It's about skill/talent and it's 100% about coaching. But we all already knew this. I even think coaching err B-A-D coaching is what cost JP his career. Lets face it, we ALL knew/know JP is a very talented QB, but like SOOOO many other young QB's he never got into his comfort level and thus he never developed P--O--I--S--E.. No poise, no finesse! Did i spell "finesse" right? Finnesse? Finnese? moving on--

---Trent came out the gate his 1st few games as a rookie with a pocket poise that gave N/Y, the clean western part ;) wood.. We after all we're soooo used to pocket ******s. like deer in headlights Drew, then JP. Don't take offense to my Blasphemy but Jimbo was a MESS in the pocket his last season.. I guarantee his sack per game average that season was thee highest of his whole career. Point is that from that season on we we're soo pissed,annoyed & we we're esp frustrated....SO ENTER Trent who comes out cool & calm in the pocket..
YoDad, after last season did you notice maybe from a re-watch of games, or just a stellar memory at how much Trent struggled with finding our WR's who we're route running? I mean this as say Lee Evans running a smooth 20 yard up/fake in/run out etc..
---I think Trent Edwards struggles #1 with his check-offs.. This is why he throws to RB's soo much, and even threw many more to TE's then we we're used to. This is why Shouman shined.. And Josh Reed is now SUPER-IMPORTANT to this club because he runs short routes and Trent follows/watches his route instead of Evans who runs more deeper/complexed routes..
---This is why i wanted to see us T-R-A-D-E Lee EVans for Anquan Boldin or Lee EVans, Or Braylon Edwards.. Not because i don't love Lee Evans, or have loyalty to our guys, but it's 100% business.. It's a fact that we are sticking with Trent Edwards & that means it's a FACT that he favors posession short route runners over speed demons like Evans. Evans will still get his because he is not just a burner, but he is a superstar reciever with all the tools( see, i love Lee!). A TJ Houshmandzadah or the other players on the trade block woulda been a better fit because they fit better with what we have going with Trent Edwards style...
----AM i super football smart = not anymore then any other obsessed football/BILLS fan here @ the Zone..
--Do i know thses to be true because i was bored or interested enough to re-watch the season thanks to HD-DVR - YES!

------Yodad, just saying that Trent needs coaching to be successful. He has the pocket poise that is rare & even more rare for us! His weaknesses are the bad things QB's have that A--R--E fixed by a good coach. NOt the crapy-ass coach Drew Bledsoe & JP had with Sam Wyche. :wtf:
-IMO JP wasn't really as coachable lastr year as he was his rook seaosn because he had already made his hyper play style his style...
-Enter T.O----HOW HILLARIOUS would that be if The Ralph or Dick or Russ, or Modrak noticed that same exact thing about Trent and his weakness with struggling with WR's route running etc & instead of finding the diamond in the rough perfect coach fro Trent & hell our whole teams success, they borught in T.O... He's kinda the definition of players QB coach. HA!!! Either way, planned or not, we get a improvement from Trent since T.O. is gonna be freaking blunt & very outspoken about why his wide open Touchdown route was ignored when Trent had no pressure etc.... Good job 1BD! AND GOOD THREAD YOURDAD

Night Train
06-01-2009, 05:56 AM
I still question his arm strength and his frequent checkoff tendencies. Plus I still see that Cards game where Wilson knocks him cold, even though he came almost straight at him.

Can he sense the rush and not lock on to his primary ? I'm rooting for the guy but the jury is still out. Don't just blindly offer him an extension. Let him play for his raise. He needs to improve.

Jan Reimers
06-01-2009, 06:33 AM
I still question his arm strength and his frequent checkoff tendencies. Plus I still see that Cards game where Wilson knocks him cold, even though he came almost straight at him.

