PDA

View Full Version : Rams may be the team to move!!

HHURRICANE
06-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Rams can't find local buyers to buy 60% stake in team so the team is exploring an outside owner and has now taken "not moving" off the table.

WeAreArthurMoates
06-01-2009, 02:06 PM
As I've thought a long, St. Louis and Jacksonville will be the teams moving to Toronto and LA.

SABURZFAN
06-01-2009, 02:10 PM
if the Rams move, i'd like to see the go back to LA.

PromoTheRobot
06-01-2009, 02:10 PM
As I've thought a long, St. Louis and Jacksonville will be the teams moving to Toronto and LA.
Any team other than the Bills playing in T.O. would be an utter disaster. Think about what you are wishing for.

PTR

OpIv37
06-01-2009, 02:20 PM

no way any team moves to Toronto as long as the Bills are in Buffalo. The region isn't strong enough to support two teams. If the NFL wants a team in Toronto, it will either BE Buffalo or it will have to wait until Buffalo moves somewhere else before putting a team there.

Saratoga Slim
06-01-2009, 04:10 PM
no way any team moves to Toronto as long as the Bills are in Buffalo. The region isn't strong enough to support two teams. If the NFL wants a team in Toronto, it will either BE Buffalo or it will have to wait until Buffalo moves somewhere else before putting a team there.

I agree.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if Buffalo loses the Bills, it will be to Toronto. I'm not worried about them going to LA.

Mr. Pink
06-01-2009, 06:30 PM
if the Rams move, i'd like to see the go back to LA.

Agree.

Or maybe back to Cleveland and this version of the Browns can move to LA.

PcA125
06-01-2009, 07:06 PM

I have family in Jacksonville that said that all the games might be blacked out this year because of the economy/ fan base

jamze132
06-02-2009, 04:59 AM
I think there is a better chance of the Buffalo Bills folding as a franchise than there is of them moving out of the region.

Night Train
06-02-2009, 05:36 AM
I think there is a better chance of the Buffalo Bills folding as a franchise than there is of them moving out of the region.

I'm still predicting the NFL will have 4-8 less teams in 5 years.

They're too greedy and will just stick with large markets to make as much $$ as possible.

Throne Logic
06-02-2009, 06:29 AM
I'm still predicting the NFL will have 4-8 less teams in 5 years.

They're too greedy and will just stick with large markets to make as much $$ as possible.

I could see a possible scenario where the league goes through contracture, yes. I think it's highly unlikely as the league is still swimming in money. Teams in struggling regions (i.e. Jacksonville) can just up and move to a better spot (i.e. LA). I do not see it ever happening to more than 2 teams and I'd consider this a worst case scenario.

Much of the leagues future success comes down to what happens with the CBA going into next year. The potential downfall of the NFL lies in the current salary structure situation, not the economy. No business can survive long when the unproven new hires are making more than the proven and experienced employees.