PDA

View Full Version : Del Rio Rips John Henderson

Mahdi
06-02-2009, 03:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4224987

Del Rio destroyed Henderson with those comments, repairing that relationship will be difficult and I can see a trade coming. Question is.... Does Buffalo make a play for him considering the rumors that were floating earlier in the off-season.

Henderson would be a perfect fit on our DL obviously and Ralph seems to be going after it this year. Wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

The King
06-02-2009, 03:25 PM
I hate Del Rio... his coaching tactics are terrible. This is his last year with the Jags

bigbub2352
06-02-2009, 03:27 PM
i would take Del Rio over DJ any day of the week, Jax has at least sniffed the playoffs under his watch

Henderson i would trade a 2nd rd pick for right now if he was available, or a 3rd and 5th like how we got stroud
all day

OpIv37
06-02-2009, 03:29 PM
USC trash.

The King
06-02-2009, 03:45 PM
i would take Del Rio over DJ any day of the week, Jax has at least sniffed the playoffs under his watch

Henderson i would trade a 2nd rd pick for right now if he was available, or a 3rd and 5th like how we got stroud
all dayHe just over reacts and goes to the complete extreme to get a reaction out of his players. He's the polar opposite of Jauron but he yields the same results, no change.

elltrain22
06-02-2009, 04:51 PM
If that were to happen, that would be outstanding for our defense!!

Ed
06-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Who's had more talent to work with Del Rio or Jauron? Wasn't Jax supposed to be a SB contender last year? Del Rio is a douche.

Yasgur's Farm
06-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Roscoe for Henderson straight up.

Trouble is, Jags are hurting for DT play while Bills are overstocked at WR.

BertSquirtgum
06-02-2009, 08:41 PM
it would be spectacular if the bills got henderson. could you imagine henderson and stroud again? crrrrrazy

Nighthawk
06-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Roscoe for Henderson straight up.

Trouble is, Jags are hurting for DT play while Bills are overstocked at WR.

You don't honestly believe that is a fair trade...do you?

Buffalogic
06-02-2009, 10:21 PM
Henderson didn't practice because the equipment guy forgot to do his accustomed slap him in the face and 'make dat blood in the mouth' before practice.

dasaybz
06-02-2009, 10:23 PM
I'll take Henderson.

yordad
06-02-2009, 11:01 PM
Practice? Practice? We're talking about practice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

Night Train
06-03-2009, 05:05 AM
i would take Del Rio over DJ any day of the week

That's really going out on a limb.

Commissioner
06-03-2009, 05:55 AM
That's an odd comment by Del Rio.... Henderson seems like a proven DT to me.... and who knows an athlete's body better than the athlete himself?

Besides... it's just OTA's.... why ask the guy to push himself through an injury, no matter how minor, this far out from the season?

It almost seems like Del Rio wants him gone, and is trying to convince the front office to get rid of him.

Commissioner
06-03-2009, 06:03 AM
Looks like Del Rio could of got himself into a jam with his comments:

Del Rio’s comments illustrate multiple potential problems, both arising under Article XXXV, Section 5(a) of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

First, Section 5(a) states that “[n]o Club official shall indicate to a player that the Club’s off-season workout program or classroom instruction is not voluntary.”

Del Rio’s comments fairly can be interpreted as an indication that the Jaguars’ Organized Team Activities are not voluntary.

Second, Section 5(a) says that contact is not permitted.
So how did Henderson injure his shoulder in non-contact drills? And why would he be reluctant to fight through it, unless he could expect more contact?

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/02/del-rio-calls-out-john-henderson/

Yasgur's Farm
06-03-2009, 06:09 AM
You don't honestly believe that is a fair trade...do you?Considering respective ages... Yes I do.

User Manuel
06-03-2009, 07:54 AM
Hmmmm... John Henderson would look awfully good in Red, White and Blue.

Marvelous
06-04-2009, 01:13 AM
Does Buffalo make a play for him considering the rumors that were floating earlier in the off-season.