Can he sense the rush and not lock on to his primary ? I'm rooting for the guy but the jury is still out. Don't just blindly offer him an extension. Let him play for his raise. He needs to improve.
That's a good analysis, NT. Sometimes, Edwards reminds me of a smarter and more poised, but less athletic and weaker armed, version of JP. But still maybe not quite good enough to be the guy to take us into the future.

billogic99
06-01-2009, 09:27 AM
Yourdad & Zoners, It's not a matter of luck or chance if Trent "MAKES" it. It's about skill/talent and it's 100% about coaching. But we all already knew this. I even think coaching err B-A-D coaching is what cost JP his career. Lets face it, we ALL knew/know JP is a very talented QB, but like SOOOO many other young QB's he never got into his comfort level and thus he never developed P--O--I--S--E.. No poise, no finesse! Did i spell "finesse" right? Finnesse? Finnese? moving on--

While I agree good coaching is very important to the success level young QB's may/maynot have especially at this level. I disagree about JP. I think JP was just not menatally able to handle playing the position at this level. I'm not saying JP isn't smart, that I really don't know cause I've never spoken to the guy, but he doesn't have the mental ability to play the position you need as a starting NFL QB. You have to read and react with your talent, you have to know how to get the most out of the play and aviod making big mistakes. No amount of coaching in the world can make up for someones lack of ability in that aspect of the game.

JP had plenty of time to at least play well, no matter who was coaching him. He never could grasp the timing and speed. He held the ball too long almost as if he was waiting for the pressure instead of focusing his attention downfield. IMO if you have the tools to play the game they will show no matter who your coach is. Trent may not have a winning record as a starter yet, but you can clearly see a differnce in pocket presence when Trent is in the game instead of JP.

yordad
06-01-2009, 09:33 AM
While I agree good coaching is very important to the success level young QB's may/maynot have especially at this level. I disagree about JP. I think JP was just not menatally able to handle playing the position at this level. I'm not saying JP isn't smart, that I really don't know cause I've never spoken to the guy, but he doesn't have the mental ability to play the position you need as a starting NFL QB. You have to read and react with your talent, you have to know how to get the most out of the play and aviod making big mistakes. No amount of coaching in the world can make up for someones lack of ability in that aspect of the game.

JP had plenty of time to at least play well, no matter who was coaching him. He never could grasp the timing and speed. He held the ball too long almost as if he was waiting for the pressure instead of focusing his attention downfield. IMO if you have the tools to play the game they will show no matter who your coach is. Trent may not have a winning record as a starter yet, but you can clearly see a differnce in pocket presence when Trent is in the game instead of JP.Pocket presense? Yeah if JP only looked 10 yards down field and got rid of it for 4 yard attempt he would have looked comfortable too. However he was attempting to make a play.

Now back to Trent please.

mayotm
06-01-2009, 09:46 AM
Pocket presense? Yeah if JP only looked 10 yards down field and got rid of it for 4 yard attempt he would have looked comfortable too. However he was attempting to make a play.

Now back to Trent please.You won't admit it, but part of your harsh criticism of Edwards it that you were a huge Losman supporter. You wanted the Bills (and fans) to give time for Losman to develop, but don't want to give Edwards the same chance. You're constantly taking subtle (or not so subtle) jabs at Edwards. That's fine, you don't have to like Edwards.

THATHURMANATOR
06-01-2009, 09:48 AM
Trent Edwards is the key to the Bills this year.

If he doesn't take a big step forward and stay injury free the Bills have no chance.

justasportsfan
06-01-2009, 09:51 AM
Everyone shares the same pressures especially the coaching staff.

Should Trent fail that means the coaches failed.

Everyones job is on the line. IF this team doesn't win a new saff will be brought in and even guys like Evans may not be wanted by the new staff.

mybills
06-01-2009, 09:52 AM
5). The backup kinda sucks

kinda?
see my sig :ill:

yordad
06-01-2009, 10:22 AM
You won't admit it, but part of your harsh criticism of Edwards it that you were a huge Losman supporter. You wanted the Bills (and fans) to give time for Losman to develop, but don't want to give Edwards the same chance. You're constantly taking subtle (or not so subtle) jabs at Edwards. That's fine, you don't have to like Edwards.Harsh criticisms for Trent because of JP? News flash, JP is gone.

I am critical of Trent because he is our QB and his production has been lacking. And I'm not convinced he has elite skills. It is as objective as I can be AS A BILLS FAN. Go to any other of the 31 teams websites out there and you likely hear even more "harsh criticism" then I dished.

Plain and simple, the guy likes to throw short and has rarely made "a play". Go ahead and count them, there has been like 4. He is no longer young. It is time he made more "plays" then mistakes.

If you want to annoint him savior before he does anything go ahead. I want to him put it together, like now.

mchurchfie
06-01-2009, 10:39 AM
If he doesn't start throwing the long ball consistently this year with TO in the lineup instead of checking down all of the time then he never will.

mayotm
06-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Harsh criticisms for Trent because of JP? News flash, JP is gone.

