PDA

View Full Version : Our O-line is getting mauled by our D-line.

HHURRICANE
06-02-2009, 04:46 PM
The theme of OTA's thus far has been our o-line's inability to block our d-line.

I hope the money we saved at least helps one of Ralph's charities.

elltrain22
06-02-2009, 04:49 PM
The theme of OTA's thus far has been our o-line's inability to block our d-line.

not to worried about it yet, but that is cause for concern

Goobylal
06-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Maybe the Bills have the making of a great D-line? Maybe Bob Sanders is making him mark on them? No, the obvious answer is the DL is bad and the OL is worse. :rolleyes:

SquishDaFish
06-02-2009, 05:42 PM
Who cares. Talk to me in preseason or when pads are on

Mahdi
06-02-2009, 05:58 PM

Blocking with no pads? Common...

Buffalogic
06-02-2009, 06:06 PM
lol...Dline dominates the Oline in pillow fights too, not just padless OTA blocking

mayotm
06-02-2009, 06:20 PM

I hope the money we saved at least helps one of Ralph's charities.What are you basing this on? Are you at the practices? Oh, probably the 30 second clips on BB.com. That should provide you with enough material to make an assessment on the o-line.

Yasgur's Farm
06-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Drama!

Yasgur's Farm
06-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Did anybody watch the video from today? http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/bills-roundup-ota-day-8-team-works-outside/3a9889f2-fd62-4914-97f1-a49929326e7a

Chris Brown said it was the most productive D-line play to date, claiming "4 would be sacks". They then proceeded to show 3 of them... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!!! I wouldn't be quite so presumptuous in handing out sacks like that.

guy
06-02-2009, 07:20 PM

I hope the money we saved at least helps one of Ralph's charities. another stupid ass thread!!

WeAreArthurMoates
06-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Tough to block people when you can't make contact with them. I'd be much more worried that the D-line couldn't do anything against the o line.

ct bills fan
06-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Getting mauled in a workout with no pads/limited contact. Nice thread.

Coach Sal
06-02-2009, 07:50 PM
This should be expected. The DL is normally ahead of the OL in the summer and even the first part of camp.

Add to that the fact that we have 5 new starters on the OL (as far as positions started, at least), and it's going to be even worse, because they are still trying to learn all the calls and how to play next to one another.

DL doesn't have to worry about that kind of stuff as much, even if they have new guys. Even if they make a mistake at this time of year, they can still just try to get to the ball and/or QB.

I'm not worried one bit about this right now, if it's actually the way things are going.

Joe Fo Sho
06-02-2009, 08:11 PM
I thought you were done with the Bills???

HHURRICANE
06-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Did anybody watch the video from today? http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/bills-roundup-ota-day-8-team-works-outside/3a9889f2-fd62-4914-97f1-a49929326e7a

Chris Brown said it was the most productive D-line play to date, claiming "4 would be sacks". They then proceeded to show 3 of them... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!!! I wouldn't be quite so presumptuous in handing out sacks like that.

I love how people jump on me when this is what Chris Brown has been reporting.

If he said the o-line was doing well there would be 100 threads on how we don't miss Peters.

If the news isn'y good it's BS. If the news is good than it's fact.

HHURRICANE
06-02-2009, 08:22 PM
No, the obvious answer is the DL is bad and the OL is worse. :rolleyes:

You said it, not me but 7-9, 7-9, 7-9. Until proven otherwise....

scartown
06-02-2009, 08:33 PM
:lmao:

Goobylal
06-02-2009, 09:44 PM
You said it, not me but 7-9, 7-9, 7-9. Until proven otherwise....
Actually every team is 0-0 until proven otherwise.

WeAreArthurMoates
06-02-2009, 10:11 PM

If he said the o-line was doing well there would be 100 threads on how we don't miss Peters.

No I wouldn't I would be scared ****less that the D-line can't get any pressure on a O-line that can't use the physicality. This is impossible to judge until the pads come on.
If the news isn'y good it's BS. If the news is good than it's fact

Yasgur's Farm
06-03-2009, 06:07 AM

If the news isn'y good it's BS. If the news is good than it's fact.No denying CB reported that "news"... But the video doesn't back-up the "news" he reported. In this case, the "news" doesn't appear to be "fact".