-But that's just my opinion.. Think money.. No not the salary or cap -to- cap blah blah,,,but think in terms of if we have "X" anount to spend etc, do we want it spent on a extra Nose tackle/DT? So, IMO, NO
--Kyle WIlliams is better then affective & could break out this season. We do need better then Spencer as the #3 guy, esp since the #3 guy often sees the field. & That's WITHOUT injuries. just because they are such large men who get very winded/exausted etc.. But we don't need a high profile player for this slot. a journeyman like Spencer Johnson except one who has a lil more in the tank :lol:
-Or a rookie type who has great & unknown upside..I'll side with the journeyman since we get more security then the rook, but without the upside. IMO we don't gamble on a depth spot with a hopeful. We need some reliability... I hope McCargo breaks out this year. He does have the pedigree.. Is he fully healthy yet?
---So yeah,,,MHO is NO, but not for the obvious/popular reason of Jaguars compensation,,,but because of the money he'll command. & YES the dude IS worth it...he's a beast....But i won't be mad or upset in the least if we did score him & even better is the dynamic duo gets re-united...

---What's the details of Stroud & Henderson's relationship?
--We're they very tight? PigPat & Kevin WIlliams kinda tight in Minnesota?
---Tight just outta respect for each others talent?
-so-so but accepting that each is premier starter?
--Only tight for public eye---compete w/ each to be best?
--str8^ dislike? i doubt this since i never heard anything form my Jaguars(fan) buddy........
-

Throne Logic
06-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Hmmmm... John Henderson would look awfully good in Red, White and Blue.

Careful what you wish for. Pats could make a move for him.

Horns
06-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Henderson's play has suffered since Stroud left, and who is their next best option? Rob Meier? Henderson needs to have a good season for the team to be successful and Del Rio is trying that right now.

Do I agree with blasting a guy with a shoulder issue at OTA'a? No, especially if the injury turns out to be worse than you think because you ask the player to push it this early.

Wouldn't a coach rather ease a player back from an injury right now, rather than rush it?

And Jack Del Rio didn't have the same requirements as these players due as the system sees more time put in by the players than ever before, including when Del Rio finished playing - some 10+ years ago. The off season work has increased since then, I certainly think so. And, if so, then what is comparable to Del Rio's day? He didn't have this much, then why is he riding a player who is.

Del Rio needs to spend more time finding QB's considering the team has David Garrard and Cleo Lemon,........my god thats horrible.

Horns
06-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Careful what you wish for. Pats could make a move for him.

Even after drafting Brace early?

Marvelous
06-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Speaking of Pats--
--Isn't it ironic how Free Agents are drawn to NE like Tarvis Henry on 17 year old hotties...

--I can't wait for the day/are that we start winning again like we PWND in the early 90's.. Besides the winning & fortune & Glory etc, the rush of players wanting to play for us is gonna be exciting... Happy/estatic draft picks.. pick o' the litter w/ UDFA's!! :drool:

acehole
06-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Who wants him if he is a wuzz...

We already have one on offense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4224987

Del Rio destroyed Henderson with those comments, repairing that relationship will be difficult and I can see a trade coming. Question is.... Does Buffalo make a play for him considering the rumors that were floating earlier in the off-season.

Henderson would be a perfect fit on our DL obviously and Ralph seems to be going after it this year. Wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

Typ0
06-06-2009, 11:12 AM
I can't believe a coach actually made these comments about a player at OTAs.

Luisito23
06-07-2009, 09:29 AM
Maybe its just me, but after watching that video it really doesn't sound as bad as people are making it out to be...My guess is it'll blow over in a few weeks.

BertSquirtgum
06-07-2009, 11:42 AM
he should have never said that about henderson. isn't the idea supposed to be non-contact practice? how did henderson get hurt so badly that he himself thinks he should sit it out. maybe jackie is pushing his guys too hard and henderson doesn't want to blow his whole season out because of some jack ass.