I am critical of Trent because he is our QB and his production has been lacking. And I'm not convinced he has elite skills. It is as objective as I can be AS A BILLS FAN. Go to any other of the 31 teams websites out there and you likely hear even more "harsh criticism" then I dished.

Plain and simple, the guy likes to throw short and has rarely made "a play". Go ahead and count them, there has been like 4. He is no longer young. It is time he made more "plays" then mistakes.

If you want to annoint him savior before he does anything go ahead. I want to him put it together, like now.Thanks for the news flash. I didn't realize JP was gone. I certainly wasn't the first person in this thread to bring up JP. You made apology after apology, excuse after excuse for JP. I'm pointing out that haven't given Edwards the same benefit of the doubt.

Your main problem with Edwards seems to be that he doesn't throw the long ball. I think all of us would like to see him throw deep more often. That being stated, Edwards has shown some ability sustaining longer drives. I don't have the statistics in front of me, but I'd bet they had their fewer three and outs than they've had in 5 - 6 years. I'd also bet they had more 10 + play drives than they've had in recent memory. If they can maintain the ability to sustain drives and mix in a few more big plays, the offense could be pretty good. Not to mention sustaining drives helps keep the defense off the field.

I haven't annointed Edwards as anything. Although my concerns are more about injuries than his abililty. He probably won't be ever be a super star, but can definitely be good enough to be above average consistently. I do agree that this is a huge season for Edwards. However, I'm far more optimistic that he'll succeed than you are.

yordad
06-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Thanks for the news flash. I didn't realize JP was gone. I certainly wasn't the first person in this thread to bring up JP. You made apology after apology, excuse after excuse for JP. I'm pointing out that haven't given Edwards the same benefit of the doubt.

Your main problem with Edwards seems to be that he doesn't throw the long ball. I think all of us would like to see him throw deep more often. That being stated, Edwards has shown some ability sustaining longer drives. I don't have the statistics in front of me, but I'd bet they had their fewer three and outs than they've had in 5 - 6 years. I'd also bet they had more 10 + play drives than they've had in recent memory. If they can maintain the ability to sustain drives and mix in a few more big plays, the offense could be pretty good. Not to mention sustaining drives helps keep the defense off the field.

I haven't annointed Edwards as anything. Although my concerns are more about injuries than his abililty. He probably won't be ever be a super star, but can definitely be good enough to be above average consistently. I do agree that this is a huge season for Edwards. However, I'm far more optimistic that he'll succeed than you are.OK, so I haven't. I seen more talent in JP. Same results, but more talent. More upside, IMO. You gave up on JP early, yet you want to give Trent more time? More faith? When was JP dumped? right about now in terms of starts, right?

Your argument, the one you have no stats for, is wrong the last I checked. And, by "checked" I mean I literally counted the 3 and outs game by game. And no, I am no where near bored enough at this time to do it again.

mayotm
06-01-2009, 02:09 PM
OK, so I haven't. I seen more talent in JP. Same results, but more talent. More upside, IMO. You gave up on JP early, yet you want to give Trent more time? More faith? When was JP dumped? right about now in terms of starts, right?

Your argument, the one you have no stats for, is wrong the last I checked. And, by "checked" I mean I literally counted the 3 and outs game by game. And no, I am no where near bored enough at this time to do it again.Actually, I didn't give up on Losman early. I was a huge Losman supporter. I'd finally seen enough and moved on. JP has generated absolutely no interest as a free agent. Doesn't that tell you something? Despite all the physical tools, nobody wants to offer him another opportunity.

In my opinion, the results have not been the same. The offense has looked better with Edwards at QB. It's translated to more wins. Edwards is 12 - 11 as a starter. Losman was something like 10 - 21. That's a huge difference.

yordad
06-01-2009, 02:12 PM
Actually, I didn't give up on Losman early. I was a huge Losman supporter. I'd finally seen enough and moved on. JP has generated absolutely no interest as a free agent. Doesn't that tell you something? Despite all the physical tools, nobody wants to offer him another opportunity.