Dr. Lecter
06-03-2009, 06:10 AM
Maybe this is a sign that the D-line is about to be dominant.

MikeInRoch
06-03-2009, 06:24 AM

If the news isn'y good it's BS. If the news is good than it's fact.

You get jumped on because you continuously claim the sky is falling. It's not.

Jan Reimers
06-03-2009, 08:03 AM
It's June 3rd. We've got a new or different player at every O-line position, including 2 rookies and a free agent signee.

Could we stop with the panic attacks, already?

OpIv37
06-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Maybe this is a sign that the D-line is about to be dominant.

the same useless guys we had last year plus an undersized rookie about to be dominant? I seriously doubt it.

This is either a case of the OL sucking or a case of results being altered by the lack of pads/full contact (or a combination of the two).

Let's get the DL to "adequate" first- then maybe we can work our way up to dominance.

OpIv37
06-03-2009, 08:09 AM
It's June 3rd. We've got a new or different player at every O-line position, including 2 rookies and a free agent signee.

Could we stop with the panic attacks, already?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_h5ZMZ8QQtfk/SZq9GJGlsFI/AAAAAAAAAjU/6jQOfajA8h8/s400/Kevin_Bacon_Animal_House.jpg

If an OL with different players in every position and two rookies isn't legitimate reason to panic, what is?

justasportsfan
06-03-2009, 08:14 AM
the same useless guys we had last year plus an undersized rookie about to be dominant? I seriously doubt it.

This is either a case of the OL sucking or a case of results being altered by the lack of pads/full contact (or a combination of the two).

Let's get the DL to "adequate" first- then maybe we can work our way up to dominance.
but lets not be quick to say the sky is falling either. I'm not surprised that the DL is getting penetration because they are running forward and the OL is backpedaling without the ability to push because of the lack of pads.

In other words that report is neither here nor there but HH translates it s like it's the end of the world. Why does he care anyways, isn't there a pats mb he should be visiting?

WeAreArthurMoates
06-03-2009, 08:21 AM
It's freaking non contact football people, we can not make a judgement one way or another UNTIL the pads go on. It's that simple.

Michael82
06-03-2009, 08:27 AM
If this happens at the 3 practices where Jauron has the team actually wear pads, then I'll be worried. Until then, I don't give a ****! :up:

The Spaz
06-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Lol we can't win. Which would you rather have the o-line dominating so we can say we have no pass rush or what?

Jan Reimers
06-03-2009, 08:29 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_h5ZMZ8QQtfk/SZq9GJGlsFI/AAAAAAAAAjU/6jQOfajA8h8/s400/Kevin_Bacon_Animal_House.jpg

If an OL with different players in every position and two rookies isn't legitimate reason to panic, what is?
An O-line with stiffs and underachievers - Fowler, Preston and Dockery, led by the malcontent Peters? An O-line featuring Mike Williams or Gandy?

The Bills try to make improvements by getting rid of the lazy slugs, and adding 2 high caliber rookies, a bright and productive FA,while keeping our 2 hardest workers, and all we can do is criticize?

OpIv37
06-03-2009, 08:55 AM
An O-line with stiffs and underachievers - Fowler, Preston and Dockery, led by the malcontent Peters? An O-line featuring Mike Williams or Gandy?

The Bills try to make improvements by getting rid of the lazy slugs, and adding 2 high caliber rookies, a bright and productive FA,while keeping our 2 hardest workers, and all we can do is criticize?

Yes.

Hangartner was never a named starter. The rookies are completely unproven. And if Walker is so good at LT, why wasn't he playing there for the "malcontent" last year, especially since the "malcontent" was on a RT contract anyway?

And last year, the argument was that "continuity on the OL" will help them improve. Well, now there is ZERO continuity. 3 of the 5 presumed starters weren't on the team last year, and all 5 are in different positions. Now suddenly continuity doesn't matter?

