PDA

View Full Version : birthday bills rant NY a concerned optomistic fan

jamesiscool
06-02-2009, 03:16 AM
On my 22nd anniversary of birth (which I don't know why this day a national holiday yet) I wanted to voice my views and concerns about this seasons squad we are about to field.

While I still believe we have the talent in certain areas to take us to the playoffs I want to look at obvious areas of strength and obvious areas of concern on the CURRENT roster.

Strengths:
We have a very deep offense especially in skill positions such as reciever, running back and I believe tightend. I know many will argue otherwise about the last position but I believe that a healthy Fine along with a raw but super talented Nelson will be a darkhorse area of strength on this team. Obviously with Lee TO Reed Hardy Stevie Johnson and Scoe we have by far the most tallented receiving corp since most likely before I was born. If the young oline can keep it together and at least be adequate we will make teams Pat with the passing game. Do we use the run to set up the pass or vice versa? I don't know. If our like can pass block the pass will set up the run, if it can run bloack with success we will make the opponents pay for stacking the box with the pass.

Concerns:
Oline, Keith Ellison, Trent and the pass rush. Does anyone else feel like the NFL has moved on from the Tampa 2 and we are now behind the curve yet again? Without a legitimate pass rush we are as I like to say fu*#ed. Withour pressure on the quarterback this defense is vulnerable and helpless. Is Byrd the answer at FS? Will Ko show the promise he once did? Our corners are solid all the way to the dime I feel. But safety scares me at both positions. Donte is over rated and who the hell is going to step up on the other side? Is Aaron Schobel healthy? Will he be the same player even though he is older? Has he lost a step? I will likely say yes to all. He won't be the once semi dominant pass rusher he was 2 seasons ago and that leaves us with a lot of over achievers and one very raw very talented young man. Get used to Keith on the outside because Nic Harris is too young and Alvin Bowen may be just another Keith. And then there's Trent. I want this smart young man to succeed more than any on Thai team, but after his concussion I feel like his true colors started to shine. He didn't stand in the pocket and deliver the strike like he should or would have. He would check down for the short gain and play it safe. I am sick and tired of playing it safe. I want risks to be taken. If there's anytime to take risks its now, if you play conservative and see scared of your own talent and potential you will never play up to that potential. We will be stuck in this rut for another 9 years.

I hope this makes sense to you all and to myself tomorrow when I awake. Go bills and please post your thoughts.

Night Train
06-02-2009, 05:55 AM
Happy birthday, youngster. I envy your age. Just don't drink as much as I do. I don't want beer to ever run out. :beers:

Good thoughts on the Bills. I still say it's a year away but going in the right direction..finally ! My top concern would have been our coach but he'll cut his own throat eventually. Hoping to be surprised this season but 2010 is more likely.

mybills
06-02-2009, 06:31 AM
Happy birthday! You're probably gonna want to edit your spelling! :chuckle:

jamesiscool
06-02-2009, 10:14 AM
It was all typed on my blackberry not exactly the most user friendly/post worthy devices!

hammerbillsfan
06-02-2009, 02:32 PM
Happy Birthday James! :beers: :cheers: :up:

OpIv37
06-02-2009, 02:43 PM
I've never been a fan of the Tampa 2 and I think the NFL has mostly moved on from it as a base D. Quick slants will slow down the pass rush and beat it every time, not to mention it leaves underneath stuff open far too often.

On a related note, the Cover 2/Tampa 2 DEPEND on getting a pass rush from the front 4. As you mentioned, the Bills' DL leaves a lot to be desired, so they really don't even execute the way it was intended anyway. Maybin and Jairus Byrd were the only upgrades to a lackluster D, so it could be problematic.

elltrain22
06-02-2009, 05:09 PM
On my 22nd anniversary of birth (which I don't know why this day a national holiday yet) I wanted to voice my views and concerns about this seasons squad we are about to field.

While I still believe we have the talent in certain areas to take us to the playoffs I want to look at obvious areas of strength and obvious areas of concern on the CURRENT roster.

Strengths:
We have a very deep offense especially in skill positions such as reciever, running back and I believe tightend. I know many will argue otherwise about the last position but I believe that a healthy Fine along with a raw but super talented Nelson will be a darkhorse area of strength on this team. Obviously with Lee TO Reed Hardy Stevie Johnson and Scoe we have by far the most tallented receiving corp since most likely before I was born. If the young oline can keep it together and at least be adequate we will make teams Pat with the passing game. Do we use the run to set up the pass or vice versa? I don't know. If our like can pass block the pass will set up the run, if it can run bloack with success we will make the opponents pay for stacking the box with the pass.

Concerns:
Oline, Keith Ellison, Trent and the pass rush. Does anyone else feel like the NFL has moved on from the Tampa 2 and we are now behind the curve yet again? Without a legitimate pass rush we are as I like to say fu*#ed. Withour pressure on the quarterback this defense is vulnerable and helpless. Is Byrd the answer at FS? Will Ko show the promise he once did? Our corners are solid all the way to the dime I feel. But safety scares me at both positions. Donte is over rated and who the hell is going to step up on the other side? Is Aaron Schobel healthy? Will he be the same player even though he is older? Has he lost a step? I will likely say yes to all. He won't be the once semi dominant pass rusher he was 2 seasons ago and that leaves us with a lot of over achievers and one very raw very talented young man. Get used to Keith on the outside because Nic Harris is too young and Alvin Bowen may be just another Keith. And then there's Trent. I want this smart young man to succeed more than any on Thai team, but after his concussion I feel like his true colors started to shine. He didn't stand in the pocket and deliver the strike like he should or would have. He would check down for the short gain and play it safe. I am sick and tired of playing it safe. I want risks to be taken. If there's anytime to take risks its now, if you play conservative and see scared of your own talent and potential you will never play up to that potential. We will be stuck in this rut for another 9 years.

I hope this makes sense to you all and to myself tomorrow when I awake. Go bills and please post your thoughts.

Happy birthday dude!! Good posting for havin a few!!

jamze132
06-02-2009, 11:51 PM
Happy birthday. Why are you drinking "cocktails" when you are 22? You should be shotgunning beers and pounding pussies.

trapezeus
06-03-2009, 09:29 AM
you wrote that all on a blackberry? that's commitment to posting. Wow.