In my opinion, the results have not been the same. The offense has looked better with Edwards at QB. It's translated to more wins. Edwards is 12 - 11 as a starter. Losman was something like 10 - 21. That's a huge difference.So, I guess you think our QB position is all set then? I hope so, but I don't believe so. It is like you have "faith" in Trent or something. Didn't JP teach you something?

mayotm
06-01-2009, 02:22 PM
So, I guess you think our QB position is all set then? I hope so, but I don't believe so. It is like you have "faith" in Trent or something. Didn't JP teach you something?As I mentioned, my major concern (and it's a big one) with Edwards is that he's been injury prone. If healthy, I don't think QB play will be this team's problem.

yordad
06-01-2009, 02:36 PM
As I mentioned, my major concern (and it's a big one) with Edwards is that he's been injury prone. If healthy, I don't think QB play will be this team's problem.And I hope your right.

TigerJ
06-01-2009, 10:35 PM
I don't know that Trent has what it takes. But I'm pretty comfortable with letting him have the reins of the team until we know for certain. Let's face it, the only time you can acquire a QB that you know is going to have what it takes to be a champion: the arm strength, the poise, the mental ability to make the right decision under duress yada, yada, yada is when you acquire someone who has proven himself, either via free agency or a trade from another team. Those guys are few and far between, and VERY expensive, either in terms of cap implications or trade costs. The only other option is to sign an old guy who may or may not have something left in the tank. Arizona hit it big with Kurt Warner. The Jets didn't with Brett Favre.

Some teams have to take a chance with a young QB. I think Trent might have what it takes. I'm willing to see it through and find out. If I'm right, then he's a Bill as long as Ralph Wilson is willing to pay him.

mybills
06-02-2009, 06:27 AM
So far, there's been no major improvement. I'm hoping a light goes on in his 3rd year.

Throne Logic
06-02-2009, 06:42 AM
No amount of coaching in the world can make up for someones lack of ability in that aspect of the game.

I disagree with this, or at least the general idea you're presenting. Poor coaching can absolutely setup a rookie for failure. Not to say that all failed draft picks are due to coaching, not even close. However, you cannot discredit as a factor in a young QB's success or failure.

Two important keys come to mind: Foundation and confidence.

When rookies come into the league, as we all know, they find the game to be significantly different than college. They rely heavily on the coaching staff to help them build the foundation of the knowledgebase they're going to rely on. Poor coaching leads to a poor knowledgebase, which leads to poor decision making / lack of quick reactions. This, in turn, decreases a QB's confidence level. And the spiral continues. . .

mybills
06-02-2009, 06:45 AM
I agree, TL. It's like watching them ruin JP all over again. :(

yordad
06-02-2009, 10:20 AM
I mean look at what happened to Vince Young under half the pressure.

Bill Cody
06-02-2009, 11:53 AM
I mean look at what happened to Vince Young under half the pressure.

Another guy like JP with a walnut sized brain.

yordad
06-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Another guy like JP with a walnut sized brain.Let it go buddy. You can stop hating now. He is gone. No more nightmares for ya.

mayotm
06-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Let it go buddy. You can stop hating now. He is gone. No more nightmares for ya.It goes both ways. Your love for him can stop now.

yordad
06-02-2009, 03:02 PM
It goes both ways. Your love for him can stop now.First, I don't care how you define it.
Second, I don't need your permission to like, dislike, or love anyone or thing.
Third, it would make more sense to continue liking a player once he is gone, rather then continue hating.
Fourth, your post is very gay.
Fifth, JP has nothing to do with this thread.
Sixth.... ah... why did I even reply. I really couldn't care less what you think. I think you may literally be last on my billszone list.

mayotm
06-02-2009, 03:17 PM
First, I don't care how you define it.
Second, I don't need your permission to like, dislike, or love anyone or thing.
Third, it would make more sense to continue liking a player once he is gone, rather then continue hating.
Fourth, your post is very gay.
Fifth, JP has nothing to do with this thread.
Sixth.... ah... why did I even reply. I really couldn't care less what you think. I think you may literally be last on my billszone list.Wow, somebody has sand in his vag today. Your sixth point is my favorite. It's quite pathetic that your're keeping a list of your favorite posters. I'm flattered that I've generated such hatred from you. Especially since I don't post all that frequently. I know it sucks that I've pointed out that you're a hypocrite. Have a nice day.

yordad
06-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Wow, somebody has sand in his vag today. Your sixth point is my favorite. It's quite pathetic that your're keeping a list of your favorite posters. I'm flattered that I've generated such hatred from you. Especially since I don't post all that frequently. I know it sucks that I've pointed out that you're a hypocrite. Have a nice day.A list of favorite posters? Hatred? Whoa, calm down buddy. It's a message board and a figure of speech. Heck, I may have even confused with someone else (although I doubt it). Just seems your one of the ones who try to make things personal all the time. And, one of the ones who is always trying to put a gay spin on things (if I remember correctly).