Was change needed after last year? Yes. But some people on here seem to be confusing "change" with "improvement"- they're not necessarily the same thing.

madness
06-03-2009, 09:00 AM

Nothing like taking an observation from a single practice and twisting it to feed your own delusions.

OpIv37
06-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Nothing like taking an observation from a single practice and twisting it to feed your own delusions.

I hardly think concerns about our o-line constitute "delusions." That's just naive.

justasportsfan
06-03-2009, 09:08 AM
I hardly think concerns about our o-line constitute "delusions." That's just naive.

like I said, the report is neither here nor there but if the thread starter twists it just to find something to complain about, you could say he's being delusional.

Jan Reimers
06-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Yes.

Hangartner was never a named starter. The rookies are completely unproven. And if Walker is so good at LT, why wasn't he playing there for the "malcontent" last year, especially since the "malcontent" was on a RT contract anyway?

And last year, the argument was that "continuity on the OL" will help them improve. Well, now there is ZERO continuity. 3 of the 5 presumed starters weren't on the team last year, and all 5 are in different positions. Now suddenly continuity doesn't matter?

Was change needed after last year? Yes. But some people on here seem to be confusing "change" with "improvement"- they're not necessarily the same thing.
You really need to change before you can improve. Keeping untalented, or unproductive, or unhappy players will not produce a better O line. The FO has done a credible job of bringing in what appear to be smarter, harder working players, which our O line definitely needed.

I know that's not good enough for you, but I'm willing to give it a chance, and not go into hissy fits about it in June, before the pads have even gone on.

madness
06-03-2009, 09:16 AM
You really need to change before you can improve. Keeping untalented, or unproductive, or unhappy players will not produce a better O line. The FO has done a credible job of bringing in what appear to be smarter, harder working players, which our O line definitely needed.

I know that's not good enough for you, but I'm willing to give it a chance, and not go into hissy fits about it in June, before the pads have even gone on.

He's throttled his hissy fits in the TZ. Logic only dictates they will get much worse over here.

madness
06-03-2009, 09:19 AM

No, ignoring common sense like below is "just naive".

This should be expected. The DL is normally ahead of the OL in the summer and even the first part of camp.

Add to that the fact that we have 5 new starters on the OL (as far as positions started, at least), and it's going to be even worse, because they are still trying to learn all the calls and how to play next to one another.

DL doesn't have to worry about that kind of stuff as much, even if they have new guys. Even if they make a mistake at this time of year, they can still just try to get to the ball and/or QB.

I'm not worried one bit about this right now, if it's actually the way things are going.

OpIv37
06-03-2009, 09:22 AM

It shouldn't be good enough for you, either. Two years ago, this FO tried to re-stock the OL with Dock, Whittle and Walker and it didn't work. So now they have to do it AGAIN, and this time they brought in two rookies who will take time to develop. Once again, building for a future that never arrives.

Is it ever time to win NOW? Are they ever going to make the right decisions and actually win some football games?

I think you're confusing two issues.
Was change needed? Yes.
Are those changes going to help us win in 2009? I seriously doubt it.

Right now, the OL is different. There is ZERO proof that it's better. Regardless of what's going on in OTA's without pads, concerns about this OL are legitimate.

OpIv37
06-03-2009, 09:23 AM
He's throttled his hissy fits in the TZ. Logic only dictates they will get much worse over here.

show me one thing that even comes close to a hissy fit.

All I did was state that there is reason for concern about our OL and stated some very legitimate reasons why.

OpIv37
06-03-2009, 09:24 AM
No, ignoring common sense like below is "just naive".

Common sense would dictate that concerns about this OL stem from far more than just what's going on in OTA's. Ignoring that lacks common sense and is just naive.

madness
06-03-2009, 09:53 AM
show me one thing that even comes close to a hissy fit.

All I did was state that there is reason for concern about our OL and stated some very legitimate reasons why.

Hold on, let me search the BZ for Donte Whitner.

billogic99
06-03-2009, 10:09 AM
but lets not be quick to say the sky is falling either. I'm not surprised that the DL is getting penetration because they are running forward and the OL is backpedaling without the ability to push because of the lack of pads.