And a hypocrite? Read the title. It is a Trent thread. It is a bout the pressures he faces. It is about supporting and rooting for him. So, wtf are you talking about? If you want to make a "We should all hate JP now becasue he is gone" thread, go right ahead.

Oh, and if memory serves me, I think I put you second to last (and there is only 2 on that "list" at the moment), not entirely last, so hang in there.

:cool:

mayotm
06-02-2009, 03:46 PM
A list of favorite posters? Hatred? Whoa, calm down buddy. It's a message board and a figure of speech. Heck, I may have even confused with someone else (although I doubt it). Just seems your one of the ones who try to make things personal all the time. And, one of the ones who is always trying to put a gay spin on things (if I remember correctly).

And a hypocrite? Read the title. It is a Trent thread. It is a bout the pressures he faces. It is about supporting and rooting for him. So, wtf are you talking about? If you want to make a "We should all hate JP now becasue he is gone" thread, go right ahead.

Oh, and if memory serves me, I think I put you second to last (and there is only 2 on that "list" at the moment), not entirely last, so hang in there.

:cool:

1)You got personal in thread before I did.
2) Gay spin? I have know idea what you're talking about. Don't think you do either.
3) JP was brought up in this thread before I got involved
4) You're a hypocrite because you pissed and moaned about JP not getting a fair shot, but don't want to give Edwards the same courtesy.
5) Striving to be last on your list

yordad
06-02-2009, 10:44 PM
1)You got personal in thread before I did.
2) Gay spin? I have know idea what you're talking about. Don't think you do either.
3) JP was brought up in this thread before I got involved
4) You're a hypocrite because you pissed and moaned about JP not getting a fair shot, but don't want to give Edwards the same courtesy.
5) Striving to be last on your list1. Where?
2. Previously
3. and my reply was the same then
4. Where? Who said something about not giving him a fair shot?
5. That sounds gay. Seriously, who goes out of their way? lol

:5::console:

Marvelous
06-04-2009, 01:32 AM
That was a cheap shot by Adrian Wilson. And not the only cheap shot by him in that game either.. I just happen to re-watch that game couple days ago on direct tv replay(((1/2 hour long). i DVR'd most o' our seaoson...

----Guys,,,Zoners,,,,What if Trent isn't as stellar as we want/hope/think etc.. It's a fact that all of us who are Pro-Trent Edwards are Pro Trent because we fell in love with his pocket poise.. The fact that we've had sooooo many pocklet ******s. And not just sooo many,,but sooo many in a row...sheesh! bad breaks eh? And worst of us all is it cost us two 1st round picks & one helped build a super beast(Patsies). Besides the 11 str8 NE has on us. You know,,besides the Sam Adams bogey game, you know the last win we had,,,31-0 shutout @ the Ralph.. WHo attended the 31-0 shutout? i want details of the orgasmic experience :lol:
---So SPorts Illustrated Sam Adams cover,,31-0 shutout @ The Ralph game...
--NE str8^ OWNED us for a years prior...

---Is our last win against NE (NOT Counting The Sam Adams Boogey game) a game that Adam Vienitierri missed a 25 yarder? like around 1998/1999/2000?

--back -to- trent---So yeah, it's VERY possible that we are all drinking the kool-aid of Trent being a pocket stud that we are forgetting/downplaying his lack of a deep ball. This is huge since our best Wide-out(besides T.O) is a speed demon who specializes in deep streaks. Hence the Josh Reed love fest.

---I was kinda hoping for us to learn from the MAJOR MISTAKES of Tom Donahoe when he TOTALY IGNORED getting a stud backup QB who could save our seaosn when Drew Bledsoe tanked,stunk up the place and setting records for getting sacked & str8^ RUINING Mike WIlliams career & a major draft pick on our part.. That dude DID-NOT flat out suck.. bah!! Drew!! Bah!! Tom!!
--So when i heard Rich Eisen announce we signed Fitzpatrick i was livid.. Because if Trent struggles or you know Gets hurt since well YOU KNOW,Hurt like he was last year! We owuld have some insurance..bah!! So now if Trent is hurt or stinking it up, we are screwed and we get into Shoulda,woulda,Coulda mode about having one of teh best Wide Recievers of all time lining up with Lee EVans & Speedy Roscoe Parrish & Trents fiance #82. So major thumbs down to OBD for not wanting to send the wrong message to fans & teamates & Trent himself by not trading for a worhty QB who can salvage a season if he gets the call,,,or better yet, a QB who can just not lose us games if he gets the call to start etc...

---Not a Rex Grossman or a San Fran scrub. ((( :lol: like the San Fran Scrubby who btch smacked us last year :lmao:
-But pretty much a QB like Leftwich. WHo can take us to playoffs is Trent pooops. Or even Brady Quinn.. How is the dude NOT worth a 2nd round pick? i have confidence in him..He was so awesome @ ND. And that obvious talent carries weight. It wasn't a fluke season like Alex Smith had or Tim Couch @ Kentucky.
--Heck, i'd take a Pillsbuty throw boy over Fitzpatrick....Can anyone hook me up? Gve a dog a bone about Fitz, so i wont be so negative bout him?

mybills
06-04-2009, 06:55 AM
:wave: I attended the shutout, Marv. They could've removed all the seats in the stadium, because we didn't use them for the entire game. :evil:

As for Fitz..see my sig. He's about the same as Trent. :ill:

I'm really hoping Trent has enough help around him to not get mauled, so that we don't have to use Fitz, but from the sound of the OTA reports, our own D is getting to him easily. :( The only miracle I can see is if that happened and Fitz did come in..he pulls a Matt Castel.

justasportsfan
06-04-2009, 09:03 AM
---I was kinda hoping for us to learn from the MAJOR MISTAKES of Tom Donahoe when he TOTALY IGNORED getting a stud backup QB who could save our seaosn when Drew Bledsoe tanked,stunk up the place and setting records for getting sacked & str8^ RUINING Mike WIlliams career & a major draft pick on our part.. That dude DID-NOT flat out suck.. bah!! Drew!! Bah!! Tom!!
--So when i heard Rich Eisen announce we signed Fitzpatrick i was livid.. Because if Trent struggles or you know Gets hurt since well YOU KNOW,Hurt like he was last year! We owuld have some insurance..bah!! So now if Trent is hurt or stinking it up, we are screwed and we get into Shoulda,woulda,Coulda mode about having one of teh best Wide Recievers of all time lining up with Lee EVans & Speedy Roscoe Parrish & Trents fiance #82. So major thumbs down to OBD for not wanting to send the wrong message to fans & teamates & Trent himself by not trading for a worhty QB who can salvage a season if he gets the call,,,or better yet, a QB who can just not lose us games if he gets the call to start etc...

---Not a Rex Grossman or a San Fran scrub. ((( :lol: like the San Fran Scrubby who btch smacked us last year :lmao:
-But pretty much a QB like Leftwich. WHo can take us to playoffs is Trent pooops. Or even Brady Quinn.. How is the dude NOT worth a 2nd round pick? i have confidence in him..He was so awesome @ ND. And that obvious talent carries weight. It wasn't a fluke season like Alex Smith had or Tim Couch @ Kentucky.
--Heck, i'd take a Pillsbuty throw boy over Fitzpatrick....Can anyone hook me up? Gve a dog a bone about Fitz, so i wont be so negative bout him?
:up:

The problem is our coaches think they are great teachers of the game and that their brains are good enough to grab a bunch of rookie players and turn them into stud players.

I'm all for building through the draft as long as you have proven coaches. Turk hasn't devloped any stud player in his entire carreer as a qb coach and then he moves on to be OC. I'll admit that at the start of the season, Trent was fundamentally sound in BASIC football . Problem is, coaches know basic football and start gameplanning to confuse your players that know basics.

You gotta be more imaginative than basic football when playing the Pats. The fins got imaginative and even cofused the pats.

When Trent said they didn't practice for what the D showed them on gameday, that proved to me that Turk was in over his head. When Turk started copying plays from other teams, that means he knew he didn't know much beyong basic football.

NOw we have Fitz. He's smart as far as are coaches are concerned even though he's done nothing. they think that with his brain and our so called teachers can turn him into a stud qb in case Trent who himself isn't proven , goes down to injury.