In other words that report is neither here nor there but HH translates it s like it's the end of the world. Why does he care anyways, isn't there a pats mb he should be visiting?

Yeah it's pretty much the theme across the league. We won't know anything positive or negative for a couple months. When we actually start playing pre season games. Not that the pre season is a gauge, but we will be playing other offenses and defenses, not our own. That's when we'll start to get a grasp on what to expect.

madness
06-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Common sense would dictate that concerns about this OL stem from far more than just what's going on in OTA's. Ignoring that lacks common sense and is just naive.

Who doesn't have concerns about the OL? Heck even the FO still has concerns about it.

It's naive to think the current situation has no upside and that the current situtation can't improve by the beginning of the season let alone TC with actual pads on.

OpIv37
06-03-2009, 10:46 AM
Who doesn't have concerns about the OL? Heck even the FO still has concerns about it.

It's naive to think the current situation has no upside and that the current situtation can't improve by the beginning of the season let alone TC with actual pads on.

uh, no it's not.

2 rookies with no NFL experience whatsoever.
1 FA who's never been a named starter.
2 guys moving positions.
0 continuity.

The chances of ALL 5 of those moves working out for the better and two rookies BOTH being ready by Sept is slim to none.

The current situation may have an upside, but it's extremely unlikely that we'll be seeing that upside by Sept 14.

TheMan08
06-03-2009, 10:53 AM
As long as we go 9-7.

I don't care.

Philagape
06-03-2009, 11:01 AM

Three straight losing seasons. The sky fell long ago. Now it's about putting it back up.

alohabillsfan
06-03-2009, 11:24 AM
if they turn out good will you just go away??????

FlyingDutchman
06-03-2009, 12:04 PM

all you complained about pre draft is "who is gonna play here on the line, who is going to play there" blah blah blah...obviously we had to bring in new people, and now youre freaking out about that? do you ever stop??

OpIv37
06-03-2009, 12:09 PM
all you complained about pre draft is "who is gonna play here on the line, who is going to play there" blah blah blah...obviously we had to bring in new people, and now youre freaking out about that? do you ever stop??

once again..... "change" is not the same as "improvement".

I'll stop when we start winning.

In case you didn't notice, our FO traded our Pro Bowl LT, cut and/or chose not to resign 4 offensive linemen (Dock, Fowler, Preston, Whittle), and only signed one FA. They chose to fill in the holes by reshuffling and inserting rookies who are COMPLETELY UNPROVEN IN THE NFL.

Yeah, now we know who's going to play where... so what's your point? That doesn't automatically make them good enough. The coaches could come out and say "Our OL is going to be Parrish-Reed-Youboty-Corner-Hardy"- then we'd know who would play where, and by your logic I should have no reason to be concerned. Please.

HHURRICANE
06-03-2009, 01:48 PM
This offense goes nowhere without the o-line at least playing as well as last year which isn't saying much.

If Chris Brown reports that D-line is having the better of OTAs than shouldn't we be concerned considering we didn't make any adjustments on the d-line.

Read again, we have the same guys on the d-line.

Yasgur's Farm
06-03-2009, 01:56 PM
If Chris Brown reports that D-line is having the better of OTAs than shouldn't we be concerned...Only if what CB reports is accurate... I can only assume you haven't watched the video I linked. If you had you would agree that CB's report is not accurate... Unless of course you simply want to *****.

FlyingDutchman
06-03-2009, 03:47 PM
once again..... "change" is not the same as "improvement".

I'll stop when we start winning.

In case you didn't notice, our FO traded our Pro Bowl LT, cut and/or chose not to resign 4 offensive linemen (Dock, Fowler, Preston, Whittle), and only signed one FA. They chose to fill in the holes by reshuffling and inserting rookies who are COMPLETELY UNPROVEN IN THE NFL.

Yeah, now we know who's going to play where... so what's your point? That doesn't automatically make them good enough. The coaches could come out and say "Our OL is going to be Parrish-Reed-Youboty-Corner-Hardy"- then we'd know who would play where, and by your logic I should have no reason to be concerned. Please.

we spent two first day picks on our oline which you were *****ing about true or false?

FlyingDutchman
06-03-2009, 03:50 PM
and before you give the arguement, does it make us better, wtf can any team do besides make interior lineman develope out of thin air? whats next...the arguement that just bc theres nobody to fill the spots doesnt mean theres not a problem....you argue EVERYTHING

FlyingDutchman
06-03-2009, 03:52 PM
This is definately going to go into "its the FO offices fault"...yeah we got that point from you many times

FlyingDutchman
06-03-2009, 03:54 PM
and yeah OP, im crushed Melvin Fowler and Duke Preston wont be manning the lines for us...we're so going down hill....please....

OpIv37
06-03-2009, 08:01 PM
and before you give the arguement, does it make us better, wtf can any team do besides make interior lineman develope out of thin air? whats next...the arguement that just bc theres nobody to fill the spots doesnt mean theres not a problem....you argue EVERYTHING

that's exactly what's next.

We're not arguing about what options the FO had. The OL is what it is.

The debate is whether or not two rookies, a center who's never been a named starters, and two starters changing positions is good enough to protect an inexperienced, unproven QB. It's very tough to make a case that such an OL would be good enough. If the Jets or the Dolphins or the Patriots were in such a position, we'd all be pointing at them and laughing. But since it's the Bills, it automatically has to make them better, right?

Every time I make valid points about why this team will struggle this year, you come back with "well what other options did the FO have?" as if that argument has some kind of relevance. The options were better drafting and FA moves 2 or 3 years ago, but that ship has long since sailed. You make these red herring arguments regarding a lack of options this season, yet you fail to see that a lack of available options won't make the players on the field any better.

I argue everything because when I make a point that's intelligent and well-reasoned, people like you challenge me on it anyway because it's not what you want to hear.

I really don't understand you sometimes- I post something you disagree with, you make a post arguing with me about why you disagree, then when I respond you ***** that I argue. It takes two- if you don't want to argue with me, don't respond to my posts.

OpIv37
06-03-2009, 08:07 PM
and yeah OP, im crushed Melvin Fowler and Duke Preston wont be manning the lines for us...we're so going down hill....please....

hahahaha here we go again.... you're satisfied with half a solution. I have no problem dumping Fowler and Preston. I have a problem with the fact that there's no proof that anyone we got to replace them is any better. Dumping players is only half the equation. The Bills are decent at that. It's the second part- finding better replacements- where they consistently fail.

Remember Jeff Posey? I complained when we cut him because we didn't have anyone better. Everyone said "Who cares- he sucks anyway." Yeah- 3 years later we're still struggling at OLB. So be careful what you ask for. Remember- the people replacing Fowler and Dockery are the same people who chose to sign Fowler and Dockery in the first place.

FlyingDutchman
06-03-2009, 08:11 PM
I know they they wont be good out of the gate. No kidding. I dont know many people who think they WILL be very good right away....we are ALL aware of this...But its the hand we're gonna have to play bc Fowler and Preston and Doc sucked....is that the FOs fault? yes sure. All we can do now is hope they got this draft right and these guys will be studs by the end of the year. Dont go into the we need to win now arguement, bc most of us realize we wont be winning the super bowl this year. Does it suck? Sure. All that can be done given the situation is exactly what the bills did. They spent two day 1 picks on the interior lineman. Thats all that could be done besides spending EVERY day 1 pick on Oline. But then you would have *****ed about how we did nothing for the Dline. The situation is what it is, and the Bills have done what they could since dismantling their interior lineman. Dont tell me with a straight face youre going to miss Fowler and Preston or even Doc for that matter. Hell I wont even miss Peters.

FlyingDutchman
06-03-2009, 08:13 PM
hahahaha here we go again.... you're satisfied with half a solution. I have no problem dumping Fowler and Preston. I have a problem with the fact that there's no proof that anyone we got to replace them is any better. Dumping players is only half the equation. The Bills are decent at that. It's the second part- finding better replacements- where they consistently fail.

Remember Jeff Posey? I complained when we cut him because we didn't have anyone better. Everyone said "Who cares- he sucks anyway." Yeah- 3 years later we're still struggling at OLB. So be careful what you ask for. Remember- the people replacing Fowler and Dockery are the same people who chose to sign Fowler and Dockery in the first place.

what proof do you want? they havent even started their career yet jesus christ. ill take my shot with two highly rated rookies over those wastes of seamen anyday

OpIv37
06-03-2009, 08:15 PM
I know they they wont be good out of the gate. No kidding. I dont know many people who think they WILL be very good right away....we are ALL aware of this...But its the hand we're gonna have to play bc Fowler and Preston and Doc sucked....is that the FOs fault? yes sure. All we can do now is hope they got this draft right and these guys will be studs by the end of the year. Dont go into the we need to win now arguement, bc most of us realize we wont be winning the super bowl this year. Does it suck? Sure. All that can be done given the situation is exactly what the bills did. They spent two day 1 picks on the interior lineman. Thats all that could be done besides spending EVERY day 1 pick on Oline. But then you would have *****ed about how we did nothing for the Dline. The situation is what it is, and the Bills have done what they could since dismantling their interior lineman. Dont tell me with a straight face youre going to miss Fowler and Preston or even Doc for that matter. Hell I wont even miss Peters.

I'll miss Peters' play, not his attitude. I'm with you on the other three- they're useless. Hell I've been hating on Fowler for at least a year, maybe longer.

I'm just not convinced that the guys we have are going to be better, at least not initially.

I'm just extremely frustrated by the perpetual cycle of rebuilding. 2 or 3 years ago, the Bills pumped a lot of resources into the OL. It didn't work, and now we have to start over and wait 2 or 3 years for results. Again. And that's assuming they got it right this time.

When exactly do we get to win?

FlyingDutchman
06-03-2009, 08:19 PM
I'll miss Peters' play, not his attitude. I'm with you on the other three- they're useless. Hell I've been hating on Fowler for at least a year, maybe longer.

I'm just not convinced that the guys we have are going to be better, at least not initially.

I'm just extremely frustrated by the perpetual cycle of rebuilding. 2 or 3 years ago, the Bills pumped a lot of resources into the OL. It didn't work, and now we have to start over and wait 2 or 3 years for results. Again. And that's assuming they got it right this time.

When exactly do we get to win?

me too man, me too...all we can do is look to the future. It sucks, but its all we can do. We just have to give these guys a chance and wait and see.

HHURRICANE
06-06-2009, 12:44 PM
I know they they wont be good out of the gate. No kidding. I dont know many people who think they WILL be very good right away....we are ALL aware of this...But its the hand we're gonna have to play bc Fowler and Preston and Doc sucked....is that the FOs fault? yes sure.

You crucified people for making this argument 2 months ago and now you are agreeing with it.

So basically your confrontational just for the fun of it?

HHURRICANE
06-06-2009, 12:46 PM
No denying CB reported that "news"... But the video doesn't back-up the "news" he reported. In this case, the "news" doesn't appear to be "fact".

So the two minute video is better than a guy who's been there the entire time?

FlyingDutchman
06-06-2009, 07:34 PM
You crucified people for making this argument 2 months ago and now you are agreeing with it.

So basically your confrontational just for the fun of it?

um no i never said anything about them being good right away, but continue to make things up if you like. the only person who gets crucified is you bc of your pointless and borderline ******ed posts

FlyingDutchman
06-06-2009, 07:35 PM
did i say boderline? forget that word

Night Train
06-06-2009, 08:04 PM

Stop Making Sense... was a great Talking Heads CD. :up:

Yasgur's Farm
06-07-2009, 07:34 AM
So the two minute video is better than a guy who's been there the entire time?When he shows 3 out of the 4 "would-be sacks?... abso****enlutely!!

FlyingDutchman
06-07-2009, 09:13 AM
also HH, we should discuss what you were saying two months ago....something along the lines about not being a bills fan anymore, leaving, and becoming a patriots fan....whatever happend to that talk?

HHURRICANE
06-07-2009, 09:47 AM
um no i never said anything about them being good right away, but continue to make things up if you like. the only person who gets crucified is you bc of your pointless and borderline ******ed posts

You said we wouldn't miss Peters. Should I pull your quotes?

You bully your way through stuff and than end up agreeing with me.

I'm glad you see it my way now.

FlyingDutchman
06-07-2009, 09:55 AM

lol. how dense are you? I wont miss peters and these guys wont be good right away are slightly different magoo. Especially when they dont even play the same position. trust me nobody ever sees it your way lol

FlyingDutchman
06-07-2009, 09:58 AM
and do you really want to pull the "should i pull your quotes" card mr patriot? lol...youre plain sad lol

BertSquirtgum
06-07-2009, 11:38 AM
honestly who cares? did anyone see what the defensive prospects did to the offensive prospects during the draft tryouts? the same thing is happening now. this is such a stupid thread

WeAreArthurMoates
06-07-2009, 05:33 PM

Well to be fair this thread you started is basically about how Butler is playing. In fact, Langston has looked phenominal in these OTA's. Problem is though, I'm not coming on here making a thread of how good Langston looks. You know why I'm not, CAUSE THERE PRACTICING WITHOUT PADS. Until these guys can hit, this is utterly pointless.

HHURRICANE
06-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Well to be fair this thread you started is basically about how Butler is playing. In fact, Langston has looked phenominal in these OTA's. Problem is though, I'm not coming on here making a thread of how good Langston looks. You know why I'm not, CAUSE THERE PRACTICING WITHOUT PADS. Until these guys can hit, this is utterly pointless.

The Bills internal reporter says the d-line is getting the better of OTAs. Not my opinion just the facts that are being reported.

FlyingDutchman
06-07-2009, 09:15 PM
well this thread went over like a fart in church. thumbs up

Typ0
06-07-2009, 09:36 PM
The Bills internal reporter says the d-line is getting the better of OTAs. Not my opinion just the facts that are being reported.

those aren't facts they are the spin of the organization. These practices are useless in determining what the success of the team is going to be this year.

WeAreArthurMoates
06-07-2009, 10:26 PM

First of all it said for only that day and secondly, like I've said, you can't judge them at this point. It's impossible to do that when they can't make contact and that my man in a fact.

Yasgur's Farm
06-08-2009, 05:57 AM
The Bills internal reporter says the d-line is getting the better of OTAs. Not my opinion just the facts that are being reported.Why do you continue to ignore the "facts" you can clearly see?

psubills62
06-08-2009, 05:01 PM
It's a little concerning, but as others have said - not a huge deal without the pads. The important part people should be looking at in these current OTA's is how Edwards is doing. It sounds like he's been connecting well with the receivers, TE's, and RB's. So hopefully once the pads come on and the OL can protect Edwards for more than a few seconds, he'll be able to get the job done.

madness
06-09-2009, 07:57 AM
The facts are also that this isn't the same chump DL with the same chump DL coach. Sanders is actually teaching these guys technique on how to get to the QB instead of just spitting and yelling at them. Maybin was added, Ellis should show significant improvement going into this second year and Schobel actually showed up for an OTA.

This is exactly what we want to see. Everybody and their mom should damn well expect this very raw OL to struggle at this stage. If they weren't struggling, our pass rush would be more pathetic than last year. By training camp we hopefully should see things balance out.

HHURRICANE
06-09-2009, 08:18 AM
The facts are also that this isn't the same chump DL with the same chump DL coach. Sanders is actually teaching these guys technique on how to get to the QB instead of just spitting and yelling at them. Maybin was added, Ellis should show significant improvement going into this second year and Schobel actually showed up for an OTA.

This is exactly what we want to see. Everybody and their mom should damn well expect this very raw OL to struggle at this stage. If they weren't struggling, our pass rush would be more pathetic than last year. By training camp we hopefully should see things balance out.

I hope you are right on the coaching but it's the same D-line as